The First Redcafe Sheep Draft

Moby

Dick
Hallelujah!! I can't believe I got my player!

@AldoPaine18 @kps88 what have we decided on next rounds with the time limit? can we decide that we wait the full 24 hours only in the first round in each round?
For now I have the 24 hour limit.

1. I don't know if I will be on a PC if everyone submits say in the afternoon.
2. Like anto said earlier, if everyone submits and a couple are left they'd be called on for no reason.

I think we can think about reducing it in a scenario where very few managers have to submit.

Anyway any changes would be made in the next round. All discussions regarding what everyone thinks about this are welcome. For now, sadly you have to wait for a couple of days. Not a bad place to be in, if you ask me.

NM

:lol:
The cnut. That is good news though.. I think tito is a top drafter. I am quite certain I know who his second choice is.. and I will fight him for it

Edit quoted the wrong post

kps88

Hallelujah!! I can't believe I got my player!

@AldoPaine18 @kps88 what have we decided on next rounds with the time limit? can we decide that we wait the full 24 hours only in the first round in each round?
In this case round two has 11 managers so 24 hours isn't too bad. Maybe we could reduce it when fewer managers are picking and everyone has sent in their picks. If Aldo isn't available I could do the reveal and vice versa.

VivaJanuzaj

For now I have the 24 hour limit.

1. I don't know if I will be on a PC if everyone submits say in the afternoon.
2. Like anto said earlier, if everyone submits and a couple are left they'd be called on for no reason.

I think we can think about reducing it in a scenario where very few managers have to submit.

Anyway any changes would be made in the next round. All discussions regarding what everyone thinks about this are welcome. For now, sadly you have to wait for a couple of days. Not a bad place to be in, if you ask me.
Nono don't get me wrong I'm not complaining about anything :lol:

The thing I thought would be logical is that if everybody sent their picks, when you're online to see it you'll end the round.
As for anto's point, I don't think anyone would call out someone who hasn't made his pick just yet, that's why we got the 24 hour limit, I just feel that if everybody can make their picks earlier I'm sure everybody will be happier in moving on.

Anyway, I agree that it shouldn't be for this round anyway, but I suggest you and kps decide/take it to a vote before the next round.

Really thrilled to have got my pick.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Aldo, you should have let me mindfeck people a bit longer naming the obvious. Wonder if those that passed had someone on them moving away? Will be interesting to see who actually got picked: the obvious ones? Which are those? We need to know now! Arrgh!

VivaJanuzaj

I said I would pick Romario. Five Nestas? :lol:
I was this close picking Romario(before you mentioned it), although I thought it's too obvious he'll go away.
I didn't believe Nesta stands a chance either.. I actually believe this game has tons of luck in it.

Edit: Can't wait to see the picks from the ones who passed! To pick now without knowing who passed is really brain damaging.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

The thing I thought would be logical is that if everybody sent their picks, when you're online to see it you'll end the round.
As for anto's point, I don't think anyone would call out someone who hasn't made his pick just yet, that's why we got the 24 hour limit, I just feel that if everybody can make their picks earlier I'm sure everybody will be happier in moving on.

Anyway, I agree that it shouldn't be for this round anyway, but I suggest you and kps decide/take it to a vote before the next round.

It was Adnan, right?

Moby

Dick

Yeah I understand, doesn't make a lot of sense either to keep waiting for hours after everyone has sent their picks.

However the "round ends when everyone has sent" rule is a bit tedious to apply, and would mean changing the dynamics every now and then and that could get confusing. For example, in that scenario you won't be allowed to change your pick once you have sent it, as opposed to the fixed deadline scenario.

I think what can be done is that if really few managers are left, we can cut it down to 12 hours and finish 2nd and 3rd pick in 24 hours. But again, how few? And what if the ones out of the remaining are from opposite time zones..

antohan

The cnut. That is good news though.. I think tito is a top drafter. I am quite certain I know who his second choice is.. and I will fight him for it

Nah, the guy with the glasses? He's mine.

Unless he got picked already :nervous:

Moby

Dick
Also I've seen a couple of instances of player naming but didn't comment on it then.

NO PLAYER NAMING

No matter how obvious the name is. Those who got their players or those who are yet to pick, absolutely no names must be taken unless announced by the mods in the results.

antohan

Actually, I'm convinced I would have talked Balu around it had I had that extra couple of hours. Only just woke up :(

VivaJanuzaj

Yeah I understand, doesn't make a lot of sense either to keep waiting for hours after everyone has sent their picks.

However the "round ends when everyone has sent" rule is a bit tedious to apply, and would mean changing the dynamics every now and then and that could get confusing. For example, in that scenario you won't be allowed to change your pick once you have sent it, as opposed to the fixed deadline scenario.

I think what can be done is that if really few managers are left, we can cut it down to 12 hours and finish 2nd and 3rd pick in 24 hours. But again, how few? And what if the ones out of the remaining are from opposite time zones..
Maybe we can do something like, if everybody sent their picks, the minute you or kps see it you announce: "Everyone has sent their picks, you got X hours to make a change before we end the round". Meaning that when you see that everyone picked, you will announce it and from that point everybody will have an hour or two to make a change.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Also I've seen a couple of instances of player naming but didn't comment on it then.

