The Biden Presidency

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
We don't have the full facts yet.

Perhaps the $1,400 cheques will have rainbow flags on them...which would be just as good as getting $2k when you really stop to think about it.
And if instead of mailing them they make people wait in a line to pick them up, they can even make new friends along the way.

I kid but in Portugal the government's answer has been pathetic, so...

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
$2000 will pay for my rent in Florence. Fantastic.

I think it just got credited to my account automatically. Not a physical check.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
How many times has the US gov't given you guys money during the panemic?
I've never received any, too high of an income threshold. Which is fair enough.
I don't need it and didn't want it. It's better to send it those more deserving like english layabouts swanning around Italy like it's some feckin grand tour.;)

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I don't need it and didn't want it. It's better to send it those more deserving like english layabouts swanning around Italy like it's some feckin grand tour.;)
We've been giving people who need it a $2000 payment every month (those are Canadian dollars so don't go thinking it's a lot of money). I think it stopped after September but may have started again. I don't know because I've been fortunate to be able to work this whole time.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
No it doesn't. Biden said "$2000 checks will go out the door immediately" well AFTER the $600 was already distributed. Ossoff said "we can pass $2000 relief checks for the people but we have to win this senate election.". This was also said AFTER.
I don't know about that. I didn't get my $600 until about a week ago, long after the GA senate election.

Exactly.

The whole ''well actually if you read the small print, it really is only $1400'' argument misses the rather larger point that $2000 clearly isn't anywhere near enough in a global pandemic.
Then make that argument and don't get bogged down in the "but I thought Biden meant 2000 on top of the 600" which doesn't advance the larger point and simply sends the discussion into the weeds.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Fancy moaning non-stop about a free $2k.
In Scandinavia I think you get that much for being unemployed in normal times. $2k might be alright in some of the cheaper states but if you live in a bigger city I imagine that 2k won't go far and you'll be back to square one again because the economy has been tanked my the pandemic.

Dr. StrangeHate

Fancy moaning non-stop about a free $2k.
What are people who work in the hospitality sector and have no savings supposed to do. That 2k would not even give them food on the table throughout the pandemic.
The 1400 and 2k debate is taking us away from the fact that neither are enough.

ChaddyP

What are people who work in the hospitality sector and have no savings supposed to do. That 2k would not even give them food on the table throughout the pandemic.
The 1400 and 2k debate is taking us away from the fact that neither are enough.
!!!

This... But yet the discussions for the last 2 weeks have been about semantics

Sweet Square

Then make that argument and don't get bogged down in the "but I thought Biden meant 2000 on top of the 600" which doesn't advance the larger point and simply sends the discussion into the weeds.
I've pretty much always been of the view the US is the only country that can legitimately do the money printer go brrrr meme.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
I've pretty much always been of the view the US is the only country that can legitimately do the money printer go brrrr meme.
Haha so true

I got mine 12/31. The law was passed before that
That's great for you but don't speak like all the checks were out before then. Many people I know also didn't have checks until around the week of the inauguration. So it's not cut-and-dry for declaring that the statements were made "after" checks went out because, clearly, a huge chunk of checks were not out then.

If you want to say $2000 isn't enough then make that argument but posting images of Warnock with no comments does absolutely nothing for anyone except make it look like you care more about trolling Biden than helping people.

I haven't yet got $600 me or the wife :( though I am due $6000 back in taxes so bingo

Eboue

nasty little twerp with crazy bitter-man opinions
I'm typing this with my Glock 19 two feet from me
That's great for you but don't speak like all the checks were out before then. Many people I know also didn't have checks until around the week of the inauguration. So it's not cut-and-dry for declaring that the statements were made "after" checks went out because, clearly, a huge chunk of checks were not out then.
The law was already passed as Biden and Warnock and Ossoff already knew.

Dudu

Looks Like the Kamala Harris/Jim Justice pincer movement worked a treat.
:D

Although he said he still opposes increasing the min. wage to $15. Wonder if that has been taken out a compromise?

Drifter

American
Good move from Kamala. Need them to try and twist arms for the filibuster now.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
You have to laugh at the nerve of the R’s crying about a lack of bipartisanship from the Dems.

Until you remember how dumb the Dems are and how likely they are to go down that rode. Again.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal

It's going to Italians though and they need it badly. My rent is 800 euros a month so I'm struggling to make ends meet.

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
He has started better than I expected, (apparently the climate executive order is good, the yemen announcement today is good), but it would be such a stupid, purely self-inflicted own-goal to further means-test the $1400, now only for people who earned under 50k last year. imo then it counts as a clearly broken promise, if not everyone who got the 600 is getting the 1400 now.

Last edited:

Dudu

15 hour vote-a-rama :lol: and it's finally done.