The Fourth RedCafe Sheep Draft

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
To rephrase the question above: Are players, for the purpose of this draft (or round, at least), limited to one national team (viz. the first one they were capped for) even if they have caps for several?

Example: Lothar Messadona was first capped for India, then went on to play for Brazil. I pick Brazil as my country - successfully. Nobody picks India successfully. Can I then grab Lothar? Or is he out of bounds, because he is considered to represent India and India only?

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
My understanding is you need to be India to pick Messadona.

Messadona is India only.

Ecstatic

Cutie patootie!
Supports
PsG
20 managers mean many diverging strategies so the outcome is unpredictable.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
To rephrase the question above: Are players, for the purpose of this draft (or round, at least), limited to one national team (viz. the first one they were capped for) even if they have caps for several?

Example: Lothar Messadona was first capped for India, then went on to play for Brazil. I pick Brazil as my country - successfully. Nobody picks India successfully. Can I then grab Lothar? Or is he out of bounds, because he is considered to represent India and India only?
Messadona is Indian and seems to have had a lot of curry last time I saw picks of him.

antohan

Submitted. How many more are left to submit?
So we are clear here, this draft will require an immense amount of admin legwork. It won't be run according to managers' patience.

A strict schedule has been put together which works fine for The Stain and I to coordinate and cover for each other. We will have things to throw into the mix later as special events while Picks 2 and 3 are playing out so you are entertained, but we won't be constantly chopping and changing times subject to when all picks are in.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
So we are clear here, this draft will require an immense amount of admin legwork. It won't be run according to managers' patience.

A strict schedule has been put together which works fine for The Stain and I to coordinate and cover for each other. We will have things to throw into the mix later as special events while Picks 2 and 3 are playing out so you are entertained, but we won't be constantly chopping and changing times subject to when all picks are in.
Good. I'm happy to know that we'll be going through a regular schedule. At least we won't be dealing with stuff like extra-long delays or anything like that (hopefully).

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
Good. I'm happy to know that we'll be going through a regular schedule. At least we won't be dealing with stuff like extra-long delays or anything like that (hopefully).
The deadlines are set in stone but if either of us are around when all picks are in you'll obv get longer (until the next deadline) for the next pick. If the deadlines are shit for you then get an AM (this last bit was directed at everyone).

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
I just read through the OP, and I really am looking forward to this draft. The Power Cards and Budget will make things really interesting as the draft progresses.

The Stain

Soccer Manager's Highwayman
No bids or usage of cards for R1. Consider this round a freebie (in all aspects). You're welcome.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
Very good. Bamboozle and sheep, really. Sheepoozle.

One question about the bidding: I don't get the "increments of 1M" part: You pick a player who meets the criterion, and then add a bid. And then you either land him or not - as far as I can see, you can't up your bid at any stage, since the player simply gets blocked if multiple managers enter identical (highest) bids.

ETA Nevermind, I see what you mean now: 11 or 33, not 10 or 30, etc. I just thought it involved some kind of regular outbidding process at first.

Last edited:

Skizzo

One question about the bidding: I don't get the "increments of 1M" part: You pick a player who meets the criterion, and then add a bid. And then you either land him or not - as far as I can see, you can't up your bid at any stage, since the player simply gets blocked if multiple managers enter identical (highest) bids.
Surely "Baaamboozle" is the way to go with the name

And the 1m increments just means I could bid 11m instead 10m, and wouldn't need to better your bid by the usual 5-10m amount

Or at least it's my understanding

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd

And the 1m increments just means I could bid 11m instead 10m, and wouldn't need to better your bid by the usual 5-10m amount
Yes, edited.

And yes - of course. Baaamboozle it is.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
The budget part sounds nuts. Won't that mean there is pretty much a zero possibility of sheep as it's highly unlikely 2 players bid on the same player with the same bid?

antohan

ETA Nevermind, I see what you mean now: 11 or 33, not 10 or 30, etc. I just thought it involved some kind of regular outbidding process at first.
I meant no 30.5M bids.

antohan

Or at least it's my understanding
Exactly, it's like a closed envelope single shot tender in multiples of 1M.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
The budget part sounds nuts. Won't that mean there is pretty much a zero possibility of sheep as it's highly unlikely 2 players bid on the same player with the same bid?
Hm. Yes, you've a point there. And the more specific the bids are, the less likely it is that the bids will be identical.