The F1 Thread 2011 Season

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
I don't this we can predict anything for the race if its the same sort of weather as this, Button will have plently of pace and DRS to pass cars anyway.

I don't think Maldonado will be on the grid though.
Yeah he will have enough pace to get up there alright, I love wet races so unpredictable

Maldonado though like you say i would be surprised if he is on the grid tomorrow, fecking horrible cnuty thing to do, just heard the side of hamiltons car has been duct taped together

Leg-End

Ffs I'm suck on the train heading home, what's happened?
Basically at the end of Q2 Hamilton had to get his lap in or he was out, he was blocked by 2 slow Williams the rear of which was Maldonado, he dived up his inside into the last corner and touched wheels but nothing naughty. Maldonado didn't like it and on the inlap he cut across Hamilton's front damaging them both. Silly stuff.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Ffs I'm stuck on the train heading home, what's happened?
Q2 everyone started whacking good times in, Hamilton was in the drop zone, Button who looked safe was advised to move over, Hamilton got through and was out of the drop zone but had a little coming together with Maldonado turning the last corner, Button ended up out in P13 as a result of having to move over for Hamilton, after the end of Q2 Maldonado pissed off at Hamilton pulled up alongside Hamilton on a straight, then swerved right in front of him on purpose and smashed his car up.

iSparky

What a knob, so has Hamilton not managed to put a time in then?
Currently in P3 but has duct tape holding the body work on the side of the car to hold it together

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Ah ok seen Zarlak's post now so Ham got through to Q3 but damage might stop him continuing. Maldonado is a bit brain dead ain't he.

Edit: sorry guys signal is crap so posts are delayed, cheers for the info.

iSparky

Cuntface on pole then Hamilton in P2 and webber in P3

Leg-End

Vettel again :lol:

Hamilton with a great effort with a taped up sidepod and a grounding front wing. This race is gonna be awesome.

Leg-End

I think it looks good for McLaren vs Red Bull tomorrow, the McLaren is right there in Sector 2 which used to be Red Bull crushing land. I just want to see a great race.

EvilChuck

I've just seen Button's interview, he looked like he was about to cry. I can't recall seeing a driver look that distraught ever after a bad quali, disappointed yes, but he seemed to have tears in his eyes and a quivering lipm

Leg-End

I've just seen Button's interview, he looked like he was about to cry. I can't recall seeing a driver look that distraught ever after a bad quali, disappointed yes, but he seemed to have tears in his eyes and a quivering lipm
I've seen him worse, that was just bitter dissapointment because he felt he had the pace for pole and I think he's right. Still think he will go well tomorrow, inside the Top 10 by the end of the first lap and from there should have enough pace to get atleast Top 6.

Webber needs to grow a sack now he has his contract and get mad, get aggressive.

Rooney1987

All 4 drivers outside the 107% rule have all been given permission to race tomorrow. 107% rule has to be the most pointless rule in F1 history.

pauldyson1uk

Just watched Quals and it has set up a fantastic race.
Thought Lewis had pole but then he goes faster :mad:
Just what was Maldonado doing, you don't deliberately go out to damage a fellow drivers car , I think he should be thrown out of this race.

Leg-End

Apparently 5 place grid drop for Maldonado, reprimand for Hamilton.

Lenient.

Rooney1987

Decision made. Reprimand for Lewis, 5 place grid penalty for Maldonado. Very soft penalty Maldonado is lucky.

F-Red

Joke of a penalty, too lenient on Maldonado & a reprimand for Hamilton is baffling.

iSparky

hamiltons interview afterwards :lol:

"are you off to the stewards now then?"

"yeah of course! i even have a pass here with me!!"

:lol: he must be sick of going to them this season by now

Leg-End

Does anyone know what Hamilton's reprimand was for? Surely not the overtake on the last chicane...
No / Driver 3 - Lewis Hamilton
Team Vodafone McLaren Mercedes
Time 14:48:00
Session Qualifying
Fact Causing a collision with Car 12.
Offence
Involved in an incident as defined by Article 16.1 of the 2011 FIA Formula One Sporting
Regulations
Penalty Reprimand

Officially.

EvilChuck

14:48 was the end of Q2, right? So it is the chicane incident. If they are punishing Hamilton for that, is that why they've been so lenient with Maldonado, a heat of the moment thing with a driver that they're viewing as guilty themselves.

Either way, its a ridiculous penalty.

iSparky

sounds like there is a good programme on BBC 4 now if anyone is interested called

Grand Prix - the killing years

follows the dangerous years of grand prix in 60's and 70's , just started now

Leg-End

I think thats been on before, the Roger Williamson crash is still the most heartbreaking crash I have ever seen.

iSparky

first time i have seen it, watching grand prix races from back then with the lack of safety we have now still makes me cringe, some of the crashes are horrible

pauldyson1uk

I think thats been on before, the Roger Williamson crash is still the most heartbreaking crash I have ever seen.
Is that the one where he was burning in his car and one of the drivers tried to get him out?

Just looked and yes it was , I watched the program and when that bit was shown I am not ashamed to say I had a tear in my eye , what a horrible way to die.
David Purley deserved his medal for trying to save his friend.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
Is that the one where he was burning in his car and one of the drivers tried to get him out?

Just looked and yes it was , I watched the program and when that bit was shown I am not ashamed to say I had a tear in my eye , what a horrible way to die.
David Purley deserved his medal for trying to save his friend.
I just watched that too, David Purley 100% deserved his medal, it was hard to watch knowing it wasn't reconstructed, trying to put out the fire that's burning your friend alive, seeing his heartbreak as everyone carried on driving and nobody bothered to help him. People tend to think of Senna when they think crashes that changed F1, there were so many more first... we've come a long way thank god.

iSparky

right then, cant wait for this grand prix to get going, im hoping for

1. Hamilton
2. Vettel
3. Button

JB to have another epic race, anything can happen in Spa!