Television The Last of Us - TV Series HBO | NO GAME REFERENCES OR SPOILERS | Receives 24 Emmy nominations

Reapersoul20

Can Anderson score? No.
Christ, the condescending "be better" and all. This thread took some weird turns :lol:.

Looking forward to the next episode tomorrow! Have been trying to play the game but feck me I am old and it is difficult. I'm still behind the TV show after a number of hours. feck clickers.

Drawfull

Christ, the condescending "be better" and all. This thread took some weird turns :lol:.

Looking forward to the next episode tomorrow! Have been trying to play the game but feck me I am old and it is difficult. I'm still behind the TV show after a number of hours. feck clickers.
My Sundays are now early bed, up at 2:30am, which this series has prolonged (I was getting up super-early daily for the Aus Open tennis) but am really looking forward to a new episode tonighmorrowmorning. I must have watched the first three half a dozen times each.

At what difficulty are you struggling? I suck at games as I'm old as well yet breezed through it on easiest :cool:

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Im finding the girl who plays Ellie a little off putting and I’ve no idea why. She’s not doing a bad job acting but I’m not warming to her as Ellie.

Sweet Square

There were posts from Reddit, mentioned here, comparing to the greatest TV episodes ever, I've seen reviews from Guardian and Esquire already putting it as a "great show" and one of the "finest shows of the year" and IMDB is already rating it among the best shows of all time. Plus clearly, some posters here are really rating it so far.
Its just the newest hit in the latest round of prestige tv. It ticks all the correct boxes: gritty/serious but also “realistic”, lack of any use of colour, long shots, Terrence Malick style filter, middle class LGBT+ side storyline, self aware dialogue, vague themes about love and hope, minimalist to non existent orchestra soundtrack, etc.

Its the production process applied to tv after the popularity and critical awards of the Sopranos(Basically it’s like if the shopping brand John Lewis made tv shows or most A24 films).

Which doesn’t make it bad or good(From the clips I’ve seen, it seems like a ok show)but these things tend to follow a trend.

Last edited:

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
Its just the newest hit in the latest round of prestige tv. It ticks all the correct boxes: gritty/serious but also “realistic”, lack of any use of colour, long shots, Terrence Malick style filter, middle class LGBT+ side storyline, self aware dialogue, vague themes about love and hope, minimalist to non existent orchestra soundtrack, etc.

Its the production process applied to tv after the popularity and critical awards of the Sopranos(Basically it’s like if the shopping brand John Lewis made tv shows or most A24 films).

Which doesn’t make it bad or good(From the clips I’ve seen, it seems like a ok show)but these things tend to follow a trend.
So you haven’t watched it?

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Having never played the game I thought it was good TV. Not the best ever but more than decent. I guess it would get over-praised by American virtue signallers which is always boring but still it was a very good watch.

Sweet Square

It's pretty easy going.
Cheers. Tbh I played the games recently so I know how it’s going to likely turn out. The 15 minutes of clips I’ve watched gave me the vibe of the show(Modern HBO drama with modern zombie apocalypse aesthetics). Also there seems to be a real lack of pies.

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
The soundtrack is great.

Hopefully they drop some background on Kathleen, because it was a bit confusing. 'Nice' to see Henry and Sam make an appearance though.
I thought there were hints as to Kathleens motivations at least.

Drawfull

I thought there were hints as to Kathleens motivations at least.
If her group's members are being tipped off to FEDRA by the people on the list she read out and that's why she's pissed, that's not very... logical. I mean, they're obviously already organised - and already huge - surely FEDRA would already be aware of them and their location?

Last edited:

Stack

Leave Women's Football Alone!!!
If her group is being tipped off to FEDRA by the names on the list she read out and that's why she's pissed, that's not very logical. I mean, they're obviously already organised - and already huge - surely FEDRA would already be aware of them and their location?
There were hints at a murder of someone personal to her and also to the people she blames for it and who they are. It was why the interrogation was taking place. She is on a revenge mission for whatever was done to her.

padr81

Supports
Man City
So far I've only "defended" the show from someone who couldn't read properly and a melodramatic City supporter but ok doke.

Nah, but really, I'm not saying that anyone actually expected that I'm just having a laugh. If anything I'm the life partner who nods his head whilst their significant other talks even though I'm not really listening. Or I'm thinking about their hot sister The Wire.
I've been away all week, just read my post back and it came across terrible and assholey instead of banterish, wanna drop a quick apology. The second part of it was way outta line.

Sylar

Great episode, again. The relationship between Joel and Ellie is great stuff.

Enjoying the use of music too. The show has captured a good tense atmosphere

macheda14

If her group's members are being tipped off to FEDRA by the people on the list she read out and that's why she's pissed, that's not very... logical. I mean, they're obviously already organised - and already huge - surely FEDRA would already be aware of them and their location?
From what I understand people were giving the group up to FEDRA BEFORE they then overthrew FEDRA . Now that they've taken over they want to take revenge against anyone who did so and there are dissenters still living and hiding throughout the city.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I've been away all week, just read my post back and it came across terrible and assholey instead of banterish, wanna drop a quick apology. The second part of it was way outta line.
Boo, how dare you bring calmness and logic into the thread. You get back here and call me a cnut right now, dammit.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Boo, how dare you bring calmness and logic into the thread. You get back here and call me a cnut right now, dammit.
Given the news bout City I'm too busy calling our owners cnuts right now.

Also Pedro Pascal really phoned in the last episode.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Thought Bella was exceptional last night.

Drawfull

From what I understand people were giving the group up to FEDRA BEFORE they then overthrew FEDRA . Now that they've taken over they want to take revenge against anyone who did so and there are dissenters still living and hiding throughout the city.
Sounds plausible: I listened to the podcast and the 'inside the episode' and was none the wiser. I'm not complaining, it's the same director for the next episode so am sure it'll be made clear. They said as much in the podcast, in that they were being deliberately obtuse.

macheda14

I am not able to VPN with my Spanish HBO accou.... ah you mean seafaring.
No, I would never... Although I also feel they'll still release it globally at the same time so there are no spoilers floating out there.

nimic

something nice
Scout
As far as I know the only updated release time is for the US market. I don't watch many shows, and certainly not as they're dropping so am inexperienced as to the norms.
This was posted on HBO Max Norway's Facebook page:

Since it's all HBO Max now, I'd be surprised if it isn't the case for Spain too?

I can't check the Spanish one (https://www.facebook.com/HBOMaxES/), it just directs me to the Norwegian one automatically.

Drawfull

This was posted on HBO Max Norway's Facebook page:

Since it's all HBO Max now, I'd be surprised if it isn't the case for Spain too?

I can't check the Spanish one (https://www.facebook.com/HBOMaxES/), it just directs me to the Norwegian one automatically.
Thanks for the added link, I wouldn't have known where to start. Yes, it's showing Sabado as well, I assume at 3am. Happy days.

macheda14

Hopefully every place will get it soon like the US.

Liked what they did in 4th episode. 5 episodes are left and lot of story to cover. But on mark till now. Pity Sony other IP’s is not with HBO
There's a lot, but I think when you break up the major story beats of the game (which we wont talk about here), it's about 5 episodes.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Wow. I've heard that scarecrow joke just this morning while watching that AI-generated Seinfeld thingy. Eery.