Television The Leftovers (TV Show)

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Finished season 2 which was pretty much impeccable from start to finish. Some fantastic writing, acting and music all the way through, and some brilliant episodes (the ones focusing on Matt are invariably very good, and episode 8 was just excellent). Absolutely loved when Kevin was told he had to sing to get back home, said he didn't believe it, was asked why and he responded "cos it's stupid" :lol: His rendition of Homeward Bound was a pretty strong moment though.

Anyway, my expectations for season 3, especially knowing it's the final one, are going to be off the charts. Either they feck it up big time, or they manage to round it all off well. Can't wait.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Started this recently, it's ok but I hear it gets better so I'll stick with it. There's no real overly annoying character yet but there's a few with the potential to be. I can't not see Johnson from Peep Show when I see Wayne though, just running around half naked all the time.

Sb_16

I'd like to know how the houses in Jarden were built. They still stand.

I rarely watch any hour long series but am glad I gave this a go. Hope the final season is worth the long wait.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Finished season 2. It's a strange show in that it's addictive and good but I don't really know why. There's no real idea of where it's actually going in terms of an overall arching plot but I the same time I really like it.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Was a little late to the party on this, but I've recently caught up and it's pretty good. I feel it sometimes falls into its own trap of being too sophisticated for its own good, and in Lindelof's Lost fashion it asks as much as it confirms.

S3 looks to be confirmed as the finale and will be aired April 2017. I think that's also going to push GOT S7 to be released early in the summer.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm 8 episodes into the 1st season. I kind of like it but it's very confusing and being co-created (albeit not written) by Lindelof doesn't help alleviate my concerns because I didn't like Lost at all and like Lost this show just keep making up more questions to problems I didn't know were there and there are no answers.

This show can be brutal at times and there's surprisingly low amount of nudity considering its an HBO show and the morals are looser than in a "normal" society.

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
I'm 8 episodes into the 1st season. I kind of like it but it's very confusing and being co-created (albeit not written) by Lindelof doesn't help alleviate my concerns because I didn't like Lost at all and like Lost this show just keep making up more questions to problems I didn't know were there and there are no answers.

This show can be brutal at times and there's surprisingly low amount of nudity considering its an HBO show and the morals are looser than in a "normal" society.
I know the feeling, it's always in constant danger going full-blown Lindelofian but it does a pretty good job of answering many of the questions iirc.

Second season is better than the first also.

I like that it's way more occupied with other stuff than nudity, unlike certain other HBO shows. I definitely wouldn't mind seeing more of Margaret Qualley next season though.

Last edited:

Snow

Ecclestone is frustratingly stupid and optimistic. Those religious types always are.
probably a rapist too

R.N7

Such tagline. Wow!
Supports
a wife, three kids and Eboue
The Ecclestone character is a weird one, I wouldn't say I outright hate him but I do enjoy seeing him miserable and getting beat up. Schadenfreude and etc.

DWelbz19

Matt is great, you feckers. S1E3 is my favourite for sure.

Snow

Finished this. Never knew what was going on. I liked it though and I like that things aren't properly explained.

It bothered me that they glanced over the rape like that and went with the Stockholm syndrome angle. That son and Liv have the weakest story threads. Couldn't care less about him and she can just do what she want and everybody follows her because
She talks?

I hope next season won't be like Walking Dead season 2. Everybody stuck on a farm with the plot being some kind of love triangle and neglected kids with the occasional zombie (in this case hippie/religious nut) getting killed.

DWelbz19

Yeah, I really didn't get Liv Tyler's character either. The whole
rape arc
seems like it was solely to get Tommy's character on the same platform as the rest of the family.

Although from all the promo pictures and trailers so far, I haven't seen Tommy or Jill in any. Maybe that's a coincidence, or maybe they don't go to Australia and we see them back in Jardin or somewhere else?

Amir

I wasn't keen on season 1, but I honestly believe season 2 is one of the best I've ever seen on television.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
Almost at the end of season one, but I have to ask, is there a point to the Guilty Remnant?

DWelbz19

Almost at the end of season one, but I have to ask, is there a point to the Guilty Remnant?
I imagine you've finished now?

Still, as for a point - in what sense? To facilitate the plot of the show, yes. Their point, or purpose, is elucidated in S2, I'd say. For S1, the knock knock joke about the pencil - 'there's no point' gives us much as you need to know.

DWelbz19

S3 is getting rave reviews, btw. I can't wait.
"Excellent and sometimes gut-retching performances by Justin Theroux, Carrie , Liv Tyler, Regina King, Christopher Eccleston, Amy Brenneman, Jasmin Savoy Brown and Scott Glenn and more superb directing from the likes of Mimi Leder and Craig Zobel seemingly set the third season’s coordinates for the ethos of late-period Stanley Kubrick. The cumulative result for the final season pretty much achieves that destination, a tremendous triumph by any measure on the small or big screen. If you are a fan of one of the best dramas on TV in this era of Peak TV, get ready because Season 3 will leave you wanting even more – in the best way.

ADJUDICATOR

Supports
THE BRAVE AND THE BOLD
I imagine you've finished now?

Still, as for a point - in what sense? To facilitate the plot of the show, yes. Their point, or purpose, is elucidated in S2, I'd say. For S1, the knock knock joke about the pencil - 'there's no point' gives us much as you need to know.
Yeah, much clearer in the second season.

Man of Leisure

Threatened by women who like sex.
Started binge-watching Season 1. Just finished episode 3 and am really enjoying it so far. Wasn't expecting this first season to be so good as I've heard that the 2nd one is when it starts really taking off. Pleasantly surprised and my expectations for the rest of the season and especially season 2 are now raised even more.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
The LeftOvers season 3 has a 98 rating on Metacritic. The critics were given all episodes of the season except of the finale to review. The hype is incredible.

Ekeke

Powerful and mysterious as ever opening episode to the final season. Those are some interesting reviews, cant wait to watch the rest.