Gaming The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Probably my favourite game ever. Hope we dont have to wait too long for a 3rd
Think it's mine too tbh. It's just pipped uncharted 3/4 for me. Naughty Dog just make amazing games.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
I'm really looking forward to Factions. They're obviously taking their time with it which would imply that it's going to be substantially bigger than the first one, and that was great. I just hope it's released relatively soon. Crazy how quiet they've been about it.

laughtersassassin

I'm really looking forward to Factions. They're obviously taking their time with it which would imply that it's going to be substantially bigger than the first one, and that was great. I just hope it's released relatively soon. Crazy how quiet they've been about it.
Looking like late 2023 or Early 2024 if I had to guess on a release date

Bobski

Part I or II?
They are both great games, in different ways.

1 has better pacing, more likeable characters and the unbeatable Ellie/Joel Dynamic, 2 has much better gameplay, but Dina.Jesse, Owen and all the surrounding cast didn't do much for me.

Ady87

Just finished it. Having played Part 1 and 2 back to back over the last month I feel a bit empty now. I should probably touch grass.

I really didn’t want to fight Abby at the end, it was painful, felt every blow.

Nearly teared up at the Ellie/Joel cut scene at the end. I wasn’t ready for Joel to go so enjoyed his cut scene features.

The stalkers gave me the heebie jeebies, little feckers.

I’m ready for more.

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Just finished it. Having played Part 1 and 2 back to back over the last month I feel a bit empty now. I should probably touch grass.

I really didn’t want to fight Abby at the end, it was painful, felt every blow.

Nearly teared up at the Ellie/Joel cut scene at the end. I wasn’t ready for Joel to go so enjoyed his cut scene features.

The stalkers gave me the heebie jeebies, little feckers.

I’m ready for more.
Stalkers were little cnuts

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Are they the ones that were in the walls and shit?
Yes.

I find the others tolerable, clickers probably the easiest to deal with but the Stalkers are cnuts. I refused to move at one point because I knew they'd jump out at me :lol:

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Sorry for the late reply but the reason I was checking was due to the back last II received and I’m currently on my second playthrough of it.

Typically I don’t like to replay games except for my all time favourites but I’ve started doing that more since many of these titles feel a whole lot better in 60fps.

I’m probably 60/70 per cent into it and I have to say that what stands out even more than it did last time is just how fantastic the gameplay is. In terms of fluid stealth+ action which both plays brilliantly and is animated near flawlessly, I don’t think there’s many out there that match it. While I acknowledge that LTOU had one of the most impactful stories In gaming, it’s gampelay was a bit average even for it’s time whereas in this one they absolutely nailed it.

The only let down for me was the last couple of hours where I thought the story lost its footing. Let’s see if I feel the same way this time around.

Also Abby is a cool character for me. I like playing as her even if nobody can touch Ellie’s voice acting IMO. The anger towards her was disappointing.

Herman Toothrot

Damn! Just finished this. Like @Ady87, I did both games back to back, playing the PC release, watching the TV series and then being taken enough to pick up a second-hand PS4 to play Part II.

What a game. Yeah, the gameplay is relatively limited, but the stealth is great, the gunplay feels realistic and the narrative is up there with RDR2.

Amazing.

I did not want to play as Abby but enjoyed that part of the game as much as the first half. I hated fighting Ellie and then later hated fighting Abby, just as you should.

It'll be fascinating to see how they translate this to the screen.

amolbhatia50k

Damn! Just finished this. Like @Ady87, I did both games back to back, playing the PC release, watching the TV series and then being taken enough to pick up a second-hand PS4 to play Part II.

What a game. Yeah, the gameplay is relatively limited, but the stealth is great, the gunplay feels realistic and the narrative is up there with RDR2.

Amazing.

I did not want to play as Abby but enjoyed that part of the game as much as the first half. I hated fighting Ellie and then later hated fighting Abby, just as you should.

The combat and gameplay is wonderful :drool: Even if it’s not diverse and inventive, it feels so crisp and satisfying.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Amazing.

The combat is so good in this game, IMO. Genuinely has some of the most fluid and tense gameplay I've experienced. And yes, the story is fantastic.

Sylar

Amazing.

Also interested in the same part. Also find it interesting that you watched the TV show in between the two games (especially getting spoilers for the second and third seasons of the show).

Herman Toothrot

The combat and gameplay is wonderful :drool: Even if it’s not diverse and inventive, it feels so crisp and satisfying.
The combat is so good in this game, IMO. Genuinely has some of the most fluid and tense gameplay I've experienced. And yes, the story is fantastic.
The combat is panic-inducing. I won't lie, for that rat king wanker I lowered the difficulty. I know the mechanics of that boss are not even that challenging, but running around in the dark with it chasing me was just too much to take. I needed it to end as I couldn't seem to remember the controls and kept fumbling it,

amolbhatia50k

The combat is panic-inducing. I won't lie, for that rat king wanker I lowered the difficulty. I know the mechanics of that boss are not even that challenging, but running around in the dark with it chasing me was just too much to take. I needed it to end as I couldn't seem to remember the controls and kept fumbling it,
Who is the rat king !?

