The Make A Fecking Sub Ole Thread

Borys

Statistics Wizard
I don't blame Ole, we looked like scoring until 60-65' and he clearly didn't want to risk seeing how aggressive Leeds were on the pitch.

el3mel

So many using the argument that today's game was pointless with Thursday night on the horizon, why then leave Bruno on for the whole game and only give VDB 5 mins when he won't be starting on Thursday
Because Bruno and Maguire seems to never get rested by Ole no matter what. He plays them all the time regardless of the game.

Shark

@NotShark
So many using the argument that today's game was pointless with Thursday night on the horizon, why then leave Bruno on for the whole game and only give VDB 5 mins when he won't be starting on Thursday
I know. It makes very little sense but people will make an excuse to come across as sensible.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Each sub was a good 10-15 minutes too late today and I do think that cost us the win. Oh well not the worst result overall but just annoying when you could immediately see the positive impact of Pogba and then Cavani.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Roma is in four days.

And the isn't that much difference between 15 minutes and half an hour.
Are they incapable of playing an extra 15 minutes? If anything the players who stunk up the majority of that game would need the additional rest
If the game is 0-0 and dead at 60 minutes, why does he think something different will happen in the next 15-20 minutes?

They've just had a week off. If anything, they could do with half hour so they aren't rusty for Roma
We’ve just had a week’s break mate and as someone said we don’t play for another 4 days now

No excusing that today

The question was what's the reason. That's the reason.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Each sub was a good 10-15 minutes too late today and I do think that cost us the win. Oh well not the worst result overall but just annoying when you could immediately see the positive impact of Pogba and then Cavani.
Yep. Van der Beek too, not fair to give a player 5 minutes to impact a game, particularly when he's unsure of his place in the squad.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Agreed. What is the bloody point in bringing a guy on after 88 minutes?

croadyman

Would.love if someone can sit him down and force him to explain why he leaves it so late.
One would almost think we aren't interested in winning the game. Fecking pissed.
We clearly weren't arsed about today and expecting a similar feel in our last 5 league games too

croadyman

Oles been good with subs since he arrived. No idea why he took so long today though. Cavani and Pogba on the bench waiting... Priority is likely Thursday and tbh it felt like we were fine with a draw. Maybe at this point it's a case of we're pretty much locked into 2nd place, might as well not go crazy and focus on Europa League?
Yeah our focus is clearly on Europa League now for the rest of this season

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Because Bruno and Maguire seems to never get rested by Ole no matter what. He plays them all the time regardless of the game.
An injured looking Rashford got 85 minutes as well. It reeks of a manager putting dressing room hierarchies above footballing considerations or his football considerations emphasizing attributes like heart and good ladness above technical ability.

Dominos

75 minutes to make a sub in a game where we were dreadful. And then he gives Cavani 5 minutes and Donny 2 minutes at the end. It really is ridiculous.

I don't have much problems with the late subs today. This game was pointless, so he probably wanted to preserve Cavani and Pogba for EL. In this match and this match only, I won't complain.
The mental gymnastics people will use to justify these decisions bemuses me.

Why do only Pogba and Cavani need preserving? Why run Rashford, Bruno and Greenwood into the ground also instead of sharing the game time with Cavani/Pogba? And why only give Donny 2 minutes?

And if you're that worried about Pogba/Cavani, don't bring them on at all. What's the point in giving Cavani 5 minutes? If you want him to win the game for you then give him enough time to actually make an impact, or don't bother.

croadyman

75 minutes to make a sub in a game where we were dreadful. And then he gives Cavani 5 minutes and Donny 2 minutes at the end. It really is ridiculous.

Why do only Pogba and Cavani need preserving? Why run Rashford, Bruno and Greenwood into the ground also instead of sharing the game time with Cavani/Pogba? And why only give Donny 2 minutes?

