The F1 Thread 2013 Season

iSparky

Likes Dags. but not as much as his Dad
Sergio kitted out in the Mclaren gear :drool:

I like the sound of the Sergio and JB line up.

iSparky

The nose looks like its back to the one they had at the start of last year, looks great!

hp88

Car looks great just hope it's quick enough to give one of them a chance of winning something.

Leg-End

Comparison with last years car, illustrates the higher nose which is stepped but hidden with a modesty panel.

Count Orduck

Wait, are they still advertising Tooned? Does that mean they'll still be making them? I quite enjoyed them, personally.

hp88

The new Ferrari F138. They have got the vanity panel on to hide the step nose, looks very nice.

hp88

It'll still be shit, though.
It always is but somehow Alonso manages to make it competitive, I think we will see a couple of changes in management If they fail to deliver again.

Force India has been unveiled, they have also gone for a vanity panel.

RDCR07

Not a bad guy (Whale Killer)
Oh gotcha. But why dont the other cars do it as well? It definitely looks more aerodynamic.

hp88

Lotus said they haven't fitted one as it adds more weight.

Count Orduck

I don't really get the vanity panel... was the stepped nose an FIA directive? If so, why are they letting them cover it up again? Or, if the teams did it for aerodynamic purposes, why are they now covering it again? Surely it's easier just not to have one in the first place.

hp88

FIA made the teams do it for safety reasons, lower nose means there's a smaller chance of taking out the driver in a side on accident. I don't think there are any aerodynamic gains which is why the teams won't mind using the panel, it's more of a weight issue.

Leg-End

I reckon they purchased their livery off of the defunct HRT.

I like the modesty panel solution on it though.

iSparky

Considering that Sauber had what was in my opinion the worst looking car on the grid the past few years apart from maybe HRT this is a massive improvement, looks great. And that fecking Chelsea crest is not on it too which is good.

Leg-End

The Chelsea crest is on the top of the tub so you will see it everytime onboard from the T-Cam which is even worse.

F-Red

Considering that Sauber had what was in my opinion the worst looking car on the grid the past few years apart from maybe HRT this is a massive improvement, looks great. And that fecking Chelsea crest is not on it too which is good.
Worst looking car? Im assuming you're going by colour scheme as shape wise it was looking no different than a Red Bull

iSparky

The Chelsea crest is on the top of the tub so you will see it everytime onboard from the T-Cam which is even worse.
Shit, well at least they got rid of the crests they had on the sides last year.

Leg-End

Red Bull launch their car only to not bother with a live event for fans and then block all the press from taking any pictures............why bother having a launch?

Leg-End

None of the launch cars will have their special stuff on anyway and they released actual media shots after the event so I don't see it as anything other than pissing journos off a bit and depriving the fans of a decent look at the cars ahead of testing.

Don't see the point of a launch event if its not live or the media aren't allowed to take pictures of the cars.

iSparky

Red Bull can go suck a dick. God damn spoil sports.