The Independent Group for Change | Have decided to disband after ten months

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Nonsense, they already admitted after they pulled it that it probably wouldn't pass anyway and that's clear to anyone following brexit proceedings.

There's too many in Labour against it and too few Tories willing to support it. I don't think you're aware of the landscape at all
It probably wouldn't pass. That doesn't mean however that it wouldn't pass if it had Labour's enthusiastic backing and they worked hard at building a compelling argument for it. Right now there has been none of that from either party, so what should be a logical alternative has somehow become some niche option. That is fecking ridiculous considering the situation, and its largely Corbyn's fault.

ZupZup

How many of these MP's do we think will do the honourable thing and trigger a by-election in their constituency?

I am going to go with zero out of seven.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
In the short-term I hope they're unapologetically pro-EU and can shift the rest of Labour there. In the long-term I can't see how they'll achieve anything the being unseated by a Tory candidate.
Some of them are popular among their constituents so they probably have room to manoeuvre. The problem is that I think they have very little possibility of moving the party. Labour isn't in government. Even before they quit, the party hardly got its way in parliament. So quitting the party is a bit pointless in that sense.
The only positive is that they can show how unabashedly pro EU they are

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
There's too many in Labour against it and too few Tories willing to support it. I don't think you're aware of the landscape at all
Oh and if anyone is not aware of the landscape, its Jeremy Corbyn. The guy supposedly running the official opposition to the weakest Tory government in recent memory, yet who just a few weeks ago was behind 41-34 in the polls because of his ineptitude.

I was pretty much fully behind his economic reform ideas, yet now I think the guy is a lying asshole who I wouldn't trust to run an office canteen let alone the country. He downright lied when he said he would follow the will of the party membership.

Smores

It probably wouldn't pass. That doesn't mean however that it wouldn't pass if it had Labour's enthusiastic backing and they worked hard at building a compelling argument for it. Right now there has been none of that from either party, so what should be a logical alternative has somehow become some niche option. That is fecking ridiculous considering the situation, and its largely Corbyn's fault.
Explain to me which MPs don't understand the argument for a second referendum? And why the peoples vote and the multiple failed amendments and limited signatories were unable to make the argument for it but Corbyn would??

Labour/Tory MPs from leave constituencies aren't u-turning their view because Corbyn repeats an argument heard to death. I really don't get how you arrive at such a simple conclusion

Smores

Imagine how dumb you have to be as a Labour MP to use Tory attack lines against your own party and hand Tories further power.

They oppose what Labour now stands for so sabotage it and get a Tory government :wenger:

Spark

Genuine question are they popular amoung their constituents ?
Luciana Berger definitely isn't. She's also not from Liverpool and was parachuted in, with strong hints of nepotism.

The others are safe, I think - Chuka especially so (Streatham is closer to the Lib Dems than Tories).

Smores

How many of these MP's do we think will do the honourable thing and trigger a by-election in their constituency?

I am going to go with zero out of seven.
Ding ding ding we have a winner

Sweet Square

ˈkämyənəst
Luciana Berger definitely isn't. She's also not from Liverpool and was parachuted in, with strong hints of nepotism.

The others are safe, I think - Chuka especially so (Streatham is closer to the Lib Dems than Tories).
Thanks.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Yet another stitch-up.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Explain to me which MPs don't understand the argument for a second referendum? And why the peoples vote and the multiple failed amendments and limited signatories were unable to make the argument for it but Corbyn would??

Labour/Tory MPs from leave constituencies aren't u-turning their view because Corbyn repeats an argument heard to death. I really don't get how you arrive at such a simple conclusion
MPs aren’t some clear thinking models of independent thought, they’re largely tribal and will adapt to the political winds of the day. If the opposition was firmly anti-Brexit then it would carry a huge amount of weight, even for MPs from Leave constituencies. They wouldn’t all go along, but many would because party loyalty is a huge thing to most of them.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Corbyn said:
The Conservative Government is bungling Brexit, while Labour has set out a unifying and credible alternative plan.
Yes Jeremy, that's exactly why Labour's polling numbers are collapsing like a Geordie at the Bigg Market at closing time..

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
So, by this logic, the country believes the Tories are actually doing a great job with Brexit and nobody wants a second referendum?
I don't get your logic, Labour aren't backing a second referendum, so the only reason to vote for them would be if they're offering a better and more trustworthy vision of the country than this joke of a Tory party. Considering just two weeks ago Labour were 7 points behind in the polls, it seems pretty clear they're not doing that.