The F1 Thread 2012 Season

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
kimi had a top season, doing what he did with lotus and not at one of the 'big' teams.

put kimi in the right car and he'll win another title. my fav. driver on the grid currently
I'd like to see him in one of the bigger teams again; he's a top driver. When Vettel goes to Ferrari, assuming it does happen, I wouldn't be shocked if Raikkonen went to Red Bull. Swap their cars this season and Raikkonen would've wiped the floor with Vettel.

Jaz

Jaz can you bottle your tears and post them to me?
I'm not too bothered tbh, i was far more devastated with the Massa title loss. I strongly dislike Redbull. I think Alonso was the best driver this season by a country mile.

Ferrari's simply didn't provide the car this season (again) as a result of an extremely slow start to the season, and never fixed their qualifying under performance.

wr8_utd

:'(
Booo. The Ferrari guy said it might have been a red and yellow flag so they won't appeal.

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
The montage at the end of the BBC broadcast was awesome.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
I'd like to see him in one of the bigger teams again; he's a top driver. When Vettel goes to Ferrari, assuming it does happen, I wouldn't be shocked if Raikkonen went to Red Bull. Swap their cars this season and Raikkonen would've wiped the floor with Vettel.
Kimi is far and away my favourite driver, but I'd love to know where people pull these assertions from.

Jaz

Kimi is an overrated driver. Him and massa were pretty much equal on pace whilst both at Ferrari. Not much more to say.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Kimi is far and away my favourite driver, but I'd love to know where people pull these assertions from.
Due to the fact that Vettel finds himself in a far better car, yet has only managed to just win the world title ahead of a far inferior Ferrari.

I won't take it away from Vettel as he's undoubtedly a very good driver, but give some of the others a car on the same level as his and I doubt he'd be a 3-time world champion.

wr8_utd

:'(
Kimi is an overrated driver. Him and massa were pretty much equal on pace whilst both at Ferrari. Not much more to say.
Overrated? He's come what 3rd or 4th with a car inferior to the McLaren and Red Bull after 3 years out of the sport. Kimi is brilliant.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Kimi was far better than Massa in '07 and in '08 Ferrari took the development in a direction which created heavy understeer, which suited Massa to a tee and caused Kimi huge problems, meaning he could never get proper heat into his tyres.

Raikkonen is a far, far better driver than Massa.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Due to the fact that Vettel finds himself in a far better car, yet has only managed to just win the world title ahead of a far inferior Ferrari.

I won't take it away from Vettel as he's undoubtedly a very good driver, but give some of the others a car on the same level as his and I doubt he'd be a 3-time world champion.
Yea, let's just ignore all the points lost due to mechanical problems.

VoetbalWizard

I strongly disagree. We can consider car manufacturers, and Red Bull isn't and won't ever be one of them.

Red bull won't make enough money as they spend on merchandising or sponsorships either.

If you think Redbull, or force india or someone like that are okay in F1, then surely you are okay with City, Chelsea and QPR in football. They are equivalent examples of outsider money used to set up and fund maintance of the teams.
do you think williams, benneton, and lots of the independent teams that have peppered f1's history ok then?

you can't considering factory teams the same as football unless factory teams don't take anything from their non-racing arms. Which most if not all factory teams take huge sums of money from non-racing arms.

What you are saying is that no independent teams like the old benneton or williams should be allowed on the grid and that if nike owned us its ok to spend a billion as we are a sports club and they make sports clobber.

comparing F1 to football is ridiculous.

i'm ok with Red Bull and i like that they support two teams on teh grid.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
He has lost plenty of points as well, but the fact is that his car has come good for a large portion of the season too. On the other hand, Alonso has been driving a sub-standard car all season in comparison.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
He has lost plenty of points as well, but the fact is that his car has come good for a large portion of the season too. On the other hand, Alonso has been driving a sub-standard car all season in comparison.
The Red Bull was poor for the first bunch of races and Vettel did extremely well to keep himself in the title, bringing home solid points hauls. He doesn't get anywhere near the appreciation he deserves on here.

Jaz

Overrated? He's come what 3rd or 4th with a car inferior to the McLaren and Red Bull after 3 years out of the sport. Kimi is brilliant.
Kimi was far better than Massa in '07 and in '08 Ferrari took the development in a direction which created heavy understeer, which suited Massa to a tee and caused Kimi huge problems, meaning he could never get proper heat into his tyres.

Raikkonen is a far, far better driver than Massa.
Kimi fanboi alert. :houllier:

Always heard this nonsense, he had his chance at Ferrari with very competitive cars, and didn't really excel as expected.

He has a competitive car at McL are also didn't really excel.

Sure, he has spectacular races, but he's in the Button category of driver, competent and fast. But not brilliant, he's not a Hamilton, Vettel or Alonso category. He's not cut out to be a #1 driver for a #1 team.

TheBest

SPNTBP
I agree. Personally I think alonso has been better but people are getting carried away. Alonso hasn't had mechanical issues like other teams. He has had plenty of things going his way as well.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

Always heard this nonsense, he had his chance at Ferrari with very competitive cars, and didn't really excel as expected.

