g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

The First Redcafe Sheep Draft

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
They should just wait until they made up their mind, changing picks sucks :lol:. I won't do it, the key to keep my sanity in this draft is, submit my pick before Anto gets to post something and I'm pretty sure we aim for similar teams, so I'll stick with that.

Moby

Dick
All picks are in.

Also, I completely ignored the fact that I have a college to go to when I decided on the time yesterday. So that will have to change for the next round.

The two options are 1200 and 1800 UK.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
All picks are in.

Also, I completely ignored the fact that I have a college to go to when I decided on the time yesterday. So that will have to change for the next round.

The two options are 1200 and 1800 UK.
1200 but let it run till 1400 tomorrow to get back to the original timeline would be my suggestion. That way no one has a disadvantage as long as no one wants to change his pick between 1200 and 1400 today ;).

Moby

Dick
Move it to 12 GMT, 18 is too late
Yeah I think noon is fine.
1200 but let it run till 1400 tomorrow to get back to the original timeline would be my suggestion. That way no one has a disadvantage as long as no one wants to change his pick between 1200 and 1400 today ;).
Issue is I won't be at home at 1400 so won't be able to post the results. So I guess the best option is to change it today itself to noon. Everyone has sent his pick anyway.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Issue is I won't be at home at 1400 so won't be able to post the results. So I guess the best option is to change it today itself to noon. Everyone has sent his pick anyway.

Oh, I thought it's only today, not every day, yeah, then change it to noon, shouldn't be a problem.

VivaJanuzaj

Noon is cool by me.

Aldo, the second and third rounds of picking for each round doesn't have to be 24 hours right? can it be just until everybody sent their picks with a 24 hour limit?

Moby

Dick
Noon is cool by me.

Aldo, the second and third rounds of picking for each round doesn't have to be 24 hours right? can it be just until everybody sent their picks with a 24 hour limit?
As of now it is same as the initial round - that is 24 hours to accommodate the time zones. We'll see if it can be changed later if everyone agrees.

Moby

Dick
Anyway I think the sooner you guys accept the fact that this format takes longer than a normal draft the better, that's the only drawback of an otherwise entertaining system. Specially since we have time zones spanning from Uruguay to Singapore, I think it would not be easy to cut down much on the time limits.

VivaJanuzaj

Anyway I think the sooner you guys accept the fact that this format takes longer than a normal draft the better, that's the only drawback of an otherwise entertaining system. Specially since we have time zones spanning from Uruguay to Singapore, I think it would not be easy to cut down much on the time limits.
I think 24 hours for the first round is fair enough, I just think for rounds 2 & 3 of each round you can keep the 24hours time limit but if everybody sent picks you close the round, otherwise if I got my choice in round 1 it will 100% take 2 more days until I get my next pick.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
I'm excited now. I was pretty well pleased with my pick yesterday - but I'm getting edgy now. Have a feeling he ain't as safe as I presumed if people are thinking in a way they may be...er thinking. Would be hilarious if Anto has actually gone for that pick - and gets it.

Cal?

CR7 fan
Sniper was the last one, he posted right before you, sorry mate. That's why Aldo asked who you're teaming up with?
Fair enough, I took it as a question rather than a "me in"... ;)

VivaJanuzaj

I'm excited now. I was pretty well pleased with my pick yesterday - but I'm getting edgy now. Have a feeling he ain't as safe as I presumed if people are thinking in a way they may be...er thinking. Would be hilarious if Anto has actually gone for that pick - and gets it.
I can safely say that I wanted to take him too.. Did I eventually? Who knows?

This is a horrible game. 1400 can't come soon enough. But I'm sure I didn't get my player, it's just not meant to be.

Moby

Dick
I can safely say that I wanted to take him too.. Did I eventually? Who knows?

This is a horrible game. 1400 can't come soon enough. But I'm sure I didn't get my player, it's just not meant to be.
It's noon, so I will post the results in a minute.

Only 5 managers got their players. :D

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
See you tomorrow @antohan

Seriously, saying who you're going to pick after more than 10 managers already submitted their pick is a poor attempt of a mindgame :lol:
It's not mindgames. Precisely, I see a lot have already picked, bound to have picked him, so may as well inform them/you in advance.

Mindgames was just the ribbing those picking the Welsh wing wizard, the awesome Italian CBs, the midfielder with a magnet in his boots. etc. How many will pick Swansea's former manager then? 1, 2, 3...

15 is the limit.

Moby

Dick
Round 1, Pick 1 Results :

antohan - Fail (Romario)
Balu - Fail (Romario)
Thisistheone - Fail (Roy Keane)
crappycraperson - Fail (Fernando Redondo)
Chesterlestreet - Pass
VivaJanuzaj - Pass
Gio - Fail (Alessandro Nesta)
Cutch - Fail (Fernando Redondo)
Edgar Allan Pillow - Pass
Pippa - Fail (Alessandro Nesta)
Polaroid - Fail (Alessandro Nesta)
MJJ - Fail (Alessandro Nesta)
Stobzilla - Fail (Alessandro Nesta)
Jayvin - Pass
sullydnl - Fail (Roy Keane)
Snipers Breath - Pass

BANNED LIST :
Romario, Roy Keane, Fernando Redondo, Alessandro Nesta

IMPORTANT : Those who have successfully got their player, DO NOT name them here, as the ones who have failed must not know the ones who went through in their next attempt.

As a reminder : The players in the Banned List are unavailable from here on till the end of the draft. For this round and all future rounds.

Deadline for the second pick : 1200 UK time, 11 February.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
Also I hope there would be no cheating here with managers who got their picks PMing it to others in the draft.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Nestamania!

Keano I reckon - and it seems about right from what Aldo says now - was one of those players you could go for as a gamble, i.e. you gamble that everyone else thinks he's too obvious.