Gaming 1836 - The Europa Universalis 4 Experiment (Hands-off) - Map & stats in second post - Final Map and Stats update - Timelapse video

nimic

something nice
Scout
@BD you thick cnut we could have explored the new world together, but you picked the belligerent inbred Spanish hick instead
You three actually do have the highest chances by far to start exploration, since it's a modifier for countries with capitals in Iberia. If anyone picks it for their third idea (everyone is on their second now), it will be you guys.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
You three actually do have the highest chances by far to start exploration, since it's a modifier for countries with capitals in Iberia. If anyone picks it for their third idea (everyone is on their second now), it will be you guys.
I better survive long enough to get that sweet Mexican gold.
How far west have I made it?

Wing Attack Plan R

It might be kind of cool to see an alternate timeline version of history, where for example Qahirah discovers the new world and hauls off all their gold and slaves enters into a beautiful friendship with the locals.

I’d be willing to do that, for the love of the game.

Last edited:

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
What is the max number for Administrative, Diplomatic and Military tech level?
About 30, but some of the levels give substantial bonuses. A 1-2 tech level advantage can be big.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
So; i have Italian brothers in the west, Hobbers in the south and Tiber in the east. And all are in alliance.

Yeah, Austria is fecked.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
@Walrus , lets divide Hobbers land. :keano:
I need to get my tech up, but after that I’m hopeful that me and the Timurids can purge him.

I have some really strong military national ideas that will come into play later on, just need to stay competitive, especially with the current tech disadvantage!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Final question, are the numbers underneath the rulers name there own personal stats?
Yeah, they go from 1-6 and are largely purely random. Getting a fairly young ruler with 5-6 in each stat is a massive boost as those stats are the points you use to buy basically everything in the game.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Yeah, they go from 1-6 and are largely purely random. Getting a fairly young ruler with 5-6 in each stat is a massive boost as those stats are the points you use to buy basically everything in the game.
Ah cool, just noticed my king has changed to a Laura so guessing I'm a woman that is great at war, but can't participate. Also, absolutely crap at everything else :lol:

@nimic please don't tell me my Kong died fighting @Andycoleno9 battles

Grib

I was hoping to have a go at Switzerland after no one chose it but really have to take some of those smaller states to the east first realistically. From what I can tell all the bullying of @Dan brought me nada.

RIP @Grib. We'll teach about you in our schools for centuries.
At least the demise of our nation may not be in vain, people must learn from the mistakes of the past...yes, never trust a walrus...

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
At least the demise of our nation may not be in vain, people must learn from the mistakes of the past...yes, never trust a walrus...
Hey, I helped you out in at least one of your wars, you filthy heathen. Not my fault that you decided to offer hobbers a white peace while I had the entire Turkish side of his country occupied!

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
I just wanted to bring Dan into the fold as I attempt to create Prussia.
I was curious whether @nimic disabled the ability to form new nations from custom ones (if thats a thing?) could we see some tag changes or will we stay as our caf' tags forever?
Forming nations could be really powerful to gain access to the new mission trees etc.

nimic

something nice
Scout
I was curious whether @nimic disabled the ability to form new nations from custom ones (if thats a thing?) could we see some tag changes or will we stay as our caf' tags forever?
Forming nations could be really powerful to gain access to the new mission trees etc.
I've jumped into some of your nations (to get good screenshots), and possible formables have been in the list. I think KirkDuyt is like 1 province away from forming the Netherlands. I wasn't sure if the AI actually formed nations, but some googling tells me they do. Maybe not from custom nations though?

Phil Jones Face

I've jumped into some of your nations (to get good screenshots), and possible formables have been in the list. I think KirkDuyt is like 1 province away from forming the Netherlands. I wasn't sure if the AI actually formed nations, but some googling tells me they do. Maybe not from custom nations though?
It's possible to form nations from customs as a player, so I guess AI would be able to also.

In which case.. Dr Dwayne is in a very good spot (as is Hobbers. But we already knew that :wenger:).

edit: ah wait, hobbers would have to culture shift?