The bizarre one sided rivalry of United vs Roma

Eriku

1,4,6,7 The keeper was too far off his line. For 2-0, he was to slow to leave his line, but it might be debatable if he had the chance to react.
Could he have done better? Maybe. Was it horrible horrible goalkeeping? Nah, that’s hyperbole in my book. For example, just saying that he was too far off his line for the first goal is completely disregarding that the way Carrick struck it was surprising and unconventional.

A matter of opinion, or course, but I’ve only really heard people refer to the goals in that game as being brilliant, never heard anyone slate the keeper for that match.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
It's Roma, I don't care. I've made a handy chart to explain what I think in more detail.

ReddBalls

Could he have done better? Maybe. Was it horrible horrible goalkeeping? Nah, that’s hyperbole in my book. For example, just saying that he was too far off his line for the first goal is completely disregarding that the way Carrick struck it was surprising and unconventional.

A matter of opinion, or course, but I’ve only really heard people refer to the goals in that game as being brilliant, never heard anyone slate the keeper for that match.
Great goals, but seriously. How often do you watch a champions league lever goalkeeper linger outside his box in these types of situations?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks

I've slated that performance quite few times. :D

It was a shocking goal keeping performance.

Eriku

Great goals, but seriously. How often do you watch a champions league lever goalkeeper linger outside his box in these types of situations?
Fair enough. We probably only disagree in degrees.

I've slated that performance quite few times. :D

It was a shocking goal keeping performance.
Just stating what my recollection is of the reaction. Maybe it makes sense that United fans would be focused on the stellar performances of their own team.

Nonetheless, shocking just comes across as hyperbolic to me. I think our quality on the night was what got us the goals, not gifts from the goalkeeper.

Last edited:

norm87cro

Don't jinx us with this thread. Back in 2007 before the 7 1 we were very lucky to lose just 1 2 in Rome.

Dan_F

Imagine if there were fans in the ground. Chants of “we want seven”.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Roma are fecking shit. How they blagged their way this far is anyone's guess.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
as a relatively unknown side, they did remarkably well to make it all the way to a semi final. who knows what might happen next week. if they keep making progress they could become a permanent fixture in the italian top flight. we might soon start to think of them in the same breath as genoa and torino.

fergosaurus

Are they so irrelevant they don't have a fan forum? Would love to witness the meltdown after tonight.