Television The Good Place

LARulz

Sorry if there is a thread but I couldn't find one.

Anyone watched this? It's actually brilliant. It's created by Michael Schur (The Office, Parks & Rec and Brooklyn Nine-Nine) and stars Ted Danson, Kirsten Bell & Jameela Jamil as my most recognised actors before watching.

I have basically finished all the seasons to date in about a week. It's such a clever funny show with excellent writing, acting and characters. The story is quite unique too with literally a well written twist almost every episode. The show is always a step ahead of the audience it feels which keeps it fun on top of everything.

I saw a random season 2 episode on the plane once and barely laughed as I had no idea what the feck was going on and didn't get the hype, but starting from the beginning made me realise why it was so great (despite having things ruined for me having watched what I did of season 2 already).

Unfortunately I think there is only one more season as they said they only wanted 4

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah solid show. Glad they’re ending it after the next season though cause it’d risk ending up like B99.

prateik

I watched all 3 seasons in a short span as well.. Its a good show

Thought it peaked at the end of season 1.

A premise like that cant really be stretched into too many seasons.. End it on a high..

LARulz

I watched all 3 seasons in a short span as well.. Its a good show

Thought it peaked at the end of season 1.

A premise like that cant really be stretched into too many seasons.. End it on a high..
Yeah season 1 was great. Think the third was the weakest but still good compared to everything else out there.

Despite loving the show, I agree that the premise cannot go on for ages so glad it's ending when it is.

I haven't actually watched Brooklyn nine-nine but may have to for withdrawal symptoms when I don't have this to watch and I finish Fresh Off The Boat

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I've often almost watched it. Might give it a punt now, especially with there being little new comedic content at the moment.

stepic

almost finished season 2. thought the first half of S2 was a little weak, but it's picked up now.

lsd

The Oracle
Excellent show with a great cast and Ted Danson has to be one of the best TV actors of all time at this stage

LARulz

Final season starts end of September with Netflix UK seemingly showing it day after the US. May try and hold out so can binge watch it.

Also, not exactly show related but saw this in my recommended videos after obviously having Good Place videos in my history. I genuinely think I love her:

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
Final season starts end of September with Netflix UK seemingly showing it day after the US. May try and hold out so can binge watch it.

Also, not exactly show related but saw this in my recommended videos after obviously having Good Place videos in my history. I genuinely think I love her:

I feel you. She's just pure :drool:

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah it's still decent. Some of the humour is still very good and has that subtlety to it.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Good show, enjoying this season so far. I think they’re ending it at the right time though.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Good show, enjoying this season so far. I think they’re ending it at the right time though.
Yep, there's only so many times they can reset it. Good to finish it before the quality dips.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Watched a tiny bit over one season. Loved it up until the twist. After that I think I need to see more to fall into it again as I liked the original premise. I'm sure I'll continue to like it anyway.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Jason Mantzoukas is brilliant in everything he's in as well.

Sleeping With Other People is an average film but he's hilarious in it.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Love this show, and not just because I could watch pretty much anything with Kristen Bell in.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
All caught up, brilliant show. Glad they're ending it now instead of milking it and dragging it out. Although I'd happily have taken a few more seasons of Kristen Bell :drool:

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
It's okay, the characters are never in any danger and they're all way to blase about the potential endless torture they might receive. The drama and the situations the characters find themselves in is often rehashed and represented as new so it feels very samey and formulaic. The characters are pretty good though. Janet is great, Jason too and was fun to see Adam Scott, Jason Mantzoukas and Marc Evan Jackson in their roles too.

Dante

Average bang
Just finished watching the finale. I thought it was really good.

As a self-contained comedy series it was brilliant. 4 seasons and out. I wish more shows were written that way with a defined beginning and end. I think it will go down as an all-time classic.

lsd

The Oracle
Just finished watching the finale. I thought it was really good.

As a self-contained comedy series it was brilliant. 4 seasons and out. I wish more shows were written that way with a defined beginning and end. I think it will go down as an all-time classic.

Oh you already watched it I was going to post does anyone have any predictions :lol:

Won't get to watch it till later on tonight but going to stick my neck out and say Jason will be revealed as God

Dante

Average bang
Oh you already watched it I was going to post does anyone have any predictions :lol:

Won't get to watch it till later on tonight but going to stick my neck out and say Jason will be revealed as God
:eek: Amazing guess!

Oldyella

That felt like a perfect end to the series. Wish more shows had the confidence to call it quits while they were ahead.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Really good ending to a very good show.

AaronRedDevil

just finished it. Brilliant show. Ending was perfect and pretty different way of thinking and challenge the idea of Heaven. But after that and leaving heaven is scary hah. First The Ranch and now this. I’m gonna miss these shows.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
just finished it. Brilliant show. Ending was perfect and pretty different way of thinking and challenge the idea of Heaven. But after that and leaving heaven is scary hah. First The Ranch and now this. I’m gonna miss these shows.
Was nice wasn’t it! Never thought of heaven as somewhere you could get bored of. Was nice seeing them get their sending offs.

crappycraperson

"Resident cricket authority"
Scout
The show peaked with S2 IMO. S3 was average-ish and first half of S4 was bad IMO. Overall a very well done series with a good ending.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Agreed, lost its way a bit in the middle, but S2 was genuinely amazing, and wrapped it up beautifully, in a thought-provoking way.

Rare to have a such a good-hearted show gain such popularity, somewhat nice in such bleak times!