Herman Toothrot

Also interested in the same part. Also find it interesting that you watched the TV show in between the two games (especially getting spoilers for the second and third seasons of the show).
I wanted to respect the game and play it before the show. I'm happy to go into the show knowing what happens, I think when a game has this good a narrative that it deserves to be played first.

Season 3 you say? Are they splitting part II over two seasons?

SalfordRed18

Supports
Ashwood City FC
Mate the rat king was summin else.

Don't think we'll see him on the TV show.

Sylar

I wanted to respect the game and play it before the show. I'm happy to go into the show knowing what happens, I think when a game has this good a narrative that it deserves to be played first.

Season 3 you say? Are they splitting part II over two seasons?
Nah thats fair, and i get that.

And that rat king fcker was a bitch to kill. Seemed to take forever.

caid

I thought it was an excellent game in terms of mechanics. The story just wore me out. Games hit different to movies and other stuff, I dont think i can get on board with a game that relentlessly cruel and miserable again.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
If they had saved the last two chapters as dlc and nobody was any the wiser, I don’t think anyone would have complained. It really went on too long.

I still prefer part 1

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If they had saved the last two chapters as dlc and nobody was any the wiser, I don’t think anyone would have complained. It really went on too long.

I still prefer part 1
Agreed, it really went on and on! Great game though.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Agreed, it really went on and on! Great game though.
Absolutely it’s incredible. But I was one of those that never really wanted a sequel. Part one is right up there for as one of my favourite ever so I knew a sequel would not surpass for me anyway

pacifictheme

Absolutely it’s incredible. But I was one of those that never really wanted a sequel. Part one is right up there for as one of my favourite ever so I knew a sequel would not surpass for me anyway
I think I much prefer the sequel. I think the story holds up but the gameplay is much stronger. One of the best games ever made for me.

b82REZ

Narratively Part 2 is much more interesting. Part 1 was a pretty generic zombie story, but told incredibly well.

The themes explored in Part 2 are far mature and it was very bold of them to take the direction they did. I mean it pissed off a whole lot of people, but those people will probably never play the game and understand why Joel had to die to tell a more mature story.

I'd probably place 1 above 2 as I feel 2 did start to outstay it's welcome. But as a story Part 2 is better.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout

I still prefer part 1
It’s probably my only critique of the game that it was a tad too long, but it was such an exhilarating journey. Still the most emotionally draining game I’ve ever played. When I finished I didn’t know what to do with myself.

One of the greats.

AaronRedDevil

Amazing.

Glad you enjoyed it. Its an incredible experience with a balsy ending. I felt fulfilled it was bittersweet.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
One of the few games I went and played new game plus straightway, superb

Andersons Dietician

Recently got a PS5 then saw prt1 was in the catalogue so after watching the show thought I’d give it a go. The game was alright don’t know if maybe just because I had seen the season some of the things didn’t hit but enjoyed it enough that once I had finished I had to buy prt2.

Just completed it and as a story incredible, so conflicted at many many moments.

So when it switched to Abby, I was at first kinda trying to just get through it as I was just gonna revenge kill the feck out of her, but during the story they do such a good job of making her redeemable that by the time it comes to the big confrontation you feel so attached to both didn’t want either to win.

speculation spoilers below

I wonder who they will get to play Abby and will they be able to find an actress with 18 “ inch Pythons brother!!! sitting playing jealous to feck of her arms. That wasn’t any gun show, it was a festival of gunnage.

Also the thing that happens at the start of the game. Wonder where they would fit that in a series. Feels like something they would prolong maybe ending season 2 with that.

Sylar

Recently got a PS5 then saw prt1 was in the catalogue so after watching the show thought I’d give it a go. The game was alright don’t know if maybe just because I had seen the season some of the things didn’t hit but enjoyed it enough that once I had finished I had to buy prt2.

Just completed it and as a story incredible, so conflicted at many many moments.

So when it switched to Abby, I was at first kinda trying to just get through it as I was just gonna revenge kill the feck out of her, but during the story they do such a good job of making her redeemable that by the time it comes to the big confrontation you feel so attached to both didn’t want either to win.

speculation spoilers below

I wonder who they will get to play Abby and will they be able to find an actress with 18 “ inch Pythons brother!!! sitting playing jealous to feck of her arms. That wasn’t any gun show, it was a festival of gunnage.

Also the thing that happens at the start of the game. Wonder where they would fit that in a series. Feels like something they would prolong maybe ending season 2 with that.
Imagine it's first episode of s2.:lol: