berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
The go-to expert on authoritarianism

And the self-styled defenders of free speech and dangerous ideas

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
George Galloway criticised for ‘blatant homophobia’

George Galloway has faced criticism for “blatant homophobia” after saying he doesn’t think that gay relationships are equal to heterosexual relationships. The Rochdale MP said in an interview that he didn’t think gay relationships were ‘as normal as a mum, a dad and kids’.

“Now there’s lots of things not normal, doesn’t mean you have to hate something that isn’t normal. But if my children are taught that there’s – whatever the current vogue number is – 76 or 97 or whatever the number of purported genders that exist, I don’t want my children taught that.”
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/...e-chris-bryant-britain-momentum-b2538454.html

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Richard Hanania was exposed as a Nazi, did a massive public apology, got some mainstream blessing. Let's check in on this reformed man.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Former Facebook DEI head gets 5 years in prison for fraud

A former head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives at Facebook and Nike was sentenced to five years in prison this week for a brazen fraud scheme she ran while working at the companies.

Barbara Furlow-Smiles pleaded guilty in December to stealing more than $5 million from the two massive companies, though the vast majority was taken during her time working for Facebook from 2017 to 2021. She used the stolen cash to fund a “luxury lifestyle,” prosecutors said.
https://www.latimes.com/california/...ook-dei-head-gets-5-years-in-prison-for-fraud

Cloud7

She's not wrong though, is she? Same with Vivek over in America. Speaking as someone of Indian descent myself, they are absolutely embarrassing. They debase themselves to appeal to the racist, far right crowd who deep down don't actually like them, but are delighted that there are colored people who share their views so they can pretend they aren't racist. The same people that sunak and braverman try to appeal to would likely dislike them if they weren't politicians on their side.

The video where that person told vivek that even though she agreed with his views, she would not vote for him because he is indian, sums it up really. At the same time, I am glad that it was said because they deserve to be reminded of how much they have degraded themselves. These types are tolerated for their utility and nothing more. They're akin to clowns, performing for the amusement of the right wing crowd. How they are able to look at themselves in the mirror (Yes I know, the money, but even then) is beyond me.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
A Show That Makes Young Japanese Pine for the ‘Inappropriate’ 1980s

A surprise television hit, now on Netflix, has people talking about what Japan has lost with today’s changed sensibilities.

“Everyone is just playing a game to see who can be the least offensive person that ever walked the earth,” Ms. Shoji said. “Everyone just exchanges platitudes and inanities because they are afraid to say anything. Surely that cannot be good for a workplace.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2024/05/29/world/asia/japan-extremely-inappropriate.html

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons