The F1 2004 Season thread.

Keane16

Redcafe Minister for Guinness Therapy
An Extremely Boring Man said:
My mate's been sacked from Jordan :(

Timo Glock taking over for the rest of the season
You only come in here to brag about your connections.

Timo Glock will be better than your mate anyway....Any truth that EJ is packing it in?

An Extremely Boring Man

Retired 39,9999 not out
Keane16 said:
You only come in here to brag about your connections.

Timo Glock will be better than your mate anyway....Any truth that EJ is packing it in?
Very possible, unless he doesn't get any partners onboard

Problem is, the potential partners/buyers know this, so EJ haven't got much to bargain with

Keane16

Hopefully he keeps his gob shut and actually drives the car instead of moaning trying to prove to everyone that he's a maverick. If he has grown up, then I think he'll go very well for Sauber.

He's no Schumacher though, not by a long shot.

pjaya

Looks like F1 is fecked now,

Ford is pulling out of it for good and jag is up for sales.....

meanwhile jordan and minardi do not have any alternative engine next year...

oh well....on with the breakaway race I'll say....

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Keane16 said:
We don't need Hakkinen.

We need Irvine back.
Hakkinen is a better driver than Irvine.

And not so much of an idiot.

MelvinYeo

Keane16 said:
You're mad.

Irvine should be running the show. They should give him Bernie's job and he'd sort out the whole mess.
I can't rmeember what Irvine has done in F1 except shagging women and having boats.

Keane16

and nearly winning the world championship. He is too rich and fat now to come back as a driver, but he is smart and would change a lot of things in F1 back to the way they used to be as far as things go like fuel, qualifying, tyres etc....its a bit crap for fans at the moment - Bernie's billions blind him to that fact. Eddie only has millions so he can still see how shit it is.

MelvinYeo

Keane16 said:
and nearly winning the world championship. He is too rich and fat now to come back as a driver, but he is smart and would change a lot of things in F1 back to the way they used to be as far as things go like fuel, qualifying, tyres etc....its a bit crap for fans at the moment - Bernie's billions blind him to that fact. Eddie only has millions so he can still see how shit it is.
Bring back wingless cars, slicks, get rid of the tecnology and pitstops.

Proper racing is back again.

Keane16

Apparantly the new track in China is a bit of a cracker. So much so that Mick says its the best racing circuit he's ever seen. Even Villeneuve is showering it with praise.

Anyone seen any footage of the practice yet?

Manchesters Finest

A pint of Boddies!
Northern Monkey from t'other side o' Pennines
On F1 ITV

Michael Schumacher avoided seeing red when he met his Chinese hosts for the first time on Wednesday.
The seven-time world champion’s diplomatic skills were tested to the limit at a press conference to announce the sport’s arrival in China.
The conference descended into farce almost immediately when a local journalist asked Schumacher: “Why do you always race in red? Is it your lucky colour?”
Schumacher patiently explained that Ferrari had historically always raced in red, before tactfully adding that he hoped the colour, which is considered lucky in China, would benefit him this weekend.
Having safely negotiated that obstacle, Schumacher was probably hoping to encounter a more intelligent line of questioning. He was to be quickly disappointed.
The very next journalist to put his hand up asked Schumacher whether it was possible for him to win the world title this weekend.
Somehow managing to keep a straight face, Schumacher informed the questioner that he had in fact won the championship four weeks ago in Belgium.
Schumacher was also asked what he thought of the demise of “his former team, Jaguar”. The German carefully explained that he had never driven for the Ford-owned outfit.

Keane16

:lol: :lol:
Manchesters Finest said:
On F1 ITV

Michael Schumacher avoided seeing red when he met his Chinese hosts for the first time on Wednesday.
The seven-time world champion’s diplomatic skills were tested to the limit at a press conference to announce the sport’s arrival in China.
The conference descended into farce almost immediately when a local journalist asked Schumacher: “Why do you always race in red? Is it your lucky colour?”
Schumacher patiently explained that Ferrari had historically always raced in red, before tactfully adding that he hoped the colour, which is considered lucky in China, would benefit him this weekend.
Having safely negotiated that obstacle, Schumacher was probably hoping to encounter a more intelligent line of questioning. He was to be quickly disappointed.
The very next journalist to put his hand up asked Schumacher whether it was possible for him to win the world title this weekend.
Somehow managing to keep a straight face, Schumacher informed the questioner that he had in fact won the championship four weeks ago in Belgium.
Schumacher was also asked what he thought of the demise of “his former team, Jaguar”. The German carefully explained that he had never driven for the Ford-owned outfit.
I didn't know Melvyn was a journalist :lol:

MelvinYeo

Manchesters Finest said:
On F1 ITV

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was not there at all, honest!

Keane16

Rubens gets pole - because he's the best driver in the world ever!*

*He's a prat who thinks the charity victories given to him by others are actually worth something.

MelvinYeo

Easy win for Woobens M$ had hell with his car :lol: he was dire and spun like waht 5 times.

Good to see him struggling

:D

Reflectorboy

Future friend of the first team
shite am i hearing people wanting the world champion to spin and lose races....bunch of cnuts..micheal had a nightmare but his pace in the middle of the race was unbelievable...rubens deserve it..as long as a ferrari driver is winning races i;m bloody happy

MelvinYeo

Reflectorboy said:
shite am i hearing people wanting the world champion to spin and lose races....bunch of cnuts..micheal had a nightmare but his pace in the middle of the race was unbelievable...rubens deserve it..as long as a ferrari driver is winning races i;m bloody happy
Tehre's no doubt he;s a great driver but the fact he had already won the champiuonship and hes spinning out and by doing so its actually improving the quality of the races, i don't mind

Keane16

anyone still arsed?

