The First Redcafe Sheep Draft

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
So many players to choose from but so much paranoia that 1 of you other cnuts will pick them too
Exactly. I think I have decided who I am picking though. If someone else goes for him then so be it. I would rather he gets blocked than someone getting him :)

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Exactly. I think I have decided who I am picking though. If someone else goes for him then so be it. I would rather he gets blocked than someone getting him :)
I could say exactly the same about 3 players I want :lol:

VivaJanuzaj

Sent my pick, there is no tactic good for this game, just pure luck and mindfeck imo.

@AldoPaine18 If people send their picks early then the round will end when everybody sent right?

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Woe betide anyone who chose CR7. I'll personally rip throats and drink blood!

@AldoPaine18 - Are all rounds criteria generic in nature? Don't want to pick 2 strikers initially and the 7th pick is "Striker who has scored in WC" kind of situation....Let us know in advance on how many and which picks are position specific.

Moby

Dick
No criteria will be specific to a position. It will always be "Pick a player who...."

However some criteria may be based on scoring. "May be".

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
No problem, man - just checkin'.

I'm struggling with a general strategy/theme here. I think I'll let a few rounds pass and see who I manage to get my hands on before I settle on anything.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
No problem, man - just checkin'.

I'm struggling with a general strategy/theme here. I think I'll let a few rounds pass and see who I manage to get my hands on before I settle on anything.
I'm doing the other way. Got a formation fixed and players slotted in nearly. Some prioritization already swirling in my mind.
Then depending on criteria, I need to select them and hope none of the other plonkers here block them

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm doing the other way. Got a formation fixed and players slotted in nearly. Some prioritization already swirling in my mind.
Then depending on criteria, I need to select them and hope none of the other plonkers here block them
Player slotted in, you says? Several alternatives per position, then?

I reckon I'll settle on a formation after I get a couple of players - provided I get who I want, that is. I'll definitely try to aim for some kind of overarching theme too - I think it'll be more fun that way. A team of ginger players, for instance - that would be something.

Annahnomoss

Will follow it closely. When does the first round end? I am really annoyed that I couldn't join in!

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Could end as soon as tomorrow at 1400GMT - if everyone has been clever little bastards...

NM

Woe betide anyone who chose CR7. I'll personally rip throats and drink blood!

@AldoPaine18 - Are all rounds criteria generic in nature? Don't want to pick 2 strikers initially and the 7th pick is "Striker who has scored in WC" kind of situation....Let us know in advance on how many and which picks are position specific.
Did you read the criteria?

Pippa

I had a nightmare with reading the criteria properly the first time...:nervous:

Annahnomoss

Going to be interesting to see you play Pippa! Was hard to know what was yours and what wasn't with Crappy and you sharing the team. Will be fun to get to know you more, and Crappy for that matter.

Not sure if the draftlist is better now or worse as I have no clue who most new names are.

Cal?

CR7 fan
@antohan
@Balu
@Thisistheone
@crappycraperson
@Chesterlestreet
@VivaJanuzaj
@Gio
@Cutch
@Edgar Allan Pillow & @Brwned
@Pippa
@Polaroid
@MJJ
@Stobzilla & @KM
@Jayvin
@sullydnl & @NM
@Snipers Breath

Round 1 Criteria :

Pick a player who was never nominated in the top 3 of the Ballon D'or/FIFA Ballon D'or.

Remember, you have to PM me. DO NOT post it here.

Here are the links that would be used to verify the picks.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIFA_Ballon_d'Or

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ballon_d'Or_(1956–2009)

Since this is the first round, I remind you all that all players available must be born after 30 October 1960. That goes for all future rounds and won't be reminded again.

Deadline : 1400 UK time, 10 Feb.
Didn't I get the last spot? :(

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Eh? We are started already? Shit, only just got back and may oversleep.

Let me have a quick look at who is out then.

antohan

Well, that's a ton of cracking players available, why don't we just arrange it all nicely?
  • Who takes the top drawer Italian CBs?
  • Who picks the Argie midfielder who refused to get a haircut?
  • And the Welsh wing wizard?
  • Who goes for some Danish Dynamite instead?
  • No point getting a keeper now, surely?
They will all be gone one way or another by tomorrow 14:00. Then when the Ballon d'Or chaps are available we get those banned, awesome, we'll have the Fulham reserves playing for us in no time. Maybe the best way about it is to coordinate a bit?

I'm putting down a marker here, that of being completely honest and letting you guys decide what to do: I'm picking a Brazilian shortarse striker from WC94.

You want him too? OK, meet you tomorrow for the second attempt... and I'll hound you all the way to the end of this draft! :keano:

antohan

BTW, that would be me out of contention for strikers in future rounds. Handy...

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
See you tomorrow @antohan

Seriously, saying who you're going to pick after more than 10 managers already submitted their pick is a poor attempt of a mindgame :lol:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
and as Aldo inidcated, there maybe criteria around scoring to come. I'll save my strikers for that. Don't want to end up too many of them.
Yeah, but scoring could also mean 'pick a player who scored more owngoals than actual goals'. Good luck finding a quality striker then :lol:.

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
An idea to speed thigs up. Sheeps allocated by managers straight if there is a goof up. If any mananger gathers 3 sheep, he activates the 2 backup pick option for support from the next round. If he still manages to get the 4th sheep, he is DQ'd and in random draw his opponent gets a bye.

Would cut down both draft and game times, imo.

VivaJanuzaj

The announcement can't come soon enough..
@antohan poor mind games :D

I'm pretty confident I won't get my pick, although I would've felt that way with any player I would've gone for.. But I do feel first round is the round everybody will feel confident of getting high profiled player.

Moby

Dick
See you tomorrow @antohan

Seriously, saying who you're going to pick after more than 10 managers already submitted their pick is a poor attempt of a mindgame :lol:
A manager can change his pick as many times before the deadline. The last PM before 1400 would be taken into consideration.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
A manager can change his pick as many times before the deadline. The last PM before 1400 would be taken into consideration.
Are you kidding me? Don't tell me stuff like that, I submitted my pick early because I believed that my pick is final and I can't change it anymore, so that I'm immune to mindgames :lol:. I'll stick with that approach, no changing picks after they're done. We had the same rule in the last draft, even though changing the pick in theory would have been possible until the next manager made his pick.

Thisistheone

I will get mine into you shortly Aldo. Just, you know, being a bit paranoid and over-thinking it. The usual stuff really.

Moby

Dick
Are you kidding me? Don't tell me stuff like that, I submitted my pick early because I believed that my pick is final and I can't change it anymore, so that I'm immune to mindgames :lol:. I'll stick with that approach, no changing picks after they're done. We had the same rule in the last draft, even though changing the pick in theory would have been possible until the next manager made his pick.
Well the last draft was different.

Not allowing to change your pick was proposed to reduce the time of the draft, which meant as soon as I have the last pick I announce the result.

Since we didn't go ahead with that and the deadline is 24 hours, it is logical that a manager can change his pick any number of times before the deadline.