The leaks against the manager 2023 edition

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Sports journalism has to be the worst form of journalism. It’s a space where you can get away with inventing stuff.
Politics, economics other form of journalism still has that sense of seriousness and professionalism. But sports and football especially is nonsense.

crossy1686

career ending
Talk crap.
"He said the players are not having the manager (EtH). They're not having him at all.

"By all accounts, they are disgusted by the way he treated Ronaldo - and they say Sancho is a great guy who works his socks off."

I don't know be this seems to happen a lot when on a international break. Maybe Utd players with England need to keep the talking on the fecking pitch, not running their mouths. Sir Rashford is my bet.
It’s clearly bollocks, Mitten said the other day that this isn’t the case. Feck knows who Alan Brazil has been speaking to but it sounds like a certain JLingz to me.

sugar_kane

Talk crap.
"He said the players are not having the manager (EtH). They're not having him at all.

"By all accounts, they are disgusted by the way he treated Ronaldo - and they say Sancho is a great guy who works his socks off."

I don't know be this seems to happen a lot when on a international break. Maybe Utd players with England need to keep the talking on the fecking pitch, not running their mouths. Sir Rashford is my bet.
The irony of this (made up) statement is that you can guarantee that Sancho was one of the little shitbags Ronaldo thought wasn't pulling their weight

Adebisi's Hat

Supports
who do you feckin think ?
I think that leak about the backup keeper starting had something to do with this, a hint of Tyrion in GOT telling people different things.
this crossed my mind too , its the classic trap to catch a mole. Could explain the hardening of the Sancho stance from the club and manager over the last few days.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

I think it was only yesterday I saw some report about Ratcliffe's camp being impressed by ETH. Hope that's true. I doubt this is a board level leak given that they should be busy with bigger things this week and they are about to hand the sporting reins over to someone hopefully more competent to seek competency, certainly seemingly more ambitious.

Although Arnold might be on the chopping block, along with Murtough, so maybe.

When you read about who those big name players are you see two players who were bought for twice their value, or more, and put on contracts no one in elite football would emulate, so to call them big name players is misleading. Maguire is a big name player because he went to United and was given the captaincy. That is the only reason. Sancho was promising at Dortmund, but if you view only his United spell no one in Europe would be talking about him. Ronaldo was obviously past it and toxic for the club.

I hope the new regime put a complete end to the anti-meritocracy entitlement culture.

cyberman

I think it was only yesterday I saw some report about Ratcliffe's camp being impressed by ETH. Hope that's true. I doubt this is a board level leak given that they should be busy with bigger things this week and they are about to hand the sporting reins over to someone hopefully more competent to seek competency, certainly seemingly more ambitious.

Although Arnold might be on the chopping block, along with Murtough, so maybe.

When you read about who those big name players are you see two players who were bought for twice their value, or more, and put on contracts no one in elite football would emulate, so to call them big name players is misleading. Maguire is a big name player because he went to United and was given the captaincy. That is the only reason. Sancho was promising at Dortmund, but if you view only his United spell no one in Europe would be talking about him. Ronaldo was obviously past it and toxic for the club.

I hope the new regime put a complete end to the anti-meritocracy entitlement culture.
Arnold is CEO is he not? I’m not even sure Jim has the authority to challenge him

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Arnold is CEO is he not? I’m not even sure Jim has the authority to challenge him
His name and Murtough's has been mentioned in terms of house cleaning. I assume Ratcliffe's minority stake bid is littered with caveats and contingencies, so he's in effect coming in a lot more powerful on route to becoming the majority owner. Why else would he go through this exercise? Will he enjoy it with his mates at the pub (his words)?

Murtough, like Woodward, is just a patsy. Easily expandable. And the Glazer cnuts won't need another human shield hired now that the sporting side will be all on Ratcliffe and co.

cyberman

His name and Murtough's has been mentioned in terms of house cleaning. I assume Ratcliffe's minority stake bid is littered with caveats and contingencies, so he's in effect coming in a lot more powerful on route to becoming the majority owner. Why else would he go through this exercise? Will he enjoy it with his mates at the pub (his words)?

Murtough, like Woodward, is just a patsy. Easily expandable. And the Glazer cnuts won't need another human shield hired now that the sporting side will be all on Ratcliffe and co.
Yeah but if it’s just sporting side then Jim getting to decide who CEO is wouldn’t fall under that
I hope there’s a massive clear out, nobody left behind. The fact we could have had Bellingham, Haaland, Alvarez, Mane etc for peanuts should be durable offences on their own

hobbers

Irony of making up how the squad thought Ronaldo was treated.

