The F1 Thread 2011 Season

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'll be pissed off in epic levels if Virgin don't get that channel. Especially as we can't get Sky at our house.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
The BBC has announced it's plans for the 2012 season,

15 April: China
13 May: Spain
27 May: Monaco
24 June: Europe
8 July: Britain
2 September: Belgium
23 September: Singapore
14 October: Korea
4 November: Abu Dhabi
25 November: Brazil

All other races are on Sky Sports F1HD

Of the other 10, there will be extended highlights programmes on BBC One, of either 90-minute or two-hour duration depending on race location.

There will be full live coverage of both qualifying and race on BBC One, BBC One HD and the BBC Sport website, plus a one-hour evening highlights programme on BBC Three and BBC HD.

The presentation team will be at all the races, including those that are not being broadcast live on BBC television. Full details of the team will be revealed at a later date.

BBC Sport - BBC reveals F1 coverage schedule for 2012

As for Virgin/Free View/BT I read this tweet from SkySportsF1 "It is not yet known whether the new channel (Sky F1) will be available on Virgin Media". This best not go the same way as Sky Atlantic, most Virgin customers know how that ended. It would be a massive feck up if this channel isn't made available for Virgin/BT. I pay for the full Sky Sports package with Virgin would be really pissed of if we don't get this.
Im fecked off anyway at the fact that sky are getting a sniff in at this at all tbh purely because of the fact that the last few seasons with BBC have been the best coverage, they do it perfectly. Im also pissed that they dont get the season opener

also if they are splitting the races then why are sky advertising that they will show coverage of every race over the season on this new channel

Sky Sports launches F1 channel | Sky Sports

Leg-End

Because Sky will be showing every race live, its just the BBC get a share to show live themselves. It's pretty laughable how they even worked this deal out really, its almost like the BBC get a few races to try and entice some of the non-Sky customers to subscribe to Sky so you can see next weeks race.

"Thats all for the Chinese GP, we are not back next week (but you can go pay Sky to watch the next few races) so we will see you in a months time at Spain."

I know the BBC are having extensive highlights for each race a few hours after but its not the same, you have to go through avoiding news, websites, twitter, friends, family, texts, phone calls just to avoid hearing the results.

If they don't get some kind of deal with Virigin Media for the F1 Channel they are taking away the HD broadcast option from them? And who the feck is gonna get up at 6am to look for a stream for the non-european races? Not me thats for sure, and unless Sky offer me a silly deal like they did a couple of years ago then my F1 enjoyment is gonna dwindle, no matter how many times we are guranteed a boring GP I can probably count on one hand how many I've missed in the last 10 years.

pauldyson1uk

I think I am the only one looking forward to F1 on Sky I was not that bothered about F1 being shown on Sky , has I already have the Sports HD.
But I understand why none Sky viewers don't want to pay for it.
I think Sky can do for F1 what they did for Football.

iSparky

Massa is a fecking bellend, his excuse for crap performances is "something happens to me each race" Jesus Christ, cry me a river

iSparky

feck me there are real concerns for rain sooner than tomorrow, they are all out and most of them talking about chances of rain

Leg-End

Vettel on pole and we are all meant to be surprised about it, the only thing that ruins it is Webber being 2nd, yet again feck all challenge into T1.

gormless

The way Jake and Eddie were talking about "next season" makes me quite hopeful it will be the same production etc. I'm hoping so anyway, cos I don't have Sky at my student flat, and when I'm at home, my parents have Virgin media without the sky sports package, so I'm doubtful that we'll be receiving the Sky F1 channel there either

F-Red

From what i've read Brundle & Crofty will be at Sky next year. Jake (confirmed), Eddie & DC probably will remain at the Beeb.

gormless

Damn, Brundle is possibly the best commentator/analyst in any sport. As long as they don't get Legard back. I'm hoping for James Allen to return then (even though everybody else seems to hate him)

F-Red

I'm hoping for James Allen to return then (even though everybody else seems to hate him)
Couldn't think of anything worse! He made the ITV coverage the worst ever!

Wouldn't surprise me if the BBC just inherit the commentary from Sky for the races, but have their own presenting team.

Leg-End

Brundle has confirmed it then, Sky next year for him. You can't really blame him given its a payrise and a full live schedule.

In other news no rain in Brazil yet but there are some black clouds rolling in.

gormless

Couldn't think of anything worse! He made the ITV coverage the worst ever!

Wouldn't surprise me if the BBC just inherit the commentary from Sky for the races, but have their own presenting team.
:lol: Yeah I knew that would be the reaction. I think he's actually quite knowledgeable, he just needs to turn off the British bias a bit. He makes Marchi's (I think) Schumi obsession look like a bit half hearted when it comes to Hamilton especially.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:lol: Yeah I knew that would be the reaction. I think he's actually quite knowledgeable, he just needs to turn off the British bias a bit. He makes Marchi's (I think) Schumi obsession look like a bit half hearted when it comes to Hamilton especially.
He's a bigger Schumi fan than Marchi, he literally wrote the book on Michael Schumacher. His Hamilton love was a little OTT at first but I think it was just because he's a Brit, he was the same with Jenson too, the commentary for that first win was actually brilliant.

I never really liked him as a commentator but Leggard made me appreciate that Allen actually wasn't that bad. His web blog is very good, too, he's hugely knowledgeable.

Leg-End

Allen obsesses over any driver of the moment, he would have been unbareable this season with Vettel.

Perhaps a few years away from the job might have improved him as a commentator, I don't think he was ever as bad as people made him out to be. But hes a better journalist than a commentator.

iSparky

It's dry, feck. Fingers crossed for rain!!

iSparky

Vettels moustache :lol::lol:

"it just happend overnight I think puberty is over now..."

:lol::lol:

Funny guy off the track