Film The Matrix Resurrections

dumbo

Don't Just Fly…Soar!
Scout
It's overdue an update. Since the last film Elon Musk has made groundbreaking philosophical and technological advances that'll have huge implications on the series.

Hope they remake 20 Billion Leagues Under the Sea next for the same reasons.

Stookie

Nurse bell end
1st matrix blew my mind, I did watch it coming down off an acid trip though. 2nd one was ok, entertaining enough bu the 3rd let the trilogy down in my opinion. Didn’t they have different directors for each film though? And that’s why each one was different from the rest? Or have I imagined that?

robinamicrowave

Wanted to be bran, ended up being littlefinger
Supports
Man City
He didn't mean it. He's looking forward to the film.

But they really should do other things. This is likely to be absolute garbage.
I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it. I saw the first Matrix and thought it was alright, but I haven't seen 2 or 3. I guess the prospect of a fourth feels a little different to the seemingly bottomless pit of remakes and reboots we're currently falling into, at least to me anyway. Since Matrix 3, as we all know, the Wachowskis have both come out as transgender, and a lot of people have rightly gone back to analyse the original films for metaphors and messages about identity and queerness that we missed the first time around. Maybe now they're - for want of a better term - unburdened by that secret, the 4th might have something interesting to say about what being transgender is once everybody's aware? Films are more than their messages, of course, but messages do make things interesting at the very least.

Redlambs

Creator of the Caftards comics
Officially the best poker player on RAWK.
I wouldn't say I'm looking forward to it. I saw the first Matrix and thought it was alright, but I haven't seen 2 or 3. I guess the prospect of a fourth feels a little different to the seemingly bottomless pit of remakes and reboots we're currently falling into, at least to me anyway. Since Matrix 3, as we all know, the Wachowskis have both come out as transgender, and a lot of people have rightly gone back to analyse the original films for metaphors and messages about identity and queerness that we missed the first time around. Maybe now they're - for want of a better term - unburdened by that secret, the 4th might have something interesting to say about what being transgender is once everybody's aware? Films are more than their messages, of course, but messages do make things interesting at the very least.
Yeah, I'm kind of with you on that mate. It depends if they actually make the messages clever and interesting this time, rather than jumbled and shoehorned in like before.

That being said, it is hard in the days of nostalgia to see it as anything other than a cash grab. Especially with only one of them directing it, thay suggests the other one didn't like the idea.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
Iv always found them as emo films and while the first one was good both sequels were absolute boring garbage .

One thing puzzling me about a new one now 20 years later how will they explain how they all aged bar Keanu?
He's The One.

That's all the explanation they need.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
The Matrix was a good movie because it was 'original'.It was different and innovative in it's substance and style. The sequels can never be that. Trying to replicate originality defeats the purpose. That's why the sequels sucked and any new sequel/prequel is doomed.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
The Matrix was a good movie because it was 'original'.It was different and innovative in it's substance and style. The sequels can never be that. Trying to replicate originality defeats the purpose. That's why the sequels sucked and any new sequel/prequel is doomed.
I don't think that's true, yes the Original had awesome fight scenes the story like was what made it, it was a real rabbi hole of a movie that made you think, 2 and 3 were confused with no real carry through from the first.

Jaqen H'ghar

I can't drive...55
I don't think that's true, yes the Original had awesome fight scenes the story like was what made it, it was a real rabbi hole of a movie that made you think, 2 and 3 were confused with no real carry through from the first.
Two tried to build on the original both in story and style. Three was a bit different. Where both sequels fell short was the 'rabbit hole' element, already done in the original with not much to add in the sequels. Also the over the top fight scenes, cinematography with the slo mo rotating scenes etc. had been done to death by almost every other action movie that came out between the original Matrix and the Matrix Reloaded.

The Matrix Revolutions, I think due to poor reception of Reloaded, gave up on trying to replicate the original and tried to be different. The sharp suits and trendy sunglasses replaced by shabby clothing, and more war movie than martial arts.

Anyway, I'm not looking forward to this. I wish Hollywood would take more risks with fresh ideas rather than this risk averse sequel/prequel approach that's been the trend.

Revan

Assumptionman
I actually enjoyed the Matrix Reloaded, while not as good as the first movie (which is my favourite movie ever), I thought it was pretty good. Revolutions was a bad movie though.

Still, I am quite excited about this.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
I often have nightmares where I’m stuck at a dinner party next to someone trying very earnestly to explain to me why the Matrix sequels are actually really deep and important.

It’s my own personal version of hell.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
This is going to be dreadful, isn't it?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
I often have nightmares where I’m stuck at a dinner party next to someone trying very earnestly to explain to me why the Matrix sequels are actually really deep and important.

you can reply with your opinion on the star war

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout

How about being stuck between such a person and a Star Wars fan?

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
Iam not sure
that a fourthmovie
after bothsequels sucked
is agoodidea

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Ooh. Colour me excited.

Just a crying shame that red pills are now synonymous with thousands of utter tools.
Innit. The American Talk-Radio right will never stop ruining good things.

At least we can laugh as their heads explode when they find out that their favourite pop-culture thing is written and directed by two trans women.

Zen

Keanu still rocking his coasting through life look I see.... it worked for John Wick I guess.