The Arsenal Kids .....An Apology

Jopub

From Barca to Orient - back down to earth with a b
"Thomas..It's up for grabs now - Thomas, righ
I surely speak on behalf of every Gooner

Sincere apologies are due from us as I understand after last nights mercurial performance and drubbing of Sheffield Utd we will be condemned to abhorent world wide praise. It will come from journalists, radio, tv, the internet. No stone will be left unturned to award the accolades we will receive

I also apologise that it was not a Man Utd side that did this otherwise you would have been the recipients of this praise, although it has to be said had that been the case the praise would have indeed been justified

We did not want these kids, they just turned up at the Emirates with parental wishes that Arsene Wenger do the best by them he can. How dare they !

Unfortunately the coaching staff at Arsenal are reasonably knowledgeable and these wannabe superstars have applied their learning to such intense levels that they have ended up being quite good.......damn it

In realising how deeply upsetting thiis for members of Red Cafe I wish to make it clear Arsenal will be doing all they can in the future to make sure we turn out nobody younger than 42 and they will never be labelled as kids again

It is rumoured Arsenal will be making a press statement this morning that to the effect that last night's performance had in fact nothing to do with them (we have apparrently been sending them up for secret coaching at Man Utd)

Maybe thats why they played so well

Aaaaahh ...............that's perfectly okay then

Again please accept our apologies (we sincerely do not want to upset anybody)

hotshot2004

I don't see why we owe them a apology. They play a mediocore championship team and all of a sudden they are huge.

I don't owe any apology to arsenal. :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

i hope the message is clear.

reddevilcanada

I'm happy for you, your kids destroyed a championship side in the first round of the mighty Carling Cup, so credit where credit is due. however, come may, we'll be the ones with a massive grin on our faces again ;)

noodlehair

"It's like..."
There's a reason why the kids only ever appear in the Carling cup.

Arsenal fans are the only set I know of who year after year, crow about beating someone in the Carling Cup. Not winning the Carling Cup, just beating someone in it.

green demon

Caf Nostradamous 2008
Near to nowhere, in the suburbs of Amnesia.
Well done Arsenal kids for thumping a small club. Credit where it's due - you can only beat what's put in front of you so there's no sarcasm in my congratulations. However, hammering Sheffield United proves nothing other than they have a lot of potential.

Now to stick some of the English players in the first team and play them in the Premiership and see how they do.

Christofaux

Well done Arsenal kids for thumping a small club. Credit where it's due - you can only beat what's put in front of you so there's no sarcasm in my congratulations. However, hammering Sheffield United proves nothing other than they have a lot of potential.

Now to stick some of the English players in the first team and play them in the Premiership and see how they do.
We are also saying nothing more then that they are showing potential.

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Hehe

Never fails

Arsenal fans always get a bit giddy after the first couple of Worthless Cup rounds.

Just like Liverpool fans are always giddy in August.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
I surely speak on behalf of every Gooner

Sincere apologies are due from us as I understand after last nights mercurial performance and drubbing of Sheffield Utd we will be condemned to abhorent world wide praise. It will come from journalists, radio, tv, the internet. No stone will be left unturned to award the accolades we will receive

I also apologise that it was not a Man Utd side that did this otherwise you would have been the recipients of this praise, although it has to be said had that been the case the praise would have indeed been justified

We did not want these kids, they just turned up at the Emirates with parental wishes that Arsene Wenger do the best by them he can. How dare they !

Unfortunately the coaching staff at Arsenal are reasonably knowledgeable and these wannabe superstars have applied their learning to such intense levels that they have ended up being quite good.......damn it

In realising how deeply upsetting thiis for members of Red Cafe I wish to make it clear Arsenal will be doing all they can in the future to make sure we turn out nobody younger than 42 and they will never be labelled as kids again

It is rumoured Arsenal will be making a press statement this morning that to the effect that last night's performance had in fact nothing to do with them (we have apparrently been sending them up for secret coaching at Man Utd)

Maybe thats why they played so well

Aaaaahh ...............that's perfectly okay then

Again please accept our apologies (we sincerely do not want to upset anybody)
Nice post. No problem with giving out the credit where its due, but you won't get much on this site. By all accounts the performance was apparently very, very impressive.

Yes, the media will go over the top about it. Yes, this forum would have been hysterical beyond belief if our kids had done the same.

The only slight negative I can think of (I'm United, I have to find one) is that this Arsenal wonderkid thing has been the same for about six seasons now. In that time very few of these kids ever make the grade. Will this batch be any different? In all honesty I actually think they will. Vela, Merida, Wilshere, Ramsay all have huge potential just to single out a few.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Why is an Arsenal fan on a Utd forum first thing after a 'big' win?

Christofaux

He doesnt like Arsenal forums as much?

He can have two (or more if he's clever) internet sites open at once?

