The Ludo draft

Indnyc

What's everyone using to research their decade? Definitely the hardest part of the restriction that.
Look at old drafts.. I think there was a decades draft at some point

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Why a pair of dices? Ludo is normally played with one.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Only just seen this, thanks for putting my name down.

Two things I’m not quite sure on is what a sheep is (I’m Welsh, should know this:lol:) or sheep draft round, and not fully sure on the red box, the player must play with your chosen player bit.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Btw, what are restrictions on the sheep round pick @Skizzo? The ones that you have on your box?
Can see people deliberately failing the sheep round to get a decade-free pick.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Only just seen this, thanks for putting my name down.

Two things I’m not quite sure on is what a sheep is (I’m Welsh, should know this:lol:) or sheep draft round, and not fully sure on the red box, the player must play with your chosen player bit.
The four red boxes (13,26,39,52) are each part of two regions, therefore you need to fulfill both restrictions.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
But if I chose team mate and club as my two categories, 52 has nothing to do with those

Indnyc

But if I chose team mate and club as my two categories, 52 has nothing to do with those
You have to choose all 4 categories.. Club, Country, Manager, and Choice player. In addition pick a decade

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
You have to choose all 4 categories.. Club, Country, Manager, and Choice player. In addition pick a decade
Ok I misread the opening post as pick 2 of the 4 categories.
I see now it’s pick two players from each of the 4 categories. What happens once we’ve played those 8? Pick a further 1 from each category at a later mod specified time ?

Indnyc

I see now it’s pick two players from each of the 4 categories. What happens once we’ve played those 8? Pick a further 1 from each category at a later mod specified time ?
No.. The 8 players you pick are blocked..

Let’s say you start at 1.. Mod rolls the dice and you move to 10.. You are in country.. So pick a player from your chosen country and decade

Keep moving like that.. Teammate and Decade etc.

Decade rule has to be satisfied at all times..

Now if you land on red box say 13.. Here you have to pick a player born in your decade, was a teammate of your choice player, and played for your country

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Ahh right, thanks for taking the time to explain it.
So the 8 I pick and send to mods are blocked for everyone including myself for the entire draft?

Sorry for the questions but I’ve read that op over and over, I see no mention of the word blocked. I get the red box bit now and how we play around the board choosing players but these initial 2 from each category block is losing me.

harms

Shining Star of Paektu Mountain
Staff
Your picks can be, for example:
# Country (x2) - Pick players who played for the respective countries of their choice. This would be their most represented country (by appearances). If equal appearances across 2 NTs, then first played NT would be applicable.
Luxembourg and Albania

# Manager (x2) - Pick players who played for the respective managers of their choice. Played must have played at least 1 match (been on the pitch) under said manager.
David Moyes and Sam Allardyce

# Club (x2) - Pick players who played for the respective clubs of their choice. Should have made at least 1 match (on the pitch) for said club to qualify.
Coventry and Getafe

# Team Mate (x2)
Pick players who have played with or against your choice players. All choice players are banned for this draft.
Alex Buttner and Djemba Djemba

Decade 1980-1989

And then when you're on country boxes, your pick has to be someone from Luxembourg or Albania born between 1980 and 1989; on manager's — someone who played for Moyes or Allardyce born between 1980 and 1989 etc.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
Your picks can be, for example:
# Country (x2) - Pick players who played for the respective countries of their choice. This would be their most represented country (by appearances). If equal appearances across 2 NTs, then first played NT would be applicable.
Luxembourg and Albania

# Manager (x2) - Pick players who played for the respective managers of their choice. Played must have played at least 1 match (been on the pitch) under said manager.
David Moyes and Sam Allardyce

# Club (x2) - Pick players who played for the respective clubs of their choice. Should have made at least 1 match (on the pitch) for said club to qualify.
Coventry and Getafe

# Team Mate (x2)
Pick players who have played with or against your choice players. All choice players are banned for this draft.
Alex Buttner and Djemba Djemba

Decade 1980-1989

And then when you're on country boxes, your pick has to be someone from Luxembourg or Albania born between 1980 and 1989; on manager's — someone who played for Moyes or Allardyce born between 1980 and 1989 etc.
I get all that.

It’s @Indnyc on about 8 blocked players has thrown me

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
@Indnyc Ah ok I get it. Thank you.

That’s a potential 32 blocked players, plus the age restriction. I’m gonna be fecked in this draft :lol:

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
What in the world is a choice player?
I think it is not 100% clear from the OP that this only relates to the team mates area. Everyone picks two players whose team mates you are then eligible to pick when you are in the corresponding area. These players will then subsequently be banned for the rest of the draft. So in harms example Buttner and Djemba Djemba will be banned for the draft. So considering there will be 16 teams, 32 players will be banned.

oneniltothearsenal

Caf's Milton Friedman and Arse Aficionado
Scout
Supports
Brazil, Arsenal,LA Aztecs
What in the world is a choice player?
Choice, adj (slang)
A sign of approval and possibly even envy. If something is “choice,” you have made the right decision.

willhse456

This all sounds quite confusing, someone tag me when I need to do something :houllier:

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
i thought it was pretty simple but maybe i dont understand it :lol:

Regions:

# Country (x2)
- Pick players who played for the respective countries of their choice. This would be their most represented country (by appearances). If equal appearances across 2 NTs, then first played NT would be applicable.

# Team Mate (x2)

you send 2 of each via PM as well as the decade that will apply for are 4 criterias....

Indnyc

Regions:

# Country (x2)
- Pick players who played for the respective countries of their choice. This would be their most represented country (by appearances). If equal appearances across 2 NTs, then first played NT would be applicable.

# Team Mate (x2)

you send 2 of each via PM as well as the decade that will apply for are 4 criterias....
Yeah I don’t know what the confusion is.. The players can overlap as well.. So if you theoretically can pick two players and be done

willhse456

Yeah I don’t know what the confusion is.. The players can overlap as well.. So if you theoretically can pick two players and be done
So are these players that we're blocking, or players that we're building our squads around?

Edit: Nvm, think I've got it

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

Regions:

# Country (x2)

# Team Mate (x2)

I think this is where people are getting confused actually. They are reading the criteria for the box and thinking they need to send 2 players that match the criteria for each of them.

It's basically setting your own restrictions for the draft.

Pick 2 countries, when you land on those boxes you must pick players from those countries.

Pick 2 managers, when landing on those boxes they must have played under them

Pick 2 clubs, self explanatory

Pick 2 players, when landing on team mate box, players picked must have played alongside them.

Decade restriction over everything

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
How are you ever picking more than 2? The only criteria that requires players is the team mate one, the rest are countries clubs or managers

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Interestingly it seems like you don't feel confused but are actually not understanding it correctly :lol:

Edgar Allan Pillow

Ero-Sennin
Before the start of the draft, playing managers PM the mods with below:
  • 2 x Countries
  • 2 x Managers
  • 2 x Clubs
  • 2 x Players (these are "choice" players who are banned from the draft)
  • 1 x Decade
The selections are not unique and multiple managers may make the same choice.

As dice rolls and you land in box you need to pick per your choices above.

Example:

#1 - If a manager lands in Box 8, he picks a player from either of the 2 countries he has chose earlier and born within his chosen decade.

#2 - If a manager lands in Box 39 (Red Box), he picks a player that must have player for either of his 2 chosen clubs and played under either of his 2 chosen managers and born within his chosen decade.

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
What? Read that a few times and have no idea what you mean
Edit: nvm, I’ve caught up now :lol:

Indnyc

Has everybody made their submissions? I'll send mine later today

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
picking a decade is worse then a third round of a sheep draft