Ronaldo clearly detested Mason, Rashford and Sancho in particular.

justsomebloke

Yeah but if it’s just sporting side then Jim getting to decide who CEO is wouldn’t fall under that
I hope there’s a massive clear out, nobody left behind. The fact we could have had Bellingham, Haaland, Alvarez, Mane etc for peanuts should be durable offences on their own
Bellingham turned us down, I think.

Offsideagain

In any big organisation, there is tittle tattle and moaning about the Boss. Check out any coffee machine and brew room and there will be some group having a go at the Boss. None will say it to the Boss in person, well maybe Sancho, it's just the way it is. The ABU media love it and,as it's United, will amplify any rumour ten times and probably start many of them themselves. Personally, I don't get a newspaper or take much notice of all the Youtube channels with gloomy headlines. The Ineos stuff is already getting on my nerves and there is probably six weeks to go before anything is announced.

GreatDane

More and more stories are coming out about Ten Hag being "too abrupt" with players and so on.
Are the players going to sacrifice yet another manager to hide their own shortcomings?

Wazzaduke33

The club is just one big circus from top to bottom, the squad we have fur the outlay is embarrassing and the manager just isn’t good enough. It needs Ratcliffe to come in and basically start again, but expect 2-3 years more pain easily

the_cliff

Can't make this up. I thought the leaks were Lingard/Pogba/De Gea/Ronaldo.

tomaldinho1

More and more stories are coming out about Ten Hag being "too abrupt" with players and so on.
Are the players going to sacrifice yet another manager to hide their own shortcomings?
The flip side to this is, as fans, surely we hope he’s hammering them behind closed doors? The issue is we have a history as a club of upset players being able to sulk/force managers out. It’s a trend and it won’t change.

Baxquux

Can't make this up. I thought the leaks were Lingard/Pogba/De Gea/Ronaldo.
Still got Rashford there, for one, who apparently has a very cordial relationship with all but the most frothing right-wing press (and particularly if he was, perhaps, leaking a bit through surrogates or unnamed sources' on the side) ...

Ish

Lights on for Luke
“Lack of downtime”. The players in our squad really don’t like putting in a shift, do they? Like somehow running is beneath them. I’d be fairly certain that the other top 6 squads are working harder but you don’t hear any moaning, sulking or walking around on the field.

croadyman

“Lack of downtime”. The players in our squad really don’t like putting in a shift, do they? Like somehow running is beneath them. I’d be fairly certain that the other top 6 squads are working harder but you don’t hear any moaning, sulking or walking around on the field.
Yeah clearly thought that training camp was a holiday rather than preparation for the season

RedDevil@84

They want the manager to just say, go out an enjoy yourselves.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
We know it’s Rashford Sancho and possibly rent a quote Maguire right?. Rashford has pretty clearly thrown his toys out of the pram over Sancho. He stopped trying hard enough ever since Sancho got axed. He doesn’t even look fit or interested. It’s clear enough to me. I do think the manager could have handled that situation better in hindsight. There was already too much negativity around the club to go in hard like that. It should have been kept behind closed doors. It’s worse than eastenders with all the depressing stories around the team. Ye are living the dream lads. Feck sake

Irwin99

He wants the players to actually sprint and be fully committed to football? I mean, that's the death knell for any United manager with this player culture, the silly man.

big_jeffstar

Although the leak about the tour is laughable, the entire tour was, it should be about preparing for the season.. the whole tour looked like the worst preparation you could physically come up with.
they should just keep it all behind closed doors at carrington or something, nobody cares about pre-season anyway

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I worried a bit when Dyche came in about this stuff and to be fair there were a few players like Gray that weren't willing to put in the graft but you just need to let them go. It's not worth them bringing down the rest of the squad.

hobbers

If true, then we have absolutely zero culture. It’s disheartening.
The culture is make money and the football doesnt really matter.

For the players it's make money and protect your brand when the fans start calling you out by shifting it onto the manager.

croadyman

I worried a bit when Dyche came in about this stuff and to be fair there were a few players like Gray that weren't willing to put in the graft but you just need to let them go. It's not worth them bringing down the rest of the squad.
Problem is we don't know just how many this lazy attitude actually applies to

Andy Mitten said he'd heard similar during the summer. That there was a bad atmosphere during preseason, some of the players unhappy that the schedule, training, flights etc meant there was no downtime to experience the nightlife in New York and especially Vegas (which was the last game of the US tour, but we flew out early the next day).