Gaming The Legend of Zelda | Earthquake: "It's actually ridiculously good, and keeps getting better." ★★★★★

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
It's an incredible game but I'm not sure about the replay-ability of it. Once you get all shrines and stuff I dunno why you'd go back and do them all again.

Adzzz

Astrophysical Genius - Hard for Grinner
Staff
It's an incredible game but I'm not sure about the replay-ability of it. Once you get all shrines and stuff I dunno why you'd go back and do them all again.
For me I just like the ambiance of the game, mucking around with the mechanics, collecting koroks. One of the most relaxing ways to spend 30 mins or an hour.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
For me I just like the ambiance of the game, mucking around with the mechanics, collecting koroks. One of the most relaxing ways to spend 30 mins or an hour.
I get you but I feel like I've way too many games I need to play and not enough time so I feel like that's a waste of my availability :lol:

Krovv

RedCafe Verified
Supports
Arsenal
Those two are great.

A link between worlds is a really good game in it's own right, but is ultimately a dumbed Zelda 3 so not as fun. If you have a switch, hopefully the remake will be better.
Don’t have Switch and won’t be getting one until games are cheaper. I wish I could afford full price Switch games. Where I live even second hand Zelda goes for $50. I’m getting A Link Between Worlds new for $16 on 3DS. :D

None of them are as good as BotW though.
I’ve played a bit of it on a friend’s Switch. Love how you can go and fight massive bosses in underpants. Truly open world.

Earthquake

Pokemon expert
I’m getting A Link Between Worlds new for $16 on 3DS. :D
Ok, that's cracking.

I’ve played a bit of it on a friend’s Switch. Love how you can go and fight massive bosses in underpants. Truly open world.
It's amazing that basically anything you want to try is pretty much possible. I mean, the moment you get the glider to pop off the intro area you can proceed to rush at the final boss. :lol:

caid

Think i might have run into one early in the game. Pretty sure he murdered me pretty fast and i never saw one again.

evil_geko

The weapon durability is so annoying I can't be bothered to play BotW anymore until I find mod or a way to solve this, I understand durability as mechanic if it is done right but it is done horrendous in this game.

Ainu

The weapon durability is so annoying I can't be bothered to play BotW anymore until I find mod or a way to solve this, I understand durability as mechanic if it is done right but it is done horrendous in this game.
It's certainly one of the more controversial things in the game, you just have to accept it for what it is. It works once you stop caring about it. Use up whatever weapons you have and you will find loads of new ones anyway.

elnorte

Freaky fly day
Hi there. I've been playing this for over a few months now. It's great. It's really just the attention to detail and little touches that make it such a brilliant experience to play.

I'm avoiding looking at the rest of the thread for fear of spoilers but had a specific question that I was hoping someone might be able to answer.

How do the stealth potions work exactly? Do you still have to enable the crouch technique in combination with them and how much of a difference do they make when used either at a low or high level?

Is it the case that when creeping up on monsters you need to ensure that you remain outside their line of sight regardless of whether your stealth level is enhanced or not?

I understand there are other items you can acquire that adds to your overall stealth abilities but I don't have any of these yet so just wanted to keep my question in the context of the current point I've reached in the game.

Ainu

Bit of a random bump but I've finally beaten Breath of the Wild, after playing for several hundred hours over the last 2 years. I feel sort of sad now. And at the same time extremely hyped for the next one, now I've finally allowed myself to watch that E3 trailer.

I've decided to fill my post-BotW void with more Zelda. Despite this being the first Zelda game I've ever played and never owning a Nintendo system before, I've become really intrigued by the Zelda lore, timelines and stuff. I'd already bought the Link's Awakening remake when it came out, so I'm playing that right now. I tried the original NES Zelda and Zelda 2 via Switch Online, but they're a bit too rough for me. However I tried out A Link to the Past yesterday and I'm finding it very playable, an significant jump from the NES games, so I'm definitely doing a full playthrough of that one. I'm also getting a used Wii U as I understand it has all of the other main Zelda titles available, either via the Virtual Console (for the N64 games) or HD versions (such as Wind Waker).

