The Final: Argentina vs France

Predict the winner

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Foo

I would've taken Griezmann off before Giroud, bring on an actual midfielder like Camavinga that does something. Griezmann good for defending but never does anything in attack.
Same, agreed. France are losing the midfield battle

lex talionis

Critics of the sport of football only have point to this match to rest their case. Dodgy refreee decisions happen in every sport, but the early dodgy pk decision has wrecked the game. That said, this virus made it a mismatch.

Siorac

Totally one-sided first half. It's a surprise, at least to me. Di Maria man of the match so far, the rat-faced cnut.

The pen was really soft though.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Rabiot and dembele started with their dippers shat. Absolutely shocking by france

Scaloni always has been great at midfields battles, their pressing is insane, but youd expect a bit more of a "battle" against france but its been a monologue

ManUtd1999

France has been very poor. I didn’t like their game against Morocco the other night.

But, it must feel great for a team to always start a game with a penalty. It makes everything easier.

gerdm07

Thinks we should have kept Pereira
Di Maria on the left really confused France and is created more space for Messi. Great tactical decision by scaloni and Deschamps didn't respond.

Viva LA Messi!

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Mbappe is brilliant goalscorer and matchwinner who is already written in history books, and he will be only be better, but he will never be anywhere near all around player that Messi is.
Different generation, as well? Messi is 35 and on his last saloon after so many bad WCs. Mbappe has one already in the desk and will have more shots in the future.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Who? Benzema doesn’t count. Pogba has been on holiday since 2018.
There's a difference between a player's club performances club and in their national team. I thought this WC made it obvious.

Zen86

He’s a very explosive and dangerous player, but Mbappe always seems to lack any sense of calm and composure most of the time when he’s in the ball when I watch him. Almost as if he’s too eager or energetic for his own good.

DickDastardly

Why would they? It’s already been explained why that one didn’t go to VAR. referees have applied the rules as they’re set out. But carry on squealing under your foil hat.
Because it's the final of the world cup.

And 90% of watching wouldn't give that a as a pen.

The least you could do is go and watch it by yourself. Then make the decision.

I'm not squealing. Just stating the facts.

And my hat is woolen.

fallengt

Yesterday Morocco vs Croatia match, clipping leg wasn't a pen but today it is.
Moral of the story is you should dive as soon as there's contact inside the box.

Whywhywhy

Supports
Boca Juniors
Dumb penalty by Dembele! That usually happens when you put a really offensive player defending inside the box.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I have to praise Benfica scouting department getting another potential 100mil player in Enzo. Although I don't particularly rate Darwin, it will probably be the second transfer window in a row they do a big transfer

avgp_1

France just haven't managed to negotiate the Argentinian press which has caught them out just like it did the Dutch. Phenomenal effort so far from the Argies

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
That must be one of the best World Cup final goals ever. Every pass leading upto the goal was spot on.

argentina have been far more up for it and aggressive aswell as playing the better football

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
That's it. No matter what happens, I'm so satisfied with this team.

They showed lots of desire, Enzo has been inmense. That yellow at the end was such a shame
Don’t be a fool, mate… at 2-0 half time you must close out and win this game ffs.:lol:

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Because it's the final of the world cup.

And 90% of watching wouldn't give that a as a pen.

The least you could do is go and watch it by yourself. Then make the decision.

I'm not squealing. Just stating the facts.

And my hat is woolen.
That's a damn penalty all day long, he clearly clips his leg which causes him to lose balance. Running at that pace, a clip like that is enough to put you off balance. Stupid defending.