The bad (typically gun related) things happening in America thread

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Imagine the uproar if a big box store chain, even a smaller, regional one, put up metal detectors at its front door? Imagine how vociferous the screams that ‘liberties were being taken away,’ ‘the slippery slope is real,’ etc. would be, yet it wouldn’t advance the debate over common sense gun restriction one iota. It would even further impair the possibilities for it.

This situation is its own feedback loop now. Just can’t see any scenario where this ever changes.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs

Such a spineless piece of shit.
While he does admit the banning of food and water to people waiting in line to vote makes no sense, he immediately leaps to a violent metaphor (explosion) to describe people quite logically doing mail-in voting during a freaking pandemic. Not only is he spineless but he's dangerous.

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
While he does admit the banning of food and water to people waiting in line to vote makes no sense, he immediately leaps to a violent metaphor (explosion) to describe people quite logically doing mail-in voting during a freaking pandemic. Not only is he spineless but he's dangerous.
It's an easy thing for him to say as it's a different state, the shift that you mention is the really important bit there.
Besides, everyone knows why it makes sense for the republican party to put in laws like that.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
I hope someone breaks into his house and shoot him with his own gun. It's sick how the NRA takes no responsibility for the epidemic they have created. People are dying and nothing is being done.
No way he actually owns a functional AR-15, much less keeps it loaded and knows how to use it.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
That seems rather low rent for someone who undoubtedly has his fingers deep into a lot of grift. I expected more, there’s not even a servant’s quarters ffs.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
That seems rather low rent for someone who undoubtedly has his fingers deep into a lot of grift. I expected more, there’s not even a servant’s quarters ffs.
Everyone knows a gimp lives in the basement, so everything above ground is window dressing.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wait wait wait, it is now illegal in Georgia to give food or water to people waiting in line to vote?

Surely I am missing that this is the Onion?

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
Wait wait wait, it is now illegal in Georgia to give food or water to people waiting in line to vote?

It's a not-so-subtle way to disincentivize minorities and the poor from voting. Its goes along with provisions to limit the number of ballot locations (so people in cities have to wait much longer whereas rural counties its much easier to vote), limit the number of drop boxes so people can't easily put in a mail-in ballot, and restricting voting hours. When they create conditions for long lines in heavily Dem areas in the city, they put this bullcrap in to then further disincentivize people from waiting in line.

If that sounds crazy to you, you aren't the only one. And it's why its hard to not see the Republican party as an overall bunch of evil pieces of crap.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member

That’s what passed.

It’s already in the court systems. Many of the 95 laws will be struck down.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
It's a not-so-subtle way to disincentivize minorities and the poor from voting. Its goes along with provisions to limit the number of ballot locations (so people in cities have to wait much longer whereas rural counties its much easier to vote), limit the number of drop boxes so people can't easily put in a mail-in ballot, and restricting voting hours. When they create conditions for long lines in heavily Dem areas in the city, they put this bullcrap in to then further disincentivize people from waiting in line.

If that sounds crazy to you, you aren't the only one. And it's why its hard to not see the Republican party as an overall bunch of evil pieces of crap.
And to eventually eliminate Sunday voting, another strength of black voters.

Carolina Red

Staff
He has a townhouse in DC as well, but if he’s talking about defending his home with his AR, he’s referring to the one in Seneca.

langster

Captain Stink mouth, so soppy few pints very wow!
Scout
The house Graham is defending from the marauding gangs...

It’s in a large wooded community on a lake next to a town of about 8000 people.
That looks beautiful. I Googled the area and it's a very pretty place. Although I'd say he's more at risk from angry racoons than armed assassins.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
He has a townhouse in DC as well, but if he’s talking about defending his home with his AR, he’s referring to the one in Seneca.
Didn’t realize he lived up yonder, thought he would be somewhere down around Yeamans Hall or Belfair with the landed gentry.

Carolina Red

Staff
That looks beautiful. I Googled the area and it's a very pretty place. Although I'd say he's more at risk from angry racoons than armed assassins.
No doubt. And yes, the Lake Keowee and Lake Jocassee area is one of S.C.’s truly beautiful areas.
Didn’t realize he lived up yonder, thought he would be somewhere down around Yeamans Hall or Belfair with the landed gentry.
Yep. He’s from near Clemson.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord

For all the Trumpfans' talk of an elitist cabal secretly pulling the strings they sure are missing the actual elitist cabal pulling strings right in front of them. Fecking eejits.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
The house Graham is defending from the marauding gangs...

It’s in a large wooded community on a lake next to a town of about 8000 people.
Wow, that house is only about 250K with a mortgage of 1k/month!

