The First Redcafe Sheep Draft

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
You did? See, that's how carefully I read your posts, I've no clue who you're going to pick third :lol:.
I've asked for Cyclops to be blocked so I can take you to the wire with your third pick! Wasn't I clear enough who I thought it was, munchkin?

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
I've asked for Cyclops to be blocked so I can take you to the wire with your third pick! Wasn't I clear enough who I thought it was, munchkin?
I'm lost here, how am I blocking him then, if you're going for him just to block him for me :lol:.

/edit:
the whole thing could take a boring turn if I end up getting my 2nd attempt pick, btw.

Thisistheone

This is a bit like poker. Bluff's and double bluff's. And bluffing the bluffer's bluff. etc.

(Or maybe not. I don't play much poker)

Last edited:

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Good. I told you if you didn't move away from Romario it would be a nightmare.
Maybe I should change my 2nd attempt pick to the one I really want, so that I get away from your wrath :nervous:.

antohan

Maybe I should change my 2nd attempt pick to the one I really want, so that I get away from your wrath :nervous:.
Too little too late I'm afraid. You also seem under the illusion I picked Romario several times. Nope, I always wanted him, pined for him in every draft, but only got him last time out... for a single game :( Bastard.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Can see this working well with conventional draft rules as well, one normal round, one sheep round with criteria, I like this way, mixes it up a bit.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The way these guys are going, more of my shortlist will will be in the banned section, even before my turn comes again!
You need to ease off the muppet pedal, man. Forget big names. I'm planning to win this thing with nothing but thugs and thieves. Almost.

Moby

Dick
Can see this working well with conventional draft rules as well, one normal round, one sheep round with criteria, I like this way, mixes it up a bit.
I have played a draft like that (fecking hell I've played way too many drafts. :lol: ) and yeah it's quite good. You can really experiment with that. The basis will be the same - that is you have a new criteria for every round - just that some of the rounds would be played in a sheep format while the others in snake format. The possibilities of making it more interesting are endless.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Too little too late I'm afraid. You also seem under the illusion I picked Romario several times. Nope, I always wanted him, pined for him in every draft, but only got him last time out... for a single game :( Bastard.
Really? Now I almost feel a bit sorry for him :(. Almost. I would have loved him in my team as well, you know.

Moby

Dick
The way these guys are going, more of my shortlist will will be in the banned section, even before my turn comes again!
That's how it is, the number of quality players available will decrease as the thing goes on.

That's why it is really essential to get some good quality earlier, when you have a larger pool and can easily work around the edges of the top tier and get someone who would be deemed a goldmine later on.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Anto's slow descent into madness didn't even make it past the first round this time, good to know. I might take bets on which round my line up becomes too attacking as well.

Thisistheone

I have played a draft like that (fecking hell I've played way too many drafts. :lol: ) and yeah it's quite good. You can really experiment with that. The basis will be the same - that is you have a new criteria for every round - just that some of the rounds would be played in a sheep format while the others in snake format. The possibilities of making it more interesting are endless.
Maybe mixing in what Stobz said with what Pol said before, regarding bidding for players. Lots of possibilites, like you say.

Thisistheone

Anto's slow descent into madness didn't even make it past the first round this time, good to know. I might take bets on which round my line up becomes too attacking as well.
Ah! "The all-in" could be brought out once more. You're such a maverick.

antohan

Where were you in the last draft? I played a top heavy W-W and there were no Stobs around to vote for it! :(

Moby

Dick
Would it be better if the name of the successful picks were made known at each stage aswell?
Of course it would be easier and would cut down the risk by a big fraction. Shouldn't do that though, it's one of the best things about the 3 attempt per round format.

Honestly, I couldn't have given a bigger pool to start with. So I don't know how one can not get a player in three attempts with these many players.

But then it's way too easy to comment from the outside. :D

antohan

Of course it would be easier and would cut down the risk by a big fraction. Shouldn't do that though, it's one of the best things about the 3 attempt per round format.

Honestly, I couldn't have given a bigger pool to start with. So I don't know how one can not get a player in three attempts with these many players.

Indeed, it's arguably easier than "pick any footballer" in that loads of top ones are out of scope :lol:

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129

Was just thinking the pools going to take an awful hit. 16 teams x 12, and lots of players going to be blocked in the first round never mind the carnage later on when options are even more limited. I'm easy but, was just wonderin if it would be an improvement.

Gio

★★★★★★★★
Supports
Rangers
I didn't have an obvious pick, I just wanted the striker thing out of the way, because it'll be a bloodbath later :lol:. And I'm 100% certain I get my prefered first round pick with the 3rd attempt as well - and if it's the same as yours, I happily share a sheep.
Meh, I'm sure he'll survive a few rounds yet. Unless someone wants to bugger you over.

This 3-rounds approach lends itself quite well to a speculative pick to start off with, before getting down to business in the second round.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Meh, I'm sure he'll survive a few rounds yet. Unless someone wants to bugger you over.

This 3-rounds approach lends itself quite well to a speculative pick to start off with, before getting down to business in the second round.
Are you talking about the one Anto described? I doubt anyone thought about him for the first 5 or 6 rounds, if at all, but with this crazy sheep draft thing, you never know :lol:. He's not my prefered 1st round pick, though he definitely is an option if I don't get the player I picked with my 2nd attempt.

The problem with the 3rd attempt is, that I might go for a safe option that I wanted later on anyway, just to avoid a sheep and try my luck for a big name later with another 1st or 2nd attempt. Not sure if there's a huge benefit in risking too much now, but I'll think about that tomorrow, if I have to.