Television The Flash TV Series | Comic Book Stuff in Spoiler Tags Please

Sylar

They can just recast him (if needed). Cant really blame Crisis for it, just recast him and have Cisco make a joke that he looks different.

I got one ep left of Flash (but ive had one ep left for a while now)

Sylar

Crap finale. Crap season.
Just watched the final episode, and agreed.

It didnt feel anything like a finale should. It just felt like a middle of the season episode.

Theyve ruined the Flash by basically focusing away from the Flash.

Sylar

Also theyve started a storyline with Ralph and the other girl hes with (as shes been framed). If thats going to continue, it will be silly if they just continue and have Ralph disappear. (Unless they recast Ralph)

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018

It didnt feel anything like a finale should. It just felt like a middle of the season episode.

That’s the most annoying thing and probably the main reason why the quality has dropped from the earlier seasons. It’s too much going on and not enough focus on the central character.

Also they’ve made him really weak & whiny. I’m starting to get annoyed with pretty much every character.

Amir

I won't blame them at all for the season finale because it wasn't supposed to be the season finale. They couldn't film the last episode because of the virus.

RedMachine03

Poster of Articles
Also theyve started a storyline with Ralph and the other girl hes with (as shes been framed). If thats going to continue, it will be silly if they just continue and have Ralph disappear. (Unless they recast Ralph)
She was cast as a series regular for next season I think.

Sylar

She was cast as a series regular for next season I think.
I could see why, I actually liked her as a character and she had good chemistry with Ralph. I reckon they need to recast the Ralph character rather than just scrapping it. I mean he just elongates his own face, permy.

Yeah, I probably confused it with Supergirl. So, anyway, can't really blame them for how the season ended.
Maybe. But I will certainly blame them for the whole season. Its been pretty bad, almost a drag to get through. Its not fun anymore.

That’s the most annoying thing and probably the main reason why the quality has dropped from the earlier seasons. It’s too much going on and not enough focus on the central character.

Also they’ve made him really weak & whiny. I’m starting to get annoyed with pretty much every character.
Yeah, this is what became an issue for Arrow in the middle. Arrow then refocused itself (with Felicity going away)
Flash needs something similar with Iris :lol:

Amir

Yeah, this is what became an issue for Arrow in the middle. Arrow then refocused itself (with Felicity going away)
Flash needs something similar with Iris :lol:
They need to do a lot less "Team Flash" and a lot more Flash, but they seem to love this "team" idea. Over the years they have also overpopulated Supergirl with super heroes. It's like they want every show to be Legends of Tomorrow.

Sylar

They need to do a lot less "Team Flash" and a lot more Flash, but they seem to love this "team" idea. Over the years they have also overpopulated Supergirl with super heroes. It's like they want every show to be Legends of Tomorrow.
Yeah, they did this with Arrow too with the whole old team, and new team!

I dont mind when they introduce people, but they kinda need to have an end game. or if they have their own storyline (which I would prefer) it shouldnt be the main story, and it should lead up to the main story.

Eva (mirror master) villain wasnt a flash villain, but was Iris villain this season.
I think the writers get too excited by whats posted on twitter whilst the shows going on.

ha_rooney

Because one Iris wasn’t enough... bet she miraculously saves everyone on the plane too.

ha_rooney

The latest season of Iris rescuing humanity whilst Barry whinges & can’t do anything himself returns today!

Sylar

Just watched the first two episodes. It was ok. I can't take the mirror stuff with iris Seriously as they take it way to seriously.

The fun stuff is fun though. The wells bit where they enter Barry was great in the first episode

In the second, Barry getting super speed thinking and becoming almost robot like was great to watch.The focus on Barry was much needed

Big Andy

Bloke
Run, Barry, Run - to total cringe.

Not bad otherwirse, though.
In the space of an episode Iris awoke from a coma, gave Barry his speed back, did a heartfelt speech that stopped the baddie, got mirror powers that overpowered the baddie, used her powers to help the baddie and saved the day...fecking wank. Barry did feck all to help

Amir

In the space of an episode Iris awoke from a coma, gave Barry his speed back, did a heartfelt speech that stopped the baddie, got mirror powers that overpowered the baddie, used her powers to help the baddie and saved the day...fecking wank. Barry did feck all to help
He wept and got Caitlin to save her!

He didn't do much else, but when you're in Team Iris it's going to happen from time to time...

Sylar

Run, Barry, Run - to total cringe.

Not bad otherwirse, though.
Just watched this episode, it was great until iris woke up. Was still good until iris appeared to confront the big bad
Then it went to shit

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
It's the Iris West show with Team Flash costarring.

fecking joke that they practically introduce a new villain every year who's somehow faster than the Flash despite him going how he's the fastest man alive in the opening of every episode.

Sylar

I did like how they dealt with dibny after the actor was fired. Was clever

ha_rooney

Flash should just get his own spinoff show, so that this one can focus entirely on the amazing Iris for the full 40 mins.

Does anyone know when Legends of Tomorrow is back?! Thats the only CW show I enjoy anymore.

Sylar

Flash should just get his own spinoff show, so that this one can focus entirely on the amazing Iris for the full 40 mins.

Does anyone know when Legends of Tomorrow is back?! Thats the only CW show I enjoy anymore.
:lol:

Also May 2nd.

Sylar

Catching up on this and episode 4 was really well done. Focused mostly on flash (but of course main star Iris was also a focus, but her stuff didnt annoy me as it makes sense to have her trauma highlighted as they tend to gloss over the trauma of all the shit that goes down and they brush it off)

Abra was a good character, who they were developing through that episode, adding new layers and then wham, gone.
But that CGI she hulk ripoff thing, I dont even know what it was meant to represent or be? Like they might mention it (or have mentioned it already in the episodes I havent seen) but I cant figure out what that abomination is meant to be :lol: It took me out.

Sylar

So, binge watching this and have got to episode 13. 12 was Ciscos leaving episode and was really good. Itss been an ok season, I havent really been annoyed by a lot. The problem is the cast is huge now so it puts the actual main character (flash) too much in the background. It seems like they want a storyline for everybody and this results in a lot of stuff that you might not care about or not be interested in.

I see theres a season 8 coming in November. Cisco was one of thebest things about the show in terms of 'side' characters.

Sylar

Dont know if anybody else has seen this? Ive watched 14 eps and got 4 left.
I have no clue who the big bad of the season is which is weird.

Unless they just went with mini short arcs for this with the overall story being the woman who wants to take down metas but is now working with Joe?

ha_rooney

I have given up after a few episodes of this season. Iris’ magnificent ability to do everything, Barry’s constant whining & the sheer number of other characters just makes this a drag when the focus is less on Flash & more on everything else.

Legends of Tomorrow was the weakest show of the Arrowverse when it started, but it’s the only one I enjoy & still watch now.

Sylar

I have given up after a few episodes of this season. Iris’ magnificent ability to do everything, Barry’s constant whining & the sheer number of other characters just makes this a drag when the focus is less on Flash & more on everything else.

Legends of Tomorrow was the weakest show of the Arrowverse when it started, but it’s the only one I enjoy & still watch now.
You would have hated episode 13. It basically had Barry Allen in it for about 10 seconds. It was an Allegra episode though, instead of a Iris ep.

ha_rooney

You would have hated episode 13. It basically had Barry Allen in it for about 10 seconds. It was an Allegra episode though, instead of a Iris ep.
:lol: it’s just felt like a show featuring Flash rather than The Flash for the last few seasons. The drop in quality from the first couple of seasons is massive IMO.

Sylar

:lol: it’s just felt like a show featuring Flash rather than The Flash for the last few seasons. The drop in quality from the first couple of seasons is massive IMO.
So... I finished the season and the last four episodes were really really good. It felt like the first few seasons.

Which makes me even more convinced, if they would cut down from 18 eps to 10, they could have two arcs per season which would be awesome.

I dont know if you will ever watch ,but if you dont

the arc was about Godspeed and Godspeed civil war. It makes me think the writers cant do anything good unless the villain is a speedster.
But still, it focused on barry, it focused on his family, barry was the main focus of the episodes
It had people from barrys past come and show up
And the side missions with Joe or Allegra didnt really side track from the main focus, which was Barry/August/Barrys kids.

I was mainly watching for the sake of watching, but think it was ep15, where I got interested again, and focused and ended up enjoying the final four as a binge.

ha_rooney

So... I finished the season and the last four episodes were really really good. It felt like the first few seasons.

Which makes me even more convinced, if they would cut down from 18 eps to 10, they could have two arcs per season which would be awesome.

I dont know if you will ever watch ,but if you dont

the arc was about Godspeed and Godspeed civil war. It makes me think the writers cant do anything good unless the villain is a speedster.
But still, it focused on barry, it focused on his family, barry was the main focus of the episodes
It had people from barrys past come and show up
And the side missions with Joe or Allegra didnt really side track from the main focus, which was Barry/August/Barrys kids.

I was mainly watching for the sake of watching, but think it was ep15, where I got interested again, and focused and ended up enjoying the final four as a binge.
Thanks! I might give it a go once all the other series I’m currently watching have ended.

Big Andy

Bloke

I gave up on this show completely, I like the comic book shows, Arrow, Flash, LoT, etc, but I think they've run on too long. They should've been 5 series maximum shows, with more of the DC characters getting a show, like Marvel are doing.

The recent series of the Flash I watched like 5 or 6 episodes and it was all just a bit "meh". Supergirl I binned off at the end of last season. I don't know if it's just because of the COvid downtime and the seasons ending early and the big break, but I just lost all interest completely.

Sylar

I gave up on this show completely, I like the comic book shows, Arrow, Flash, LoT, etc, but I think they've run on too long. They should've been 5 series maximum shows, with more of the DC characters getting a show, like Marvel are doing.

The recent series of the Flash I watched like 5 or 6 episodes and it was all just a bit "meh". Supergirl I binned off at the end of last season. I don't know if it's just because of the COvid downtime and the seasons ending early and the big break, but I just lost all interest completely.
Covid hasn't helped for sure. I haven't watched any of Supergirl new / last season
flash I just watched and binged and basically 5 or 6 episodes are good, rest are meh. That's a third only that's good
Need to do Superman properly
Batwoman I've watched three episodes

Legends is the only one I've kept upto date on weekly as it's the best and most fun for me (from arrow verse)

Minkaro

I’m still watching it, at UK pace. It’s gotten so dull though, I’m just messing about on my phone for the majority of episodes.

I’m so sick of every episode needing some kind of cheesy pep talk between characters, like a Lifetime movie or something. At least Legends is mostly fun.

Sylar

I’m still watching it, at UK pace. It’s gotten so dull though, I’m just messing about on my phone for the majority of episodes.

I’m so sick of every episode needing some kind of cheesy pep talk between characters, like a Lifetime movie or something. At least Legends is mostly fun.
I did that :lol: Except for the last four episodes which felt like flash, but yes I agree with the pep talks. Its always the same pep talk as well.

Minkaro

I did that :lol: Except for the last four episodes which felt like flash, but yes I agree with the pep talks. Its always the same pep talk as well.
“I can’t do this”
“Yes you can”
“My apologies, I was mistaken.”