I'm going to try to make up for an entire youth worth of missed Zelda games, at 32 years old. It sounds silly but I feel like a little kid again!

b82REZ

Bit of a random bump but I've finally beaten Breath of the Wild, after playing for several hundred hours over the last 2 years. I feel sort of sad now. And at the same time extremely hyped for the next one, now I've finally allowed myself to watch that E3 trailer.

I've decided to fill my post-BotW void with more Zelda. Despite this being the first Zelda game I've ever played and never owning a Nintendo system before, I've become really intrigued by the Zelda lore, timelines and stuff. I'd already bought the Link's Awakening remake when it came out, so I'm playing that right now. I tried the original NES Zelda and Zelda 2 via Switch Online, but they're a bit too rough for me. However I tried out A Link to the Past yesterday and I'm finding it very playable, an significant jump from the NES games, so I'm definitely doing a full playthrough of that one. I'm also getting a used Wii U as I understand it has all of the other main Zelda titles available, either via the Virtual Console (for the N64 games) or HD versions (such as Wind Waker).

I'm going to try to make up for an entire youth worth of missed Zelda games, at 32 years old. It sounds silly but I feel like a little kid again!
BoTW had a similar effect on me.

Most fun I'd had playing a game since I was a kid. It completely enthralled me.

esmufc07

Brad
Scout
Gerudo Valley is the best soundtrack in any Zelda Game (FACT!) and this is a really quite wonderful version.

(Kyle Landry is quite brilliant - if you haven't heard of him check out his other stuff)

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I'm aiming to play this with so much free time. Have owned it since about several months after it came out but it never gripped me. Recently tried playing Dark Souls 3 (loved Demon Souls back in the day) but I can't get into it. Not sure what it is, hack and slash not doing it for me anymore? Maybe it's the console play which I''ve mostly stop playing. Anyone in similar shoes?

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
What was everyone's cut off point before making a beeline for Ganon?

I'm kind of stuck between wanting to finish and move on to Mario but also enjoying titting about in the word so much I don't want it to end because I'm not sure I'll come back to it any time soon.

For context I've done 96 shrines (maxed out stamina with 21 hearts), all the divine beasts, master sword, Tarrey Town, got the royal horse and Ganons horse and I've only got 2 side quests open (Royal Guards Gear and some Xenoblade one).

Is it time to pull the trigger and head to Hyrule Castle?

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
What was everyone's cut off point before making a beeline for Ganon?

I'm kind of stuck between wanting to finish and move on to Mario but also enjoying titting about in the word so much I don't want it to end because I'm not sure I'll come back to it any time soon.

For context I've done 96 shrines (maxed out stamina with 21 hearts), all the divine beasts, master sword, Tarrey Town, got the royal horse and Ganons horse and I've only got 2 side quests open (Royal Guards Gear and some Xenoblade one).

Is it time to pull the trigger and head to Hyrule Castle?
I finished all my side quests I had open and did every single shrine. Then I went for Ganon.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Just accidentally stumbled across another shrine quest funnily enough. Ok. Maybe I'll max them out too first. Plenty of maps online.
Yeah I played the first ten hours just finding shrines accidentally or whatever but once I saw a map of them I had to find every single one. Damn brain.

caid

I killed ganon after 2 or 3 divine beasts. Partly to see if I could or if he'd wipe the floor with me

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'
I found Ganon the worst part of the game, and wished I'd beaten him without killing any divine beasts. It was just too easy late-game.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Smashed it with all shrines completed. Saved Eventide for last.

Almost a perfect game. Didn't like the abundance of rain despite what Lambs says and the motion controlled shrine puzzles can feck right off.

Oh and I'd just like the option to free roam that place and chill after an epic story like that. Be nice to speak to people and revisit the castle when it's clear of Ganon etc...

9 (maybe 9.5) out of 10. Probably won't play again.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff

Almost a perfect game. Didn't like the abundance of rain despite what Lambs says and the motion controlled shrine puzzles can feck right off.

Oh and I'd just like the option to free roam that place and chill after an epic story like that. Be nice to speak to people and revisit the castle when it's clear of Ganon etc...

Yes these were hell. I swear I nearly broke my wrist trying to fecking turn everything the right way.

altodevil

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2023/2024'

Agree with everything here