I have only one young player (areola).

You have 2 GK.

Please use Ter Stegen to make comparable the teams

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
Interesting draw. Mazhar has a difficult team to read. When is a good time next week mate? @mazhar13
Tuppet has an easy team to read: 14 players including 2 GK.

Good luck on guessing my starting 11 with my 20 players :lol:

Last edited:

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
@harms Monday or Tuesday?
My recommendation: Monday late in the evening (your local time) = Tuesday (Russian time).

So let's say: Tuesday 1am Russian Time = Monday (your local time GMT/BST, so late in the evening). A good compromise TBH.

But please make the necessary to let us know if you are BST or GMT.

Given the quality of the 2 teams, maybe you should consider the 'Zulu' Military time, which would complicate the game IMHO.

Joga Bonito

The Art of Football
Spencer

Savicevic Sivori Julinho

Lerby Netto

Irwin Godin Pereira Armfield

Mazurkiewicz

Subs: Dunga, Causio, Zebec, Ribery, Raul, Francescoli, Hanappi, Picchi, Bremner

Ball Boy : Schtevie 'starfish' G

Rather surprised that Irwin didn't get picked up - versatile enough to play on either flank, esp considering the FB craze that was going on.

EDIT : Replace Sivori with Albert whom I forgot

Last edited:

Tuppet

As for bargains, not to beat my own drum or anything, I find it amazing how underrated Sir Stan is. The fact that I got him uncontested was something I did not account for, I just nominated him and was sure he'll go for higher price, It even threw off my budget and restricted me to have only 14 players.

Seeing at the older drafts, he is not even picked in some of the all time drafts, that is amazing, when as a winger only Best and Garrincha are close to him. I get that he works in a very fixed position, still he is an all time great. Any other draft junkies care to shed a light on this ?

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
Amazed that Sivori and Albert didnt get picked.....

Tuppet

Not just Stan. Florian Albert, Jimmy Greaves, Johnstone are others in a similar boat.
Not really, I mean for Albert and Greaves the competition in the pools is really high as even many unpicked XI does not have them. There are still likes of Sindelaar, V. Mazzola, Dean, Errico, Bican etc who could be chosen above them.

Sir Stan though has much higher credentials than them from all the sources, first Ballon D'or (over Di stefano none other), first FWA Footballer of the year, first Knight while still playing, Chosen 11th greatest player of the century by IFFHS. Its not just this draft, I dont think I saw him any other draft than the British one.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
If CTP had took kubala.. Albert, Johnstone/Ribery, Irwin were my three planned picks.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Rather surprised that Irwin didn't get picked up - versatile enough to play on either flank, esp considering the FB craze that was going on.
For context, these were the FBs (or players who more or less fit that bill) people went for (auction, not snake):

Amoros
Andrade (Jr.)
Bellerin
Bezsonov
Bossis
Briegel
Cabrini
Carvajal
Cole
Demyanenko
Evra
Gerets
Gordillo
Junior
Kaltz
Lizarazu
Maicon
Marcelo
Marzolini
McGrain
Reuter
Sagnol
Sorin
Zambrotta

So, yes, I'd say he could have plausibly made the cut. He's among those lads you can only realistically field in a fairly straight-arse four, though - and many went for wingback types, or at least players who can play that role.