The All-time Auction Draft

NM

Well if anyobdy can stop Messi/Ronaldo it's our boys. Maldini/Baresi/Kohler/Cafu/Tasotti/Breitner! Bring it on!

*Not all of them will play

Skizzo

I usually slink through Mondays with a hangover. This week there's WWE PPV on Sunday night too!

I can do tomorrow, if you want to get this over with quickly! :p Friday/weekends rarely get feedback and turn out to be dull affairs imo!
I'm out of town until friday. Unless @Pat_Mustard is able to throw something together and wants to get it done tomorrow

Otherwise Tuesday is fine by me :)

Cal?

CR7 fan
Well if anyobdy can stop Messi/Ronaldo it's our boys. Maldini/Baresi/Kohler/Cafu/Tasotti/Breitner! Bring it on!

*Not all of them will play
I honestly have no idea how to fit everyone into my side now... :confused:

Xavi, Iniesta and Zidane, who to drop?

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
In Match 2, two nearly mythological draft deities face off. Theon is said to be the offspring of Gaia, the inventor of the 4-2-2-2 and partly responsible for the Antohan-Theon feud. After beating Rpitroda in round 1 with 13-8 he now has no strings attached and has managed to get the hold of pure offensive fire power in Zizinho, Zico, Romario, Ronaldinho and Best.

He's up against Aldo. The modest man, the modest myth, the modest legend - who likes to downplay his own greatness with flattering words about the opponents. A natural charmer, the drafts Mr. Bilzerian.

Match 2;
-------------------------------THEON------------------------------------------VS--------------------ALDO
:eek:

Talking about preliminary finals.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
I honestly have no idea how to fit everyone into my side now... :confused:

Xavi, Iniesta and Zidane, who to drop?
It's between Iniesta and Zidane and with Xavi here it's a no-brainer, imo. Seems cruel to bench Zidane without even giving him a chance, but he will be a great vote-pulling option for you if something goes wrong.

Cal?

CR7 fan
It's between Iniesta and Zidane and with Xavi here it's a no-brainer, imo. Seems cruel to bench Zidane without even giving him a chance, but he will be a great vote-pulling option for you if something goes wrong.
I'm leaning towards that too, Xaviesta seems like a no brainer like Rio & Vidic.

But to drop Zidane of all people... :(

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I'm leaning towards that too, Xaviesta seems like a no brainer like Rio & Vidic.

I'd say it depends on how you want to play. Possession style, then Schweini - Xavi - Iniesta is your midfield 3. A regular game, sitting a bit deeper, maybe even attacking on the counter, then Makelele - Xavi - Zidane is your best midfield.

VivaJanuzaj

I'd say it depends on how you want to play. Possession style, then Schweini - Xavi - Iniesta is your midfield 3. A regular game, sitting a bit deeper, maybe even attacking on the counter, then Makelele - Xavi - Zidane is your best midfield.
This Cal?
For me picking Zidane was either tactical brilliance to deny him from others or, a waste of money

VivaJanuzaj

Personally I can't imagine Ronaldo pressing enough to play Barca's tiki taka, and that will rise as a question mark if you play Xavi and Iniesta with Messi as false 9. I'd play Makalele-Xavi-Zidane

Cal?

CR7 fan
This Cal?
For me picking Zidane was either tactical brilliance to deny him from others or, a waste of money
Well, not a lot of area I needed to improve on, so I thought I'd bid on both.
Personally I can't imagine Ronaldo pressing enough to play Barca's tiki taka, and that will rise as a question mark if you play Xavi and Iniesta with Messi as false 9. I'd play Makalele-Xavi-Zidane
I think Ronaldo can press better than Neymar...

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Well, not a lot of area I needed to improve on
:confused: Alves and Schweini?

You had Matthaus & Neeskens available who would have been massive upgrades on Schweini. Not sure if you read last match's comments, Alves vs Gento (I think) was a major weakness pointed out. You still would be better off with Zanetti, Thuram, Cafu, Carlos Alberto, Irwin etc, all who would have been considered an upgrade depending on how attacking/defensive you plan to play.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Rightback is officially the most underrated position on the pitch, after goalkeeper.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Rightback is officially the most underrated position on the pitch, after goalkeeper.
Didn't see that in this round though, with no less than 3 managers going for RB reinforcements - Cafu, C.Alberto and Zannetti.

Never really found that to be the case tbh.

Cal?

CR7 fan
:confused: Alves and Schweini?

You had Matthaus & Neeskens available who would have been massive upgrades on Schweini. Not sure if you read last match's comments, Alves vs Gento (I think) was a major weakness pointed out. You still would be better off with Zanetti, Thuram, Cafu, Carlos Alberto, Irwin etc, all who would have been considered an upgrade depending on how attacking/defensive you plan to play.
I'm not sure if Irwin would have been an upgrade on Alves to be honest....

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
I'm not sure if Irwin would have been an upgrade on Alves to be honest....
Of course he isn't, but you are in a fantasy draft world where Alves is a defensive liability but doesn't get more than lip service for his contribution upfront, while Irwin is Mr. Reliable at the back while being equally irrelevant to the attacking drool stakes.

The same world where Gary feckin' Kelly can stop Zidane just by "tucking in". In real life, the only thing tucking in is his sphincter when faced by Zinedine.