The Biden Presidency

WI_Red

Redcafes Most Rested
Supports
Atlanta United
Yea that too, I have no illusions about my country.
True.

My first thought when I saw your post was: feck you
My second thought when I saw your post was: feck us
My third thought when I saw your post was this, and it will probably only hit Americans of a certain age (background):

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
True.

My first thought when I saw your post was: feck you
My second thought when I saw your post was: feck us
My third thought when I saw your post was this, and it will probably only hit Americans of a certain age (background):

To be clear, in this kind of context a reference to “America” is very much the assholes running things, not the population.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I did see Texas just passed 60,000 covid deaths, maybe some could replace the missing labour force! ;)

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Travel ban on the U.K. Europe and other counties set to be lifted by the USA. Great news for people with family and friends across the Atlantic.

Sweet Square

timing!

The Chapo bit about how the difference between Democrats and Republicans is not outcome but ton is so depressingly true. Both parties agree immigrates need to be deported, so the difference between the parties is how they express it to the public.

DavidDeSchmikes

The Chapo bit about how the difference between Democrats and Republicans is not outcome but ton is so depressingly true. Both parties agree immigrates need to be deported, so the difference between the parties is how they express it to the public.
The Democrats say it with good manners

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The CDC's power to declare a rent deferment/eviction moratorium during Covid was set aside by the Supreme Court. The ruling is a small but precise lesson about the function of a government in a capitalist economy. According to the court, the moratorium destroys "the most fundamental element of property ownership - the right to exclude" and opens the way for such nightmares as "mandate(d) free delivery of groceries to homes of the vulnerable".
On the other hand, the CDC's power to expel a million people and rob them of their internationally-recognised rights is unquestioned.