The F1 Thread 2012 Season

Leg-End

To be fair to Hamilton, he's been flawless this weekend and deserves a victory. Kimi is just showing Lotus that if they actually pull their heads out of the arse they will win races.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
2-5 in the WDC is very tight. Shows how brilliant Raikkonen has been this season that he barely gets a mention from pundits and he's only 8 points off Webber in 2nd.

Leg-End

Aye barring any major step forwards by any of the teams Kimi has a major chance of victory at Spa. Though its also a high speed circuit with lower temps and possible rain so its not nailed on.

Lotus also are developed that passive DRS system too which will make them mega on the straights.

F-Red

I know, but how smart am I going to look if it does happen?

And Mercedes should do well in all seriousness, their DRS/straight line speed is fantastic
Lotus are bringing their F-Duct/DRS concept to Spa and combined with the speed that car has currently then they look like they'll be the ones to watch along with McLaren.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
If he has a car even half way capable I'd put my money on Kimi, he is simply supreme around Spa.

Instant Karma

Closet Gooner
Hats off to Alonso for being in the lead of the drivers championship though his car has been consistently slower than the Mclaren, Red Bull, Lotus and at times even behind in the Mercedes in the first part of the season.

He may end up not winning a drivers championship at the peak of his career.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Next race is in 1 month. :(

Didn't realise the summer break was going to be this long.

I reckon all the top teams will have completely revamped cars from the ones that started the season.

Leg-End

It's a 3 week break and the teams have to shut down their factories for 14 days anyway so its not like they will be developing non-stop.

Dargonk

Ninja Scout
Scout
No surprises there, massa has been fairly rubbish all season and never looked like he was going to keep the spot for next season

Leg-End

I'd quite like it if Button went there, he is still underestimated by many. I mean I like him at McLaren but if he went to Ferrari that means I can like them that little bit more too. Doubt it though given he is tied to McLaren for a few seasons but at this point there are about 10 drivers on the grid that could do a better job than Massa.

Rumours of Mercedes partially withdrawing too, just becoming engine suppliers again. Can understand them not exactly being thrilled with results so far but if they truly thought Brawn GP which was previously Honda had the infrastructure to sustain success short term they were wrong, they are still 2nd tier in comparison to the big 3. Would be pretty funny if they withdraw and Brawn GP comes back only to find itself with a monsterous car again.