The comprehensive Ronaldo thread

Chief123

You’d think they’d be at least one person in his life to tell him he’s just not that good anymore.
They probably know they’ll get abandoned and never spoken to again. It’s easier just telling him he’s the best.

Irwin99

It can be argued that EtH and Santos have been pretty fair and tolerant toward Ronaldo's antics up to a point but there probably just comes a point where you can't take it or accommodate it anymore. Santos must have been livid with the distraction in the build up to this World Cup.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
Ronaldo looks so unhappy celebrating with Pepe

*someone in the CAF

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
(Good luck finding any player with a list of more standout moments and crucial goals that gave United fans successful moments to enjoy than Ronaldo, I’ll keep waiting for you to invalidate my point)
Said in response to someone called @captaincantona ffs

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
(Good luck finding any player with a list of more standout moments and crucial goals that gave United fans successful moments to enjoy than Ronaldo, I’ll keep waiting for you to invalidate my point)

Obviously you have the players that won more with United than Ronaldo and for some scored significantly more. Nobobies like Sir Bobby Charlton, Best, Law, Giggs, Rooney and a few others?

Fluctuation0161

If he plays zero minuted and Portugal in the World Cup I’m sure he would be the happiest man in the world, people who honestly think he wants Portugal to lose have not got a clue
You are blinded by Ronaldo love. He is a self absorbed narcissist who only wants glory for himself. He wants Portugal to win with him playing 90 minutes every game only.

Mmm-Qatarian

Colour me shocked that another side's attack looks markedly better without the Statue of Vanity up front.

beer&grill

If he plays zero minuted and Portugal in the World Cup I’m sure he would be the happiest man in the world, people who honestly think he wants Portugal to lose have not got a clue
How do you know that? I’ve always enjoyed your posts, but it seems you cannot be objective when it comes to Ronaldo. No person with an ego as huge as his would be happy in that context.

cyberman

I want to see Portugal win it now with Ronaldo on bench so I can watch the world burn

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
I want to see Portugal win it now with Ronaldo on bench so I can watch the world burn
It’s still a World Cup winners medal for him and one he won’t be getting if he leads the attack. Going full John Terry is his best option.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Obviously you have the players that won more with United than Ronaldo and for some scored significantly more. Nobobies like Sir Bobby Charlton, Best, Law, Giggs, Rooney and a few others?
Do they all have more standout moments and crucial moments leading to united winning trophies? I’m not old enough to have seen Law Best Charlton but Giggs and Rooney? They have longevity but that’s not the point.

TheReligion

Abusive
A few points…..

firstly you said it’s your opinion and then stated ‘When asked honestly to provide a list of really great Ronny moments people struggled to get past 5 or six’. Well that’s other peoples opinions that you’re bringing in there isn’t it? So then it’s not your subjective opinion is it.

Secondly picking some random moments that didn’t include Ronaldo doesn’t mean that Steve Bruce headers, winning the FA Cup or Wayne Rooney diving for a pen and scoring a tap in were more ‘united moments’ than Ronaldo scoring crucial goals to win us leagues away at City and Wigan, scoring the first and putting on a Masterclass in an FA Cup final win as a teenager, being majestic in CL games such as away in Roma or Porto, or that destroying Arsenal away from home in a CL semi isn’t far more a ‘united moment’ than beating them at home in a league game in October. You mention comebacks but no mention of epic comebacks that Ronaldo led….lads it’s Spurs, Villa, Arsenal. Roy Keane every fecking game? How about Ronaldo every fecking game in 07/08…42 goals, his league goals won us 21 points on there own, won us the league and he scored the only goal in the CL final for us, but of course that doesn’t count because he missed a penalty, funnily enough for you key penalties he scored that won us leagues don’t count either. Individually he won the golden boot, player of the league, our player of the year and is one of only four united players to win the balon dor. In addition to that season, the season before and after he was also crucial in us winning the league three times in a row, but perhaps that time we won three in a row wasn’t memorable for you? Perhaps it was more memorable the three seasons after he left where we won one league title and a league cup and not three league titles, the CL, the world club cup and a league cup?

Thirdly, what case did you feel you’d made quite convincingly then? The case that you don’t remember any Ronaldo ‘united moments’ as highly as some random league wins against Liverpool or City in mediocre seasons for united? Great point well made.

You fell apart with the last bit

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
His acolytes will claim Portugal couldn't have done it without him
This. They already do it with the Euros final. The amount of times I've seen people unironically claim he coached them to the win in the final :lol:

TheReligion

Abusive
[
Do they all have more standout moments and crucial moments leading to united winning trophies? I’m not old enough to have seen Law Best Charlton but Giggs and Rooney? They have longevity but that’s not the point.

oh add Cantona to the list too

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
How do you know that? I’ve always enjoyed your posts, but it seems you cannot be objective when it comes to Ronaldo. No person with an ego as huge as his would be happy in that context.
People saying other wise are creating narratives they want to believe and it’s exhausting.

The man himself said he could score zero goals the whole tournament and he would be the happiest man in the world if Portugal won the WC.

A lot of the crap said on here during the tournament is created narratives skewed by hate because of how he left United.

If he starts or not I could care less as long as we win the WC. I don’t think he cares who scores the winner as long as they win, he has done more for Portugal then anymore ever and the reason they are where they are today has a lot to do with him. He has carried the country for years, now in his later years where he is not the same it’s ok that they help him now. Would be a deserved win for his legacy and for Portugal.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Is your point that Cantona was more successful and had more standout moments than Ronaldo?
Well, yeah.

You said name someone with more standout moments for United. There's quite a few people outside of your Ronaldo bubble that fit that list.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Rooney was great and instrumental in the very same competitions that we won with Ronaldo. Rooney alone put your silly point to rest and he hasn't been the most instrumental of the lot.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
Dear lord the mental gymnastics to put Ronaldo on a pedestal above everyone else is ridiculous

bludsucker

His acolytes will claim Portugal couldn't have done it without him
If they reach the finals and he is still on bench then i can see him standing on the touchline and acting like the manager giving out tactical instructions. Just like he did it in the euros.

fishfingers15

Contributes to username and tagline changes
People saying other wise are creating narratives they want to believe and it’s exhausting.

The man himself said he could score zero goals the whole tournament and he would be the happiest man in the world if Portugal won the WC.

A lot of the crap said on here during the tournament is created narratives skewed by hate because of how he left United.

If he starts or not I could care less as long as we win the WC. I don’t think he cares who scores the winner as long as they win, he has done more for Portugal then anymore ever and the reason they are where they are today has a lot to do with him. He has carried the country for years, now in his later years where he is not the same it’s ok that they help him now. Would be a deserved win for his legacy and for Portugal.
I've always liked Portugal in tournaments. In this tournament, I'm actively rooting for them to lose even though they have Bruno Fernandes and Diogo Dalot. It is what it is, you should move on instead of getting exhausted by the Ronaldo narrative. To many of us, he's a massive douchebag who shat on the club. feck him.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
I wonder how
I wonder why
Yesterday I was there and helped Portugal
But all that I can see is just a G. Ramos goal
I jumped real high
I kicked real hard
I siu siu siu siu siu'd everytime

Crackers

greasy ginfers
I wonder how
I wonder why
Yesterday I was there and helped Portugal
I jumped real high
I kicked real hard
I siu siu siu siu siu'd everytime
Rhyming scheme isn't great.
4/10

Fluctuation0161

He cares more about his legacy than Portugal.