Sure, he has spectacular races, but he's in the Button category of driver, competent and fast. But not brilliant, he's not a Hamilton, Vettel or Alonso category. He's not cut out to be a #1 driver for a #1 team.
Ah I see, you're clueless.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
The Red Bull was poor for the first bunch of races and Vettel did extremely well to keep himself in the title, bringing home solid points hauls. He doesn't get anywhere near the appreciation he deserves on here.
I'm admitting he's a good driver, but while there were early failures, his car came good when he needed it to, unlike Alonso's which was generally poor throughout the whole season. Good driver yes, but his car has benefited him massively and if Alonso had been in a Ferrari of similar capabilities then he would've won the title ahead of Vettel.

pauldyson1uk

I am not going to lie, has a driver I dont like him, but I will give massive credit where it is due, he is a fantastic driver with a quality car.
Deserving of his 3 WC's.

pauldyson1uk

:houllier: you really are clueless.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout

Except...he has been a #1 driver for a #1 team and won a world title in that position. The same can be said for Button as well. Both of them excelled those seasons and won their world titles so I don't get your argument there.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
Congratulations to Vettel for winning the Championship. Hard luck to Alonso.

The look on Alonso's face when he saw Vettel:(

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
When giveing interview Vettel comes across has a very nice person.
I don't actually mind him that much and he often does come across as a better guy than Alonso, whose competitive side can really show.

Jaz

Except...he has been a #1 driver for a #1 team and won a world title in that position. The same can be said for Button as well. Both of them excelled those seasons and won their world titles so I don't get your argument there.

Ferrari had a competitive car that season. Lewis Hamilton absolutely bottled it at China. Massa, was probably the faster driver of the two by the end of the season.

In 2008, Massa was simply superior to Kimi.

That is all we need to know about Kimi. Got out-muscled on and off the track by Massa.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Ferrari had a competitive car that season. Lewis Hamilton absolutely bottled it at China. Massa, was probably the faster driver of the two by the end of the season.

In 2008, Massa was simply superior to Kimi.

That is all we need to know about Kimi. Got out-muscled on and off the track by Massa.
:lol: there's so much wrong with that it's not even worth breaking it down

Jaz

:lol: there's so much wrong with that it's not even worth breaking it down
:houllier: I don't think I missed a race in most of those seasons. It was quite hilarious how similar compared to Massa in terms of pace he was except for the in-and-out laps where Kimi was excellent. Then, all of a sudden he would always go for the fastest lap of the race. It was really bizarre on live-timings as a Ferrari fan to see Kimi drive, but it was fecking woeful. He was simply inconsistent during races, he would go purple after purple, and then be very slow for long stretches. I think he's not the complete driver, and has problem maintaining concentration and consistent race pace.

I would really feel sorry for any team like Redbull, of McL to have him as #1 driver. You'll quickly realise, like most Ferrari fans, that he was a bit overrated.

1999united2008

delighted for Jenson, hopefully he can compete for the title next year.

urgh at Vettel, can't stand finger boy, would rather Alonso had won, plus Vettel overtook under blatant yellows yet the FIA do nothing for one of their pet drivers...if that had been Hamilton they would have penalised him faster than you can say "excuse"

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
:houllier: I don't think I missed a race in most of those seasons. It was quite hilarious how similar compared to Massa in terms of pace he was except for the in-and-out laps where Kimi was excellent. Then, all of a sudden he would always go for the fastest lap of the race. It was really bizarre on live-timings as a Ferrari fan to see Kimi drive, but it was fecking woeful. He was simply inconsistent during races, he would go purple after purple, and then be very slow for long stretches. I think he's not the complete driver, and has problem maintaining concentration and consistent race pace.

I would really feel sorry for any team like Redbull, of McL to have him as #1 driver. You'll quickly realise, like most Ferrari fans, that he was a bit overrated.
The fastest laps were towards the end of runs, after periods struggling for pace, not the other way around, and the reasons were well known as being an understeering car which was hugely detrimental to his driving style, meaning he couldn't get heat into his tyres until he was well into a run, at which point the car started working and was the fastest guy out there. Clearly the problem was that this came too late to be of any use and he soon needed to stop again for fuel, when tyres are changed and the whole process started again.

Calling him overrated is, quite simply, stupid.

Anyway, is anyone still watching the forum? Hamilton just had a little moan about Hulkenburg, personally I thought the drive-through was very harsh, he didn't do anything 'wrong' per se, he just got a wobble in the wet and lost grip.

pauldyson1uk

The fastest laps were towards the end of runs, after periods struggling for pace, not the other way around, and the reasons were well known as being an understeering car which was hugely detrimental to his driving style, meaning he couldn't get heat into his tyres until he was well into a run, at which point the car started working and was the fastest guy out there. Clearly the problem was that this came too late to be of any use and he soon needed to stop again for fuel, when tyres are changed and the whole process started again.

Calling him overrated is, quite simply, stupid.

Anyway, is anyone still watching the forum? Hamilton just had a little moan about Hulkenburg, personally I thought the drive-through was very harsh, he didn't do anything 'wrong' per se, he just got a wobble in the wet and lost grip.
Yes I am , at the time I thought it was deserved but watched it again and I agree, it was a slip on a wet track.
How Vettel got away with no penalty's today is a better question.