The Halo 3 thread

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Legendary mode is solid. I completed it on normal a few days ago pretty easily, am now struggling to get past the first level on Legendary.

Whats happening with this Halo 3 contest anyhow?

SmashedHombre

Thats is a Flood level, go fetch Cortana
I read that as 'I couldn't get past the second level..'
Yeah that one got me as well to be honest. A tip- do not bother trying to kill them all they dont chase you when you go into the next room. All you really need is the energy sword and you're pretty much sorted

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Heroic is a beast as well. You kind of get a different ending with Legendary ... just a little different.

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
I read that as 'I couldn't get past the second level..'
Yeah that one got me as well to be honest. A tip- do not bother trying to kill them all they dont chase you when you go into the next room. All you really need is the energy sword and you're pretty much sorted
That worked, previously I was trying to burn them to death using the flamers scattered around the level

SmashedHombre

The last segment is fecking brilliant
The final level with the warthog? What the hell is that tentacle thing all about near the end anyway? Its like they just randomly stuck it in there and you never see it again.

Kristjan

Retired Dictator
this is possibly the best comic in recent weeks, says it all about this overhyped thingy...

Mozza

It’s Carrick you know
The final level with the warthog? What the hell is that tentacle thing all about near the end anyway? Its like they just randomly stuck it in there and you never see it again.
Yes

The tentacle is the gravemind, he's rebuilding on the Ark which is why he doesn't show up on the Halo

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Well, you only really see the gravemind in Halo 2.

pert

I'm a fan of Halo now, also slightly addicted to playing it

On the last level now...when that's done the online killing will start

Censored Username

Boo England, sell Rooney
I must say i only got this game becuase everyone else has it and would not stop playing on it on XBL. It is better than i thought and everyone should buy a xbox 360 and this game..right now (if you do not have one) Forza Halo.

Outremangeur

i just bought it today...and i suck at it.

just took me 4 or 5 tries to get to that part where you enter some crazy spaceship for the first time.

never played a shooter on a console before.
hope it gets easier with time.

the weapons confuse me.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
I am stuck on the level where you have to fly the hornet to the 2nd tower

bloody banshees screw me over after I have landed
Take everything in the air out first! Then clear a landing zone. It's the easiest way to do it. Oh, there's a skull to be found somewhere between where you take off and land. ;)

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
:D

I think that it sums it up entirely.
:D Although no Halo will ever live up to Combat Evolved (IMO), Halo 3 kicked ass. Every time I hear someone say that the game was too short, when I ask them what difficulty they played on, it's usually on Normal and sometimes on Normal with Co-op. Of course it's going to be short and easy on those difficulties. Bungie even states that to get the full force of Halo you have to atleast play on Heroic or Legendary. If you don't play on these difficulties, how can you have fun or any sense of achievement at beating the game? It's ridiculous to think that people bitch about it when they really didn't even try. I enjoyed getting my ass kicked, because it made battling from checkpoint to checkpoint that much more pleasing, grinding it out, having to use every weapon I could get my hands on because of the enemy onslaught.

I think they should have thrown out the Easy and Normal difficulties, and made Co-op harder. On Legendary Co-op with 4 players it seems to be cake. The only way to make Co-op an extreme ass-kicking beast is to turn on the Campaign Scoring with certain Skulls (i.e. the skull that gives all enemies a field promotion, the skull that makes everyone restart at the last checkpoint if anyone dies, or the skull that makes every weapon you pick up have just a small amount of ammo, making every shot count).

But, like I said, here's my review after finishing it last weekend. The storyline is extremely pleasing, and it did throw me for a loop at the end, but it eventually straightened itself out and left me smiling for a while. I'm currently going through it on Legendary by myself, trying to locate all the Skulls and all the Terminals (I think I missed 1 terminal). I just got my Spartan Officer ranking online last night, and my True Skill is 23, with 76 EXP.

All in all, the only complaint I have about the game is the cutscenes. They are definitely not up to par with other games that are out now, and I feel that Bungie focused way too much on the gameplay graphics and not on the movies. It's almost like they made the movies for Halo 2 and just tossed them in Halo 3.

Gameplay gets a 10/10 for me. Graphics get 7/10. They'd get lower if the in-game graphics weren't so good.

All in all about a 8.5 or 9/10 for me.

Viva Halo. THERE MUST BE A HALO 4. Believe.

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Have you left your house since you got it?!
Yeah ... I've only played about 175 matches. Here's a screenshot from a game last night ... 1 shot, 2 kills.

I also had another snipe on shotty snipers on the same map. The guy was across on the other side of Narrows with active camo. I popped up on a ledge, saw his name fading (couldn't see his body) and just fired off a headshot.

SmashedHombre

I've played about 12 matched. Feck knows what skill level I am, 8 I think. Didn't even know there was a level 34, seems a bit high.

Jimble

Over 65s Team Player
shot some bloke today, and he reckons he now has my social security number and knows which state I live in, and he is coming to kill me

you think I should wait in for him?

Rossi19

Tag Master
So when does Microsoft's PC/Xbox cross-platform multiplayer melarky come out? It will be fun raping you all with a keyboard and mouse.

KingEric7

Stupid Conspiracy Enthusiast Wanker
Just got this running online. It's absolutely brilliant.

Maroon Lucifer

Got it yesterday. Went home after work, put it on, and finished it before I went to bed last night.

Kind of disappointing. At times, near the end specifically, the storyline was very similar to Halo 2.

Good thing I borrowed it and didn't buy it!

USDevil

Soldier of Fortune
Got it yesterday. Went home after work, put it on, and finished it before I went to bed last night.

Kind of disappointing. At times, near the end specifically, the storyline was very similar to Halo 2.

Good thing I borrowed it and didn't buy it!
Of course it's going to be dissappointing when you beat it on Easy.