And if you're that worried about Pogba/Cavani, don't bring them on at all. What's the point in giving Cavani 5 minutes? If you want him to win the game for you then give him enough time to actually make an impact, or don't bother.
Absolutely nailed it perfectly

Luffy

Gomu Gomu
The gaffer told him "someday you will be the man
And you will be the leader if all goes to plan
Many people coming from miles around
To see you play your passes while min Son goes down
Maybe someday your name will be in lights
Saying "Donny’s in midfield tonight”

Go go
Go Donny go go
Go Donny go go
Go Donny go go
Go Donny go go
Donny be good

el3mel

Nah. Everyone knows my opinion on Ole and his subs management I believe. Search my posts in this thread or his performance one and you'll see me slaughtering him ton of times for it. I just couldn't get arsed about today's game to be honest. It's really a pointless game and losing 2 points in it wasn't much of a deal. He probably thought the same and wasn't arsed to bring on Cavani and Pogba earlier. As for Bruno I said above him and Maguire seems to be out of the resting equation for Ole. He plays them no matter what in almost every game. You can also say Rashford gets similar treatment.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
We clearly weren't arsed about today and expecting a similar feel in our last 5 league games too
BS. That's just an excuse. These guys are professionals. They want to win all they time. At least they should do. We played badly today. Simple.

hobbers

There is zero difference in terms of how rested players are for Thursday if they play 15 minutes or 30 minutes from the bench. Or in Cavani's case a baffling 5 minutes, instead of 15-25.

Pogba and Cavani are not going to be one iota fitter for Thursday for having these pointlessly short cameos.

On the flipside, playing Rashford for 86 minutes, Greenwood and Bruno for the full game, rather than taking one or two of them off at 60-65 minutes IS going to have an impact on their recovery for Thursday. Rashford is still obviously carrying an injury and Greenwood was flagging badly after an hour.

It was just shit in game management today, there's no excuse for it.

Seven Seas Sardines

Thing is that our entire coaching staff only has SAF to model themselves after and he was no tactician.

The make a wish foundation obviously have no clue how to coach or relay tactics and changes to our manager who in turn is just as poor himself. Ole really should have Phelan's role as a cuddly uncle while the rest should be nowhere near the coaching team.

Carrick and McKenna on the sidelines look like two mute brothers embarrassed to be recognised in public with their baby-faced dad. I can only imagine how dull it must be to be coached by them.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Thing is that our entire coaching staff only has SAF to model themselves after and he was no tactician.

The make a wish foundation obviously have no clue how to coach or relay tactics and changes to our manager who in turn is just as poor himself. Ole really should have Phelan's role as a cuddly uncle while the rest should be nowhere near the coaching team.

Carrick and McKenna on the sidelines look like two mute brothers embarrassed to be recognised in public with their baby-faced dad. I can only imagine how dull it must be to be coached by them.
The hyperbole is strong in this one

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'

:lol:

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I've turned to a fan of Ole over the start of this season but the lack of subs still makes me a bit mad.

Is there anyway a question can be asked of him why exactly does he not make subs until the end of the match?

Surely with all the interviews and social media this must not be too hard?

hungrywing

If you walked into a sub place and ordered "The Ole", what would be in it. Would your order ever be filled. Would Ole himself be behind the counter. What would he make you if you told him to make a fecking sub.

shahzy

Not just subs, surely if the game is a 'dead rubber' in his eyes he has to utilise his squad? Whats the reason of playing Bruno and Rashford for so long. Donny hardly plays and even if you dont fancy him as a coach, if you believe the game to be a dead rubber wouldnt you play a guy you dont play much and rest the other guys. Bruno to me looks massively fatigued. hes been played so much that he has been run into the ground. His productivity has gone down massively too because of that.

arnie_ni

Praying for a half time sub.

Hook McT for greenwood, move rash to the left, pogba central.

stw2022

He’s pulling him off but generally why he so poor in managing knocks. Fernandes played into ground each season. Rashfords looks out of sorts for months but barely has missed any football.

We don’t take care of our players, we play them until they’re injured and even then a little bit more

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Ole: "those that don't start the final have the right to be disappointed but they'll have the chance to influence the game from the bench"

*proceeds to make a grand total of 0 subs in 90 minutes*

El Zoido

Ole: "those that don't start the final have the right to be disappointed but they'll have the chance to influence the game from the bench"

We were clearly the better team, why bring a sub on and make the team worse. Nobody is short of energy.

TheGame

To be fair not sure who apart from maybe Mason you would take off. Everyone playing well. Maybe Telles for Shaw as well.

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
Smart decision. Now he can bring in 3 fresh subs in ET and stretch Villarreal.