The Fallback Option - Luka Modric...

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
I may have this wrong but I am sure I read that Thiago had said Utd hadnt tried to sign him however from these forums it was made to sign like he was targetted. So now we have newspapers claiming we are looking at Modric. Do we really know this?

That'sHernandez

Ominously close to getting banned
I may have this wrong but I am sure I read that Thiago had said Utd hadnt tried to sign him however from these forums it was made to sign like he was targetted. So now we have newspapers claiming we are looking at Modric. Do we really know this?
Yep, I'm hearing from sources close to Club that we've bid a plastic treasure chest of chocolate gold coins and a packet of refreshers with blackjacks as add-ons depending on trophies won and appearances.

Phil

I imagine we have a fairly sizeable scouting network at the club. Why would we not utilise it in order to find the next Modric? A player from a lesser known league with a lot of potential. That would come to us. Like we've always done.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Are you Mr.Fuji?

I really don't think Madrid would turn down a bid of £30-£35m for him... if they could make back what they spent, they'd surely be delighted.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Are you Mr.Fuji?

I really don't think Madrid would turn down a bid of £30-£35m for him... if they could make back what they spent, they'd surely be delighted.
Why would they be delighted?They got a good player at a good price last year only to sell him a year later? It doesn't even make sense. Would United be delighted to get £6m for Hernandez or £7m for Vidic?

Annihilate Now!

Scout
Why would they be? They got a good player at a good price last year only to sell him a year later? It doesn't even make sense.
He's not a starter and he's dropped further down the pecking order hasn't he? He's hardly been a great success for them...

And as for your edit... no, but they're terrible comparisons... wouldn't a lot of people be happy to get £18m for Ashley Young?! Or Ando?

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
I get the feeling that papers try linking clubs with a great number of players, mosty in the hope they can later say "see...? We were right all along!!"

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He's not a starter and he's dropped further down the pecking order hasn't he? He's hardly been a great success for them...
He's played a lot and will play even more next season, I believe. He had a strong end to last season and has had a great pre-season by all accounts, he'll be in the first team next to Alonso or Illarramendi.

Annihilate Now!

Scout
He's played a lot and will play even more next season, I believe. He had a strong end to last season and has had a great pre-season by all accounts, he'll be in the first team next to Alonso or Illarramendi.
Something like half of his appearances last season he was either subbed or came on as a sub... but still maybe he will play more this season, but I wouldn't be too surprised if he was the fall guy for Illarramend.

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
I think we can now declare this one dead.

Xabi Alonso has fractured a metatarsal and will be out for three months.

He was just about over his operation, and might have played a bit in Madrid's friendly on Thursday. Now his return is months away again.

Modric is currently Plan A as well as Plan B at Madrid.

walsh

I think we can now declare this one dead.

Xabi Alonso has fractured a metatarsal and will be out for three months.

He was just about over his operation, and might have played a bit in Madrid's friendly on Thursday. Now his return is months away again.

Modric is currently Plan A as well as Plan B at Madrid.
Sack Moyes.

Danillaco

How come it's not? We got excited for much less. Just by glancing the words, "Modric" "agree" "!Manchester United" gave me a half pump.