The 'Manchester Is Blue' Thread

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
Surely the bass drum thumping superfan from their title celebration video was there?

I find it odd that the cameras have never picked him out in the crowd, he comes across like a bit of a character.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Fernandinho was bad. I expect that Pep will buy new midfielder for 70 mil in december.

Last edited:

FujiVice

Goes back to the age old question - are City really all that or has the Premiership been really shit recently?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Goes back to the age old question - are City really all that or has the Premiership been really shit recently?
We're a top side with KDB and Aguero, without we are not all that but still decent. Tonight was a kick in the arse that we deserved because we've started this season with an attitude like we only have to turn up and we'll win. This has shades of Pelligrini's second season all over it.
Liverpool made the CL final last year (albeit with a nice draw) so I'd say the PL is still pretty good.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Those empty seats are shocking for a CL game. The sort of non-attendance you’d get in a severe blizzard.

Neo_Mufc

Those empty seats are shocking for a CL game. The sort of non-attendance you’d get in a severe blizzard.
Even with UEFA taking up a few rows behind each goal they still can't sell out at the Etihad.

Yeh the City's blue :lol::lol::lol:

RedB4ndiT

Incredible scene to have so many empty seats in your first CL game of the season.

I'm not sure why they are the favorites when Barcelona is in the competition and Pep still has no answers for Liverpool.

JamiePollocksOG

Supports
Manchester City
What a day to join this site :lol:
Utterly embarrassing performance that has to be said first.
Im one of those fans that couldn't give a rats arse about the CL and the corruption behind it. Dont get me wrong, a trophy is a trophy.
That said still a dire team effort for our team that probably has the easiest group this year.

Tyrion

Let's not kid ourselves, they're obviously in the top 5 in Europe regardless of the result tonight (assuming they're not going to dip after winning the league as other sides have). Whether they can beat Barca, Real, Juventus or Bayern is definitely up for question though even if they are at their best.

Incredible scene to have so many empty seats in your first CL game of the season.

I'm not sure why they are the favorites when Barcelona is in the competition and Pep still has no answers for Liverpool.
Good point. Pep doesn't seem to do compromise and is never going to be more pragmatic against Liverpool so if they get City and they play well, City look like they're screwed.

JamiePollocksOG

Supports
Manchester City

I think its a bit more than that. It's Klopp. He had his number at Dortmund too

Tyrion

We're a top side with KDB and Aguero, without we are not all that but still decent. Tonight was a kick in the arse that we deserved because we've started this season with an attitude like we only have to turn up and we'll win. This has shades of Pelligrini's second season all over it.
Liverpool made the CL final last year (albeit with a nice draw) so I'd say the PL is still pretty good.
To be fair, the best team in Liverpool's group was Sevilla and in the knockout rounds, they played Roma, Porto and City. Aside from City, they didn't play a single team any of the top 4 in England wouldn't be expected to beat. Their draw wasn't nice as much as it was a shortcut. Real got Bayern, Juventus, PSG, Dortmund and Spurs. I still don't think any English side has earned the right to be seen as the best in Europe since United about 10 years ago so whether the PL is pretty good is debatable.

JamiePollocksOG

Supports
Manchester City
Mom’s spaghettihad

Why exactly are they booing the CL anthem anyway?
Its to do with the fines that UEFA have given to City compared to what others teams have received.

If my memory serves me correctly against Porto under Mancini we arribed on the pitch 30 secs late for the 2nd half. Rules are rules, i get that but the punishment has to fit the crime.

I believe it was either Balotelli or Yaya that was racially abused during a CL game and our fine for being 30secs late onto a pitch exceeded that of racial abuse. Something i think we can all agree is morally wrong.

The real problem came during the CSKA game though. Uefa held back until City fans had booked hotels, flights etc for this CL tie before they let those fans, who had soent their hard earned cash to watch City, that the game would be played behind closed doors.

Not only did that cause a grievance between most City fans but CSKA fans still got inside the stadium sat in the Uefa delegates seats.

After the continued moving of goalposts on FFP too that has stopped other teams winning the lottery like happened to us. Doesn't break any laws but is highly immoral.

Plenty of other examples i could use but I've just touched on some of the main points. Hence me attitude towards the CL.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
How can a club that have so much going for them have such shit fans?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Because some sort of uefa conspiracy which constantly punishes this fantastic and completely organically assembled squad.
Not even close but good try.

The booing started over City fans being banned from an away game with CSKA on short notice because of CSKA being crowd issues. Game was ordered to be playing behind closed doors. Many City fans had bought tickets and travel was paid, with no travel refunds. Then the match goes ahead and there are about 500 CSKA fans in the stadium, City fans started booing at the next game, UEFA got offended and fined the club and the fans decided to boo harder and longer.

On a side note attendance tonight was fecking horrible and I wish we would stop the booing.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Do the PSG fans boo? They have been fecked twice by UEFA.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Do the PSG fans boo? They have been fecked twice by UEFA.
They were rightly done for FFP as were we, but thats not why our fans boo. I posted above as to why. It's stupid though and I wish they'd stop.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
RAWK said:
Things are that bad with filling seats, they've even asked Guardiola to sit in the stands to make the number up.

VJ1762

The city is yours,
The city is yours,
20,000 empty seats,
are you f***in sure?

SER19

Disgrace. This is a club for whos fans the thought of champions league ten years ago was nothing bit fantasy. Now the group stages arent worth attending and quarters last year was a failure. This is why when they win it it totally cheapens the competition. Its a shame.

Djemba-Djemba

They fill their stadium once a year when Utd turn up.

At least the myth that Manchester has more City fans than Utd seems to have died out. They've got a squad of world class talent, they've played some of the best football England has ever seen in the last 12 months and they still play to thousands of empty seats every week.

TheeAma

Supports
Chelsea

At least the myth that Manchester has more City fans than Utd seems to have died out. They've got a squad of world class talent, they've played some of the best football England has ever seen in the last 12 months and they still play to thousands of empty seats every week.
Definition of plastic, And people called Chelsea plastic. Atleast our fans show up home and away.

Rolandofgilead

Trigger Happy Priest Killer
Scout
Supports
Weymouth
it just shows that high press beats them. it was the same for peps Barca. press them high and don't let them pass you to death and you can hurt them. Liverpool showed it several times last season, we showed it in the second half at the council house last year. Sit off them and put players behind the ball and they will pass you to death, press high and fast and they will make mistakes, rush passes etc.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
I find it quite incredible especially given how they play, that they still have 15k and more empty seats in their stadium. United fans had to endure Moyes, LvG and Mourinho and still the stadium is jam packed.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It's disgraceful. You would have thought that they were playing Scunthorpe instead of a CL match. Never seen this many empty seats since the Wenger's year of protest.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
Oh, how we were ridiculed for laughing at them when they announced they were expanding the stadium a few seasons ago and now here we are.

Pitiful little club.

Trizy

How many of those home tickets are actually picked up by United fans, though? I know if I lived in Manchester I'd try get a ticket to that game, wouldn't give a feck what end I was in.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany
Lyon was the most attractive opponent of the group. Will they even get over 30k when Shaktar and Hoffenheim come to town? Serious question, how many of their fans will buy tickets to watch those teams?