I would hardly call it straight after either... Also if hes like me i'm on my boss' time.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
some people only support other teams so they can try to put digs in. He is probably from up north

our team was almost as inexperienced and we beat a premiership team

you dont see me walking round with my cock out (except on a saturday night)

Christofaux

some people only support other teams so they can try to put digs in. He is probably from up north

our team was almost as inexperienced and we beat a premiership team

you dont see me walking round with my cock out (except on a saturday night)
Ronaldo? Giggs? O'shea (except hes rubbish)?

Hardly!

VP

Congratulations Jopub your kids are better than ours. Even your women's team are better than ours (we don't even have one)

It really puts being the Champions of England and Europe to shame.

Christofaux

So out of all the forums he could choose he chooses a Utd one... bit strange that if you ask me...

I'm on my bosses time too, still I'm not on any Madrid, Liverpool or Arsenal forums.....
You could hardly post what he said on an Arsenal forum...

I like it here, i used ot be on A-M but most people are deluded and think they know about football (where as i clearly do ;) )

Also the fact you guys have a general and talk about Arsenal all the time helps :P

CnutOfAllCnuts

Bald Boring Cnut
Ronaldo? Giggs? O'shea (except hes rubbish)?

Hardly!
We played a team with a mixture of experience and young uns.

An 18-year old in goal, an 18-year old right back, a 19-year old and a 20-year old in centre midfield and a 17-year old up front.

Eyepopper

I like it here, i used ot be on A-M but most people are deluded and think they know about football (where as i clearly do ;) )
The types that see a 6 goal win over a poor Championship side as the dawning of some new day you mean:confused:

rocks13

I just hope we draw Arsenal in the next round so we can crush them 4-0 and Jopub can come on here telling us how the Carling Cup is lowest priority in the trophies Arsenal won't win this season.

Christofaux

We played a team with a mixture of experience and young uns.

An 18-year old in goal, an 18-year old right back, a 19-year old and a 20-year old in centre midfield and a 17-year old up front.
Just a reminder ;)

----------------fabianski 23

hoyte 18---djourou 21---song 21---gibbs 18

wilshere 16---ramsey 17---randall 18---merida 18

---------bendtner 20---vela 19

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
There's a reason why the kids only ever appear in the Carling cup.

Arsenal fans are the only set I know of who year after year, crow about beating someone in the Carling Cup. Not winning the Carling Cup, just beating someone in it.
Eggzackerly.

Same shite, different season. Almost exactly the same hyerbole (from press and fans) during the Quincy and Bentley years. All we know for certain is that the Arsenal kids are just at good at being flat-track bullies as their first XI, which has been a bit of a theme during Arsenal's recent, trophy-starved seasons.

On a side note, this Jopub bloke, he's a bit of a loon, isn't he?

Eyepopper

no, not really... we beat a premiership side 3-1 last night

rocks13

Just a reminder ;)

----------------fabianski 23

hoyte 18---djourou 21---song 21---gibbs 18

wilshere 16---ramsey 17---randall 18---merida 18

---------bendtner 20---vela 19
Just a reminder.

Tottenham 5 Arsenal 1

Manchester United 4 Arsenal 0

Jopub

Nice post. No problem with giving out the credit where its due, but you won't get much on this site. By all accounts the performance was apparently very, very impressive.

Yes, the media will go over the top about it. Yes, this forum would have been hysterical beyond belief if our kids had done the same.

The only slight negative I can think of (I'm United, I have to find one) is that this Arsenal wonderkid thing has been the same for about six seasons now. In that time very few of these kids ever make the grade. Will this batch be any different? In all honesty I actually think they will. Vela, Merida, Wilshere, Ramsay all have huge potential just to single out a few.
Heh heh Well at least you saw the humour in it :D

Personally I'm never convinced by spanking a CL team in the CCup but it does show that we keep fostering very good young players and who knows eventually some of them / three four, could as you say go on and make us stronger than they we are currently

The media reaction to this is always ridiculous

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I don't think satire is your strong point, Jopub. You should stick to beetle similes.

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
I don't see why we owe them a apology. They play a mediocore championship team and all of a sudden they are huge.

I don't owe any apology to arsenal. :nono::nono::nono::nono::nono:

i hope the message is clear.
you're an idiot

Jopub

And why in fksnames are you so upset about? a few young players shining actually given a stage for their excellent performance and illustrating how good it is when youth gets a chance it can be really nice to see

I dont care wether they are younger or older than Utd City's or Chelsea's youth thye went out and did a job on a professional competence experienced div 2 side and so deserve a bit of credit - They are not Brazil or will not win the title 10 years running they're just youngsters given an opportunity who have taken it

So many on here have this myopic view that if someone says Arsenal's youngsters have great potential and showed it in a single match then that must surely mean Man Uts youth are shit

Doe'snt say that to me