Gaming The Last of Us Part II (PS4)

Bojan11

People too focused on story.

I want proper gameplay innovation. Story and concerns about it should be secondary. I rather play a great game with a shit story than the opposite. I don’t care if the character is black, white, brown, female or trans like some people seem to fuss over, I rather worry about how the game is going to play. This is why I don’t get the cries whenever rockstar or anyone make a new game and people are begging for characters to suit their agendas.

Ainu

I want proper gameplay innovation. Story and concerns about it should be secondary. I rather play a great game with a shit story than the opposite. I don’t care if the character is black, white, brown, female or trans like some people seem to fuss over, I rather worry about how the game is going to play. This is why I don’t get the cries whenever rockstar or anyone make a new game and people are begging for characters to suit their agendas.
You're not going to get innovative gameplay from The Last of Us II, nor any other Naughty Dog game for that matter. The Last of Us didn't win universal acclaim for its gameplay. Characters are everything for this game.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
I also heard that dogs are supposed to be a real pain in the arse. They can track your scent and are very aggressive when doing so.
Yeah, that's what it makes it hard. There's apparently no way to lose the scent other than by killing the dog or moving around constantly and the environments are also consequently much bigger to allow the player to roam around.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
You're not going to get innovative gameplay from The Last of Us II, nor any other Naughty Dog game for that matter. The Last of Us didn't win universal acclaim for its gameplay. Characters are everything for this game.
I hadn't really played a game before where you had to consciously scrounge for resources and plan your progress accordingly as the ammo was so limited. In a game like Uncharted you can always blast through an enemy cell but TLOU really changed that to reflect the survival oriented world.

Ainu

I hadn't really played a game before where you had to consciously scrounge for resources and plan your progress accordingly as the ammo was so limited. In a game like Uncharted you can always blast through an enemy cell but TLOU really changed that to reflect the survival oriented world.
I'd say it was a fairly standard survival horror game combined with Uncharted's cover-based gunplay. I enjoyed it for its intensity and it looks like that will continue in part II. But it's the character development that elevated the game from just another survival horror game to one of the most loved games of all time.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling

Tbf, that was the main draw of the first game

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
It wasn't actually aimed at you, no. To be honest i didn't see what you posted until i just went back a few pages to see what you had written to understand why you would think it was aimed at you. And then i seen this:

So yeah...
So yeah what? Like I have clearly said, I'm not playing this game for a love story. That's it. Simple as that.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Because that is the main point of TLOU

I want proper gameplay innovation. Story and concerns about it should be secondary.
In some games that's true, but not in TLOU, top story added to really solid gamepley, great game.

I rather play a great game with a shit story than the opposite.
There's room for both in Naughty Dog's big hitters. I personally rate Uncharted 4 as the greatest game (just my opinion of course) of all time simply because it has a great story attached to a great game.

Maybe TLOU isn't for you?

Eriku

So yeah what? Like I have clearly said, I'm not playing this game for a love story. That's it. Simple as that.
Did you play the first one because you were hype about the story of a man who’s suffered the loss of his daughter re-connecting to that part of himself through meeting a girl named Ellie?

Why not trust Naughty Dog to get the story right, rather than getting annoyed up front?

cesc's_mullet

Get a haircut Hippy!
Supports
Arsenal
Did you play the first one because you were hype about the story of a man who’s suffered the loss of his daughter re-connecting to that part of himself through meeting a girl named Ellie?

Why not trust Naughty Dog to get the story right, rather than getting annoyed up front?
I am trusting them.

All I'm saying is I don't want a love story, it's that simple. I don't want to watch them in my action/horror movies and I don't want to have to play through one in a game. I'm still going to pay the game, it's just a personal preference is all.

From what I can see in that limited preview it seems that the love interest will get it anyway, so Ellie will be out for revenge.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Disappointing news if true. Especially when they not so long ago put on a big pr showcase with the release date.

Eriku

A delay doesn’t bother me much, if anything it shows that their primary concern is putting out a product they’re happy with.

Castia

Interesting to see if there’s ps5 support, it might be waiting a few months and getting it at launch.

Bojan11

More likely they getting the multiplayer ready because it’s weird they announce it one month and the next month after they saying it’s three month delay.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
I don’t mind the delay as long as they are improving the finishing touches so we have a complete game free of glitches & as good as it can be. Naughty Dog have always impressed me with the quality of their products & I expect nothing less this time.

And I’d much rather they do this than release a half-baked game with bugs/issues (like FIFA 20)

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
“finally rejoin Ellie”

maybe I am reading too much into it, but if they are killing Joel off I will lose my shit
Probably more to do with the fact that you play as Ellie in this game. Not to say they won't kill him off, mind.

diarm

Have no issues with the delay. My list of games I want to play grows quicker than the ones I actually get to play anyway.

Ainu

More likely they getting the multiplayer ready because it’s weird they announce it one month and the next month after they saying it’s three month delay.
Seems very unlikely to me, they wouldn't delay a single player game just to add multiplayer. It can be added with a later update if they'd really want to anyway.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Theres a free dynamic theme naughty dog have released if anyone wants it. Pretty cool as it changes from day/night depending on your time on ps4.

Runs out today so be quick.

Morpheus 7

Delayed, logistic reasons. Feck you Sony and your launch. You don't need a big marketing launch, everyone is scared enough.

AaronRedDevil

We are all stuck inside and need to play new games. Yet they delay everything. Twats! Now I'm pissed. The one game I really needed to play.

diarm

Delaying "because fans deserve a better launch" is absolute nonsense.

Delayed because they don't think a digital launch would be as profitable is more like it.