The F1 Thread 2008 Season

CrazyBelgian

Yeah Hamilton looked smooth.

Ferrari maybe fast but if your car breaks down every 20 laps, it doesn't really matter. The Italians have taken over in all departments and the car is getting more shit every season.

Kelvin

Barrichello got disqualfied so Kimi pick up a point.

mehro

Ass face
What a race.

Massa isn't good enough to be at Ferrari. I just knew it. Can't race without traction control, first corner, foot full on the throttle and there he went straight into the wall.

Bad day to be a Ferrari fan. :(
I'd say Kimi's the one that's really going to suffer from loss of traction control. In all this time he still hasn't learned when to stop pushing his car.

Rooney1987

I'd say Kimi's the one that's really going to suffer from loss of traction control. In all this time he still hasn't learned when to stop pushing his car.
I have to agree with that he made 2 big mistakes today he was lucky not to be out the race then. I think he might lose a few points at the beginning of the season to get used to traction control. That’s why I think every point he gets at the beginning of the season like today is crucial.

B Cantona

Desperate
Tell you what, we've been cheated in recent years with this driver aids nonsense, who knew what a difference this would make striping them away. Half of them can't even drive the car straight! Cracking entertainment, perhaps even the precessional grand prixs of Hungary and Barca will be exciting this year now

vanthaman

Winner
did anyone hear coulthard, that was hilarious

"im gonna kick 3 shits out of the wee bastard"

RedNome

Cnut Rating: 9 (Conservative)
Tell you what, we've been cheated in recent years with this driver aids nonsense, who knew what a difference this would make striping them away. Half of them can't even drive the car straight! Cracking entertainment, perhaps even the precessional grand prixs of Hungary and Barca will be exciting this year now
I've been saying it for years, they have sanitised the sport by making it safer and easier for the drivers to get round the track in one piece. This is the best move they have made in years and will make things far more interesting for us as spectators, all they need to do now is bring back proper slicks and we are getting our great sport back to something like how it was in it's hey day.

CrazyBelgian

I have to agree with that he made 2 big mistakes today he was lucky not to be out the race then. I think he might lose a few points at the beginning of the season to get used to traction control. That’s why I think every point he gets at the beginning of the season like today is crucial.
Meh, those 2 mistakes weren't a consequence of lack of traction controle? Just braked much too late on the first one and hit the grass on the other one. Those things happened last year too. Kimi just pushed too hard.

Massa on the other hand didn't control his throttle in the first corner and went straight off, which is typical for a non- traction controlled car.

I've been saying it for years, they have sanitised the sport by making it safer and easier for the drivers to get round the track in one piece. This is the best move they have made in years and will make things far more interesting for us as spectators, all they need to do now is bring back proper slicks and we are getting our great sport back to something like how it was in it's hey day.
I agree completely.

Interesting stat:

1978 - Nelson Piquet Sr. in his first GP:
Qualifies 21st and retires from the race on lap 31.

2008 - Nelson Piquet Jr. in his first GP:
Qualifies 21st and retires from the race on lap 31

How about that for a coincidence?

Addict

I agree completely.

Interesting stat:

:eek:

RedNome

Interesting stat:

Wow, interesting stat.

AhmedDimwitson

The Expert
Meh, those 2 mistakes weren't a consequence of lack of traction controle? Just braked much too late on the first one and hit the grass on the other one. Those things happened last year too. Kimi just pushed too hard.

?
Nice to see a person who actually understands what he is watching.

Addict

Didn't notice the date :lol:

Massa was avoiding the car infront.. can't remember who it was though.

CrazyBelgian

Nah, was actually serious, you were spot on.
Thanks :D I write for a Belgian Formula 1 website, so that might explain it.

@ Addict :lol:

Massa in the first corner? He turned to hard and hit the throttle, hence spinning the tyres and going out. I just knew he would crash his car in the first race.

RedNome

Didn't notice the date :lol:

Massa was avoiding the car infront.. can't remember who it was though.
Have you actually got a point?

Can't believe you actually searched for that quote as it is, you must have gone back some distance to find that one.

Even more irrelevant, that in referance to what he was saying in this thread, he was spot on, which just makes you look even sillier really.

No win situation for you lad.

Addict

Have you actually got a point?

Can't believe you actually searched for that quote as it is, you must have gone back some distance to find that one.

Even more irrelevant, that in referance to what he was saying in this thread, he was spot on, which just makes you look even sillier really.

No win situation for you lad.
I just viewed his profile and searched his threads and it was on the first page. Hardly going back some distance.

RedNome

I just viewed his profile and searched his threads and it was on the first page. Hardly going back some distance.
Why do it in the first place?

You look like a tit now.

AhmedDimwitson

The Expert
:lol:

Heskey>>>>>Drogba
as I said, the thread might have had a purpose back then..probably related to another thread or something. Difficult to say, it is afterall three years ago. Do some more digging and you might find other interesting quotes as well I assume - had some interesting discussions with Davo back in the days..think it was 2002 or 2003.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
You can blame the traction control or stuff a fair bit but I've just watched the race and how many random mistakes were there, from both teams and drivers...

Great viewing like.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
That cnut Kimi better finish amongst the points. He's on my fantasy team for this race.

I was on the road yesterday and missed qualifying, can someone who saw it tell me if the Force India car looked better or worse than Torro Rosso?
on which site ?

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Oh and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to survive with the whole Hamilton and media thing. He's class but hope they don't go too far.

Shame about Alonso being in a shite car hope they can improve, the BMW's look good and what a fecking start by Raikkonen. I agree with what Mehro says about him trying too much all the time. I remember him a year or two ago, race in the bag, he black spotted his tyre and it meant his tyre came off and lost the race. I rate him though as the quickest in F1.

Have to say though Hamilton now looks like the best all round driver - consistency is the key nowadays.

CrazyBelgian

Hamilton looked great indeed and only his second season, man that guy will get some records.

Next weekend the next grand prix already.

Knowing Ferrari will have to drive the same cars they used this weekend, they will have 1 DNF surely and go on with an even bigger deficit.

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
I reckon if the Ferrari's are leading the race, more so Raikkonen, then they will dominate the race without such problems. It looks like they certainly have the better pace. Massa is good but I don't rate him in the top bracket of drivers so I reckon Hamilton would have him though.

The sport was the winner today, lots of great action. I don't really expect so much though throughout the race as its the first of the season and the drivers will start to get used to it a little better.

Looks good though, especially liking the fact that the rest of the field aren't a mile behind the top 2 as we have seen in previous years. Part of me wishes Alonso was in a BMW today though.

Addict

Renault was the only team that Alonso could have joined really.

Ferrari had confirmed their drivers for 2008 and I think they have confirmed them for 2009 aswell.

BMW wanted to keep Heidfeld and Kubica so Renault was his best option.

mehro

Ass face
Hamilton looked great indeed and only his second season, man that guy will get some records.

Next weekend the next grand prix already.

Knowing Ferrari will have to drive the same cars they used this weekend, they will have 1 DNF surely and go on with an even bigger deficit.
The top 3 drivers yesterday looked like they were on a different track. While everyone else had all sorts of problems these 3 had exceptionally smooth races.

Too bad McClaren fecked up on Kova's 2nd pitstop or he would have finished on the podium.

CrazyBelgian

The top 3 drivers yesterday looked like they were on a different track. While everyone else had all sorts of problems these 3 had exceptionally smooth races.

Too bad McClaren fecked up on Kova's 2nd pitstop or he would have finished on the podium.
Yeah Kova had some bad luck with the safety car too. And he switched on the speed limiter while celebrating his passing move on Alonso :lol:. He said afterwards it was because he wanted to throw a tear off away but I saw a video on youtube this afternoon where he is celebrating and accidently hits the limiter :lol: . But the video has been removed due to copyright shit.

I like that Rosberg fella too. I'd take a bet on him joining Mclaren in one of the next seasons though. :(

ZIDANE

Supports
The Philosophy.
Yeah Kova had some bad luck with the safety car too. And he switched on the speed limiter while celebrating his passing move on Alonso :lol:. He said afterwards it was because he wanted to throw a tear off away but I saw a video on youtube this afternoon where he is celebrating and accidently hits the limiter :lol: . But the video has been removed due to copyright shit.

I like that Rosberg fella too. I'd take a bet on him joining Mclaren in one of the next seasons though. :(
So that's what it was :lol:

Addict

Toro Rosso looked way better than last year but they're practically in the same car. It must be because they have two quality drivers where as last year they had two awful drivers. Vettel will be at a top team in a few seasons.