The comprehensive Ronaldo thread

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Talk about melodramatic. The vast majority of the members here feel the same way, I'm sure there are a lot of CR7 fan forums you'd fall in love with if someone claiming they want the worse possible outcome for Ronaldo hurts your feelings that much.
I probably dislike his childish actions as much as you do and I’m satisfied he has left us but there is where my negative emotions stops. Maybe it doesn’t matter for you but as a father and grandfather I feel sorry for his kids and family and I think that’s one good reason to keep this forum more civilized. We can do so much better and I prefer to be happy to see Bruno and Diogo doing so well.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Is he doing his silly coaching from the sidelines right now to make sure the cameras are on him or he's staying still? On my way home to watch the game, but kudos to Portugal for finally doing the right thing and benching him in favor of a better starting line-up, their chances just increased exponentially in my eyes, I just hope it's not a one-game punishment and it's the way it's going to be throughout the rest of the competition.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Rooney was great and instrumental in the very same competitions that we won with Ronaldo. Rooney alone put your silly point to rest and he hasn't been the most instrumental of the lot.
Ince, Keane, Giggs, Kanchelskis we’re instrumental in the same competitions as Cantona, but it was Cantona that won us the points and ultimately the trophies in the same way Ronaldo won us games weeks in weeks out when we were struggling. Rooney puts nothing to bed. To suggest Rooney was as influential as Ronaldo from 06-09 is as silly as saying Cantona didn’t have a greater influence than others in the 94 team. Stupid.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
What are you saying then? No one has given more? Again if so that’s subjective
The poster I replied to said that Ronaldo didn’t have many stand out moments for United. I citited examples in response and said good luck finding someone with more.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Haha Ronaldo is shite now.

There. Thread back on track.

TheReligion

Abusive
The poster I replied to said that Ronaldo didn’t have many stand out moments for United. I citited examples in response and said good luck finding someone with more.
Silly to say he didn’t have many stand out moments. He did.

That said there’s plenty of players who have done arguably more many of which have already been mentioned.

RE Rooney he’s the clubs record scorer and undoubtedly gave the club more moments than Ronaldo.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Well, yeah.

You said name someone with more standout moments for United. There's quite a few people outside of your Ronaldo bubble that fit that list.
He wasn’t though ? We won more with Ronaldo than Eric. Ronaldo had a 42 goal season in which we won the league and CL, where he scored goals that earned us 21 points alone, he won four United Player of the years, three premier league player of the years, the balon dor. We won the league three times in a row for only the second time in our history, the CL for only the third time, the world club cup , two league cups and an FA Cup in which Ronaldo was outstanding and scored the opener in the final. He was as talismanic as Cantona and more successful. He was a far better player in addition.

Chief123

Ronaldo is gonna be fuming! Defo rules him out of starting next game! :lol:

RVN1991

Portugal look so much better without having to carry Ronaldo.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Silly to say he didn’t have many stand out moments. He did.

That said there’s plenty of players who have done arguably more many of which have already been mentioned.

RE Rooney he’s the clubs record scorer and undoubtedly gave the club more moments than Ronaldo.
Not of the same importance though. He was here longer and a great player but we often fell short when he was ‘the man’ in ways where Cantona and Ronaldo, also RVP got us over the line

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Ince, Keane, Giggs, Kanchelskis we’re instrumental in the same competitions as Cantona, but it was Cantona that won us the points and ultimately the trophies in the same way Ronaldo won us games weeks in weeks out when we were struggling. Rooney puts nothing to bed. To suggest Rooney was as influential as Ronaldo from 06-09 is as silly as saying Cantona didn’t have a greater influence than others in the 94 team. Stupid.
So you are genuinely suggesting that Rooney gave less for United during his career than Ronaldo? You think that a player that scored nearly twice as much goals for United, reached more CL finals and won more PL for United has given less?

Josh 76

You can just see it. Ronaldo to come on, score a penalty to make it 5-0. Take his top off and celebrate like he’s scored a last minute winner in the World Cup Final.

cyberman

It’s still a World Cup winners medal for him and one he won’t be getting if he leads the attack. Going full John Terry is his best option.
It kills so many arguments though, it’ll get as petty as we said he had to win a World Cup but no, not that way..
It’ll be glorious. Add in being brought on at 3-0 in the final and he scored an 88th minute penalty for good measure. All the while Messi wins player of the tournament..

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
So you are genuinely suggesting that Rooney gave less for United during his career than Ronaldo? You think that a player that scored nearly twice as much goals for United, reached more CL finals and won more PL for United has given less?
‘Gave less’ not sure what you’re on about. You’re taking this down your own agenda here. I’ll just leave it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
‘Gave less’ not sure what you’re on about. You’re taking this down your own agenda here. I’ll just leave it.
What agenda are you talking about?

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
Goddam, this Portugal performance has got me hyped for the second half of the season. We all knew it last year when he was still scoring, though.

JustAGuest

Ronaldo fans will be working overtime to explain how he's in fact fine with seeing how his exclusion has led to by far their best performance yet.

GMoore23

His signing caused Ole's downfall though I think we have a top man now in ten Hag.
He's so far past it and should just retire.

Arruda

Love is in the air, everywhere I look around
Supports
Porto
Once again, says who ? You guys?

Just weird man, Jesus.
Says the entire world except [most] Sporting fans.

He also doesn't give a shit about Sporting, but I expect this is too much for your lot to handle. The only way you'd realize this is if he actually went to play a few last seasons for your club. But since he won't do that, I expect you guys to stick to him forever.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I've seen people liking certain players but you take it to another level.
How ? By saying you lot keep making weird narratives that are only being said by you guys ?

Red Stone

So good that he can drag Portugal through while on the bench. Truly the GOAT.

Yep

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
You really should keep track of what are you saying.
Have a said somewhere that Rooney ‘gave less’ to United over his career ? Lots of players ‘gave their all’ for United and more than the likes of Ronaldo and Cantona. But that isn’t the point in question.

Kazi

If it’s any consolation, I know Qatar spent good money on some comfy benches