NO PLAYER NAMING

No matter how obvious the name is. Those who got their players or those who are yet to pick, absolutely no names must be taken unless announced by the mods in the results.
But it's alright to discuss those who are locked/out, right?

And discuss possible candidates without naming names, i.e. strikers of a certain nationality, etc.?

Moby

Dick
But it's alright to discuss those who are locked/out, right?

And discuss possible candidates without naming names, i.e. strikers of a certain nationality, etc.?
Yeah the ones who are in the banned list are out of contention for the draft so no harm in discussing them.

As for the rest, you can do whatever you want as long as it is not a name. Preferably not being too obvious as well but that's your call.

antohan

Maybe we can do something like, if everybody sent their picks, the minute you or kps see it you announce: "Everyone has sent their picks, you got X hours to make a change before we end the round". Meaning that when you see that everyone picked, you will announce it and from that point everybody will have an hour or two to make a change.
Mate, not everyone is going to be here 24/7. In fact, that's the advantage with known deadlines. I will be really annoyed if deadlines get pulled earlier at whim, they are deadlines for a reason, and part of it is helping plan your time and availability.

The one scenario I would be OK with is a 2nd/3rd attempt when we have 2-3 managers, they are online at the time the results are announced and agree to vote immediately and even then we haave to be wary of those who had already gone through and may not find out everything has been brought forward.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Yeah the ones who are in the banned list are out of contention for the draft so no harm in discussing them.

As for the rest, you can do whatever you want as long as it is not a name. Preferably not being too obvious as well but that's your call.
Duly noted, sir.

Thisistheone

:D mindgames!

I thought Keano was overly ambitious but then with another 2 picks, the risk was worth it. Alomst had him, unlike the five bloody Nestas!!

Now then... that second pick?

antohan

:lol: I listed them in my shortlist making reference to that (Loads of ....).

Anyway, can't comment on that without alluding to part of their names.

Feel free mate, it's a midfielder I'm going Dutch for.

antohan

Yeah, saying HIM is more fun. There was no obvious HIM with this question though!

VivaJanuzaj

@antohan fair enough, I guess we'll have to wait and see what will be decided.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and show you guys my team tactics is going to be.

Warning: Not for pregnant women, and weak hearted

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Actually, I'm convinced I would have talked Balu around it had I had that extra couple of hours. Only just woke up :(
Nope, not a chance in hell. I stick with the no changing picks thing and continue to pick early. I mentioned to Aldo when I sent my pick, that you most likely will feck it up, but the logic was, everyone else will stay away because you always pick Romario and because it's so obvious. And you won't pick him, because you already had him so often and will go in a different direction this time :lol:. Okay, it was a bit flawed, but it was worth the risk.

/edit:
already submitted my 2nd attempt :)

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

Oh, I know who you've got your sights on, I reckon. Regarding that nationality and those players - I had to laugh just now. There's one in particular I feel it's safe to allude to - as he isn't eligible. By a whisker, that is - a matter of weeks and he would've been pickable.

There are several solid candidates from certain nations who are right around the limit for the timeline - I know who I would've gone for if I hadn't settled on a different position for my pick. Reckon you would've approved of him too.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
@antohan fair enough, I guess we'll have to wait and see what will be decided.

Anyway, I'm going to go ahead and show you guys my team tactics is going to be.

Warning: Not for pregnant women, and weak hearted
I'll vote for that! Nothing like a bit of good ol' crossing to make the blood stir.

NM

:D mindgames!

I thought Keano was overly ambitious but then with another 2 picks, the risk was worth it. Alomst had him, unlike the five bloody Nestas!!

Now then... that second pick?
I know. That is all.

NM

I am leaving you to him. If you change, there will be blood.

EDIT: Unless my comanager disagrees and hates you.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
It doesn't. I've told him to be a little less obvious but it's a valid tactic.

He really must have misunderstood the 'less obvious' part of your comment :lol:.

antohan

Nope, not a chance in hell. I stick with the no changing picks thing and continue to pick early. I mentioned to Aldo when I sent my pick, that you most likely will feck it up, but the logic was, everyone else will stay away because you always pick Romario and because it's so obvious. And you won't pick him, because you already had him so often and will go in a different direction this time :lol:. Okay, it was a bit flawed, but it was worth the risk.

/edit:
already submitted my 2nd attempt :)
It was. I even told you I was going for him. Also pointed at the advtanges of not having me bothered with strikers again... :(

I am leaving you to him. If you change, there will be blood.

EDIT: Unless my comanager disagrees and hates you.
:lol: Feel free mate, I have a solid third pick that would sure come to pappa. I almost want to get him now instead and be done with it! It would be much sweeter just blocking this first though. :devil:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
It was. I even told you I was going for him. Also pointed at the advtanges of not having me bothered with strikers again... :(
Yeah, you told me hours after I picked and then I told you, I'm going for him, so you could have backed out as well :lol:.