Film The Batman

Jaap

Loved the dark vibe but movie doesn’t come close to the Dark Knight.

Pattinson was good, Riddler & Penguin better though.

Best part was the car chase and the beginning.

Didn‘t feel like three hours but could have done without a few scenes, imo.

Was expecting a post-credit scene but was let down.

Last edited:

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
For me this was a 6/10 movie which frustratingly could have been a 10/10 movie with better editing.

Going against the grain, I loved Andy Serkis I just hated how that story played out.

Colin Farrell and Robert Pattinson were great. No chemistry with Catwoman though.

Sylar

For me this was a 6/10 movie which frustratingly could have been a 10/10 movie with better editing.

Going against the grain, I loved Andy Serkis I just hated how that story played out.

Colin Farrell and Robert Pattinson were great. No chemistry with Catwoman though.
I didn't like nor hate him but agree with the story. I think they could have done more with him and spent more time on this rather than the final battle

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
I didn't like nor hate him but agree with the story. I think they could have done more with him and spent more time on this rather than the final battle
Yep, agreed, they just kind of left the stuff with him at a loose end to try and shoe-horn in a big fight and a load of piss-poor cinematography with torches.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Can see why they cut it, wouldn't really have added anything to the actual film.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
I felt a little let down by the interrogation scene between bats and Riddler. I was waiting for that the whole time and it was like when you really need a shit and finally get to the toilet and it's only a fart :( compare that to the Joker interrogation and it's not even close...

Also a dilemma like bats having to either free the ridller or risk having his identity blown would have been a better finale. A lose-lose situation like with Dent and Rachel... Would have elevated Riddler character a bit.

Reiver

Really enjoyed it.
Thought it really gets across the fact that Batman is a nutter, scarred by his parents' death. Pattinson is already the best Batman in my opinion. Only the Dark Knight is better. The score is very good too. Also liked the nod to.the 60s batmobile. Looking forward to the next one.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
..and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one and the next one...

The Hilton

Saw this over the weekend, and enjoyed it. I really liked the approach they took, rather than the standard reboot formula they focused more on the detective side of things.

My two main complaints are the editing (could have shortened the time just by removing some of the unnecessary brooding shots) and the plot weakening later in the film:

Batman's detective skills seem to progressively degrade as the film goes on, to the point that he's just doing what Riddler tells him and ends up completely flummoxed by him.

Still, I thought there were some brilliant moments, the action scenes were excellent throughout, and I'm excited to see where they go with it.

christy87

Supports
Dipping tea in toast
It looked very much like a British Batman in the way it was filmed and bring honest when I watch a big blockbuster I generally prefer the American look to movies as it adds a lot more colour.
As for the actual movie it was too long, boring in bits, had good action scenes, he probably should of been dead after hitting the bridge/bus after all he's a superhero without super powers it made him look really clumsy.
I'd rate it below Nolan's trilogy as well as below batman and batman returns.

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Saw a great review by one of the most highly regarded film critics in the world. Really opened my eyes up not only to the inner workings of this Batman film, but the franchise as a whole. Highly recommend giving him a listen:

Jericholyte2

Saw a great review by one of the most highly regarded film critics in the world. Really opened my eyes up not only to the inner workings of this Batman film, but the franchise as a whole. Highly recommend giving him a listen:

I feel like I've been rick-rolled for clicking on that spoiler tag!

Superunknown

Bastard. Got me good. :lol:

Mike Smalling

Without having seen his review, I'm guessing he has a problem with one or more of the following. a) Catwoman and Gordon being portrayed by black actors b) The 5 ft. tall Catwoman being able to go toe-to-toe with Batman in combat c) The 'class warfare' themes with heavy focus on social inequality.

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
It looked very much like a British Batman in the way it was filmed and bring honest when I watch a big blockbuster I generally prefer the American look to movies as it adds a lot more colour.
As for the actual movie it was too long, boring in bits, had good action scenes, he probably should of been dead after hitting the bridge/bus after all he's a superhero without super powers it made him look really clumsy.
I'd rate it below Nolan's trilogy as well as below batman and batman returns.
I always hear this and it simply isn't true, especially in the comics and animated movies. He is meant to be at the peak of human conditioning but the attributes that he has are simply not even possible for a human.

He is known to bench press 350kg, military press 270kg, arm curl 160kg, but still able to be as agile as a 70kg gymnast, and is far too fast to be able to lift that much, for comparison the world record bench press is 355kg. He also has olympian level fitness. He speaks 15 languages, mastered 120+ martial arts, has more than 10 university level degrees etc.

There is no way that Batman doesn't have some kind of super powers for all of this to be possible, regardless of how DC present him as not having super powers.

Mercurial

Everyone I know said it was crap but I liked it. Was like an old Noire detective story. He felt more tormented and human in this, more akin to the old comics. Serkis should have had a bigger part in this.

evil_geko

Great film this, I don't even understand why so many people didn't like last 20 mins, kept seeing that in this thread, loved the whole package.

Roane

Not bad but not great. 6/10 for me.

Pete Savage is trevor from EastEnders. Used to batter Moe. :eek:

Jam

Nolan Batman wants to be a symbol of hope, and not just beat up criminals to instil fear = Good

Reeves Batman wants to be a symbol of hope, and not just beat up criminals to instil fear = BAD WOKE DOESN’T UNDERSTAND THE CHARACTER

I didn’t know Shapiro did film reviews, and now I just want to watch more to see just how badly he misrepresents or doesn’t understand then.

Hamnat

One of the weakest parts for me was the Bruce Wayne persona. I just didn't like how he was written. Pattinson was fine as Batman. But, I would have liked to see him play Bruce with more charisma. Didn't have to be a playboy like some of the other portrayals but he was pissing me off how he treated Alfred too.

I'm kind of hoping they don't just jump right into Joker again too for the next one. He has so many other iconic rogues