You should be, Japan is a cracking circuit.

Button and Sato to fly, Villeneuve to put it up to Alonso and Mick to win or let Rubens win. Raikkonen a dark horse, coulthard an idiot.

MelvinYeo

Qualifying put off til tomorrow due to a typhoon btw.
Sato to get a maiden win I reckon now that he''s in a car which can challenge, it's his home circuit and Hondas home circuit, Ferrari might struggle now that theyre focusing on next year

MelvinYeo

Right Schumacher front row for Japan, and race in a couple hours time

MelvinYeo

Crap race, boring as shit.

Wished the clouds building up before the race would rain down, at least we could have seen some real racing then

Keane16

I actually think there was a decent bit of racing early on, but the TV direction was the worst I can remember so no one saw it, Sato got past Button - we never saw it. Montoya, Villeneuve, Barrichello and Raikkonen were having a good scrap until he cut to a shot of Sato circulating alone, Barrichello and Coulthard had a coming together at the chicane which we never saw at all, probably because we were watching Olivier Panis pit from 14th. I'm not saying its easy to direct TV coverage of an F1 race, but when two cars are battling wheel to wheel, why cut to a shot of a guy at the tail of the field in the pits? That's not difficult.

MelvinYeo

Yep, the Japanese tv director was focusing on Sato 1/2 the time and Schumacher 1/4 of the time

Keane16

Drivers need to change their helmet designs. Sato and Button are too hard to tell apart from distance, so are Schumacher and Barrichello, Villeneuve and Alonso.

God forbid one of them might have a luminous green or something different.

Boring twats.

MelvinYeo

Keane16 said:
Drivers need to change their helmet designs. Sato and Button are too hard to tell apart from distance, so are Schumacher and Barrichello, Villeneuve and Alonso.

God forbid one of them might have a luminous green or something different.

Boring twats.
Good point.

The numbering on the cars are getting smaller and lesser space as well, whcih makes it even harder.

And also they have some sticker on the car camera to diffrentiate the number one and two driver

pjaya

MelvinYeo said:
Yep, the Japanese tv director was focusing on Sato 1/2 the time and Schumacher 1/4 of the time
you can't blame them tho'. it's their driver.

same applied to other circuit.

Keane16

pjaya said:
you can't blame them tho'. it's their driver.

same applied to other circuit.
Well that's OK then.

F1 goes down the swanny because it's boring, but you don't want to blame those who show pitstops at the back of the field instead of wheel to wheel battles.

It only applies to certain countires anyway. The Brit don't constantly show Button, the Germans don't constantly show Mick, nor the French Panis, the Italians Fisi etc...I've heard that they try to use the same crew and director etc whenever possible, that probably means European races only, which would explain it.

Where is it written that all pitstops must be shown, even if the guy is right at the back of the field? It's balls.

MelvinYeo

BAR win Button contract dispute

BAR have won their fight with Williams for Jenson Button to drive for them next season.

A contractual dispute about the driver's future was decided in BAR's favour following a ruling by Formula One's Contract Recognition Board (CRB).

Button had signed for Williams citing a loophole in his 2005 BAR contract as a way to return to the team.

He said: "Naturally I am disappointed but as a matter of principle I firmly believe in standing by the decision."

But the 24-year-old vowed to return to Williams in the future.

"BAR have been extremely professional at the race track during this process, and I expect this to continue," he said.

"I look forward to joining the Williams team in the future."

Williams chief Frank Williams also said he would accept the decision, but suggested he will attempt to sign Button for 2006.

In spite of the CRB's conclusion, which relates to 2005, we will maintain our close relationship with Jenson for 2006

"Naturally we are disappointed with the CRB's conclusion," Williams said.

"We took the view that Jenson was a driver worth challenging for, and based on strong legal advice we have no regrets about making a bid for his services.

"The CRB accepted a significant number of the BMW WilliamsF1 Team's arguments, but nevertheless found against us.

"We do not believe any further legal action in relation to this matter to be in the broader interests of the sport.

"In spite of the CRB's conclusion, which relates to 2005, we will maintain our close relationship with Jenson for 2006."

Legal presentations from both teams were heard in Milan on Saturday before the verdict was delivered.

Williams announced the decision from Interlagos where they are preparing for the Brazilian Grand Prix.

The dispute began in August when Williams claimed they had a prior option on Button.

They believed they were able to exercise the option because Honda's commitment to supply engines to BAR was not definitive in a new contract drawn up this summer.

BAR boss David Richards, who always insisted he was the only man to have a genuine contract with Button, was overjoyed at the he CRB's decision.

"I'm delighted to confirm that we just received the official notification that the CRB have ruled in our favour," he said.

Button has inspired BAR to second spot in the Constructors' Championship behind Ferrari while he himself lies in third place in the drivers' standings.

The 24-year-old Somerset-born driver has started to realise his potential this season with some impressive displays.

Brazilian Antonio Pizzonia is now likely to step in at Williams after impressing as a recent stand-in for Ralf Schumacher.

Keane16

lesson: don't listen to or trust your 'management'.

He's better off in BAR next year anyway and can join Williams in 2006.

I can't see Williams being happy with Pizzonia in the car for the full year. Their gonna swoop for someone I reckon.

Jeffchin

Last Man Standing finalist 2022/23
So, how do you guys summarise this season in general? And what do you expect from next season?

Poll : Should K16 and Melv become an F1 racer? If yes, who's the better driver? :D