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
No doubt. And yes, the Lake Keowee and Lake Jocassee area is one of S.C.’s truly beautiful areas.

Yep. He’s from near Clemson.
Another obvious reason I felt a bit sullied when living up there. Never realized he was from Central.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
No way he actually owns a functional AR-15, much less keeps it loaded and knows how to use it.
We need some kind of vigilante justice for people like this. It's almost as if you need violence to end the violence. It's gotten so bad I'm starting to think I'll need a gun myself just to feel safe taking the subway. I'm probably going to end up shooting myself if I ever have to use a gun but the current climate we're in almost makes it seems like it's a necessity.

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
We need some kind of vigilante justice for people like this. It's almost as if you need violence to end the violence. It's gotten so bad I'm starting to think I'll need a gun myself just to feel safe taking the subway. I'm probably going to end up shooting myself if I ever have to use a gun but the current climate we're in almost makes it seems like it's a necessity.
We've discussed it, but I think the closest we'll ever get to owning a gun is a pellet rifle should we move back down south to snake country. My personal revulsion when it comes to handguns and non-hunting rifles is something I don't think I can overcome.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

Typical Yanks, can't go more than two hours without stuffing something into their pieholes.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
We've discussed it, but I think the closest we'll ever get to owning a gun is a pellet rifle should we move back down south to snake country. My personal revulsion when it comes to handguns and non-hunting rifles is something I don't think I can overcome.
I've never even touched a gun.

oneniltothearsenal

Scout
Supports
For all the Trumpfans' talk of an elitist cabal secretly pulling the strings they sure are missing the actual elitist cabal pulling strings right in front of them. Fecking eejits.
They like that cabal so it's okay.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It must be horrible to live in the US - their entire culture appears to be based around fear of everybody else - fear of the government, fear of their neighbours, fear of anybody who isn't like them. The knowledge that pretty much everybody potentially owns a lethal firearm certainly can't help the paranoia either. What a clusterfeck of a nation it is.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
It must be horrible to live in the US - their entire culture appears to be based around fear of everybody else - fear of the government, fear of their neighbours, fear of anybody who isn't like them. The knowledge that pretty much everybody potentially owns a lethal firearm certainly can't help the paranoia either. What a clusterfeck of a nation it is.

You are not wrong. I still look at my neighbourhood group page and every other post is about suspicious people walking around, looking at cars, knocking on doors or whatever. Usually it's just ordinary people going about their business. Everybody is afraid and looking to snitch or moan about somebody speeding, honking their horn, being rude, walking their dogs or whatever. My house is in an affluent suburb of likeminded people so it's not like it's Compton or something.

It's just a real fecking drag and it sucks that I have to go back there.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
It's not all bad and border patrol and Immigration might disagree with you because of the insane amount of people that still want to come live here. It has it's negatives but it's still a decent place to live. New York in the Summer is literally electrifying. The food is amazing, the diverse cultures, the street performers and there is always an event. The street fairs are my favorite. And no not everyone owns a firearm. Where are you from ?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It's not all bad and border patrol and Immigration might disagree with you because of the insane amount of people that still want to come live here. It has it's negatives but it's still a decent place to live. New York in the Summer is literally electrifying. The food is amazing, the diverse cultures, the street performers and there is always an event. The street fairs are my favorite. And no not everyone owns a firearm. Where are you from ?
I live in Northern Ireland and although I've enjoyed the two visits I've made to the USA in my life you honestly couldn't pay me to live there - although if I had to I would definitely choose NYC because it's ace. Lots of people still want to live there because it's still a much richer country than most and people believe they will have a better life there - doesn't mean they are right. I'm sure most people wouldn't be much interested in living in Northern Ireland either but at least its a relatively very safe place to live.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I live in Northern Ireland and although I've enjoyed the two visits I've made to the USA in my life you honestly couldn't pay me to live there - although if I had to I would definitely choose NYC because it's ace. Lots of people still want to live there because it's still a much richer country than most and people believe they will have a better life there - doesn't mean they are right. I'm sure most people wouldn't be much interested in living in Northern Ireland either but at least its a relatively very safe place to live.

The one massive downside of Ireland is the weather. England is bad enough but you get even more rain.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
The one massive downside of Ireland is the weather. England is bad enough but you get even more rain.
The weather is absolutely depressing here - hence why if I'm ever able to I'll be moving to Spain for at least part of the year fingers crossed.

Grinner

Staff
Supports
Arsenal
The weather is absolutely depressing here - hence why if I'm ever able to I'll be moving to Spain for at least part of the year fingers crossed.

It's lovely outside here in Florence today but we're fecking locked down. Would have been perfect to sit by the river and watch the crumpet.