The Final: Argentina vs France

Predict the winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
I always wonder why the pundits feel the need to wear jacket/suit and ties for the final. Just weird to me - it's not a funeral, although France look dead and buried

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Argentina have been excellent. Although really shocked the penalty stood. Should’ve been overruled by VAR.

Joel Miller

Oh, yeah.

Guess whose 3 out of 5 pens didn't get to the VAR check?

Yep, guessed again!
Why would they? It’s already been explained why that one didn’t go to VAR. referees have applied the rules as they’re set out. But carry on squealing under your foil hat.

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
France are fecked. Been terrible

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
Yes, it's true. I'm close to turning this shit off. I have mentally tuned out. I don't mind losing but not like this. Not like cowards
I was pro France when the World Cup started, but I have noticed they are nowhere near up to it ever since the group stage. And when I saw the game against England I was sure any team with bit of luck can beat you, tactically and running wise France are simply not good enough. Someone like Mbappe does less defensive work than Messi, which is ridiculous considering this is not club football.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Not a pen, but it just started the inevitable I think. France have been shocking and Argentina would have always gone in 1 or 2 up regardless

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Argentina have killed them so far. Scaloni got a big call right starting Di Maria.

France have been shocking though.

evil_geko

If only that amazing, one of the best players ever, Mbappe was playing, France would do much better, too bad. :(

FromTheBench

France need to go full Dutch style physical on Argentina.

Even hoofball if needed.

They took out Giroud though.

IFC 1905

That's it. No matter what happens, I'm so satisfied with this team.

They showed lots of desire, Enzo has been inmense. That yellow at the end was such a shame

Conor

Embarrassing stuff from France so far, it should never be so obvious that one team is far more up for it than the other in a world cup final.

Stadjer

i wish i remembered the name of the poster who was saying Di Maria was crap and mentioned me in a post to gloat/do a told you so after di Maria had a bad game earlier in the tournament :lol:

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
First time in WC history that one team has had 5 pens.

Guess who?

Yep, guessed again.
If you had just posted that first line, fair enough.
The subsequent two lines makes your post utterly bitter sounding. What do you hope to gain from being this bitter?

90 + 5min

I would've taken Griezmann off before Giroud, bring on an actual midfielder like Camavinga that does something. Griezmann good for defending but never does anything in attack.
If they didn't lose it before, they lost it defenitly when they took out Giroud. Their most important player looking from attacking point of view.

Idxomer

France have looked poor this whole tournament, these performances are deffo on him
Agreed, his players have been bailing him out all tournament. He deserves to take the blame for this one if he doesn't turn it around.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
surround ref when you're winning 2-0?
Get ready for it in the second half. We’re looking at 12 minutes extra time minimum I reckon once all their antics have been accounted for.

Oly Francis

Supports
PSG
Amazing half of football by Argentina, they're more agressive, superior from a technical standpoint, press the right players, they just want it more. It looks like they have 1 or 2 extra players on the pitch.

Unless we totally change our state of mind, we deserve nothing. France is a team you can't give a change to and they didn't give us any.

Messi and Di Maria are wonderful, Griezmann is kept on a tight leash and Rabiot/Tchouameni/Hernandez/Kounde confirm they're just very average players on the ball.

Great ref too, controlled the game, assertive, very good.

FromTheBench

France have a huge physical advantage they need to make that count more.

But their players need to wakeup also.

MrMarcello

In a well-ordered universe...
They have played Denmark, Australia, Tunisia, Poland, England and Morocco so far. This is the first game they play a real team.
Nonsense. Both sides have faced below par sides along the way. Argentina have played their share of crap - losing to Saudi, beating a weak Mexico, bang average Poland, beating an average Australia through keeper errors, escaping past a decent Netherlands on pens, and beat a decent Croatia side. Brazil would have given them a better semi-final match.

siw2007

Argentina by far the better team so far, they are showing so much more desire and energy compared to France. I wonder how much the virus has affected them, as they just look so devoid of energy out there. Regardless, I expect Argentina to see out this game now and win their third World Cup.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
I was pro France when the World Cup started, but I have noticed they are nowhere near up to it ever since the group stage. And when I saw the game against England I was sure any team with bit of luck can beat you, tactically and running wise France are simply not good enough. Someone like Mbappe does less defensive work than Messi, which is ridiculous considering this is not club football.
I agree with that. It's a joke how Kylian has been enabled to do feck all when the teams struggles