The media-pedalled notion that we should drop Ronaldo

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
This is literally zero to do with Ronaldo. We have had no control of this game and our defence is a shambles. Our midfield is shockingly bad and Bruno appears pissed. He’s all over the place and it isn’t an exception. He lacks the control needed in his game to help the team, we could be 3 down due to his rashness and his possession stats are way too low for a team of uniteds standing. Your obsession with blaming Ronaldo is bizarre.
Your obsession with Ronaldo is bizarre.

You literally blame every single player except the player who doesn't do anything.

He doesn't stay centrally as a central striker. Not a problem to you. He is seen on the left.

He is seen with no pressing, with a cigar in his mouth. Nothing from you.

The opposition counter attack starts and he is on the other side of the pitch.

No passing. No interlinking.

Just crap all and I'M the one with the obsession :lol:

You just see absolutely nothing wrong with him just because he can score a goal, just a poacher and nothing else anymore.

cyberman

Ronaldo is moving to get the ball and get involved because we are shit at progressing it forward. He’s the least of our problems.

Bebestation

It’s not the cause of the issues we are seeing, we’ve had like 2 shots at goal, we aren’t even progressing the ball through the pitch, how Ronaldo is effecting that is negligible really.

In a cohesive attacking team he does what he does better than anybody, put it in the net.
It's because Watford are feeling no pressure from the top, they are picking and chooses the passes like every other team did and cutting through us because as soon as Ronaldo is doing nothing, Bruno is all over the place leaving a 2 man midfield for the whole of Watford to target.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
Your obsession with Ronaldo is bizarre.

You literally blame every single player except the player who doesn't do anything.

He doesn't doesn't stay centrally. Not a problem to you. He is seen on the left.

He is seen with no pressing, with a cigar in his mouth. Nothing from you.

The opposition counter attack starts and he is on the other side of the pitch.

No passing. No interlinking.

Just crap all and I'M the one with the obsession :lol:

You just see absolutely nothing wrong with him just because he can score a goal, just a poacher and nothing else anymore.
I’ve not said anything about Ronaldo at all really I don’t think? The whole team has been shocking and your pining the blame firmly on one player. While someone like Bruno looks pissed and has been a liability. One pass aside.

Bebestation

I’ve not said anything about Ronaldo at all really I don’t think? The whole team has been shocking and your pining the blame firmly on one player. While someone like Bruno looks pissed and has been a liability. One pass aside.
And tell me what Ronaldo has done? Has he made a pass? Has he made a run? Has he held the ball at all? Has he pressed?

Literally he will score and I don't doubt his ability for this but this is Ruud Van Nistlerooy in front of a different type of football players in Rashford, Sancho and Bruno fernandes.

RUCK4444

It's because Watford are feeling no pressure from the top, they are picking and chooses the passes like every other team did and cutting through us because as soon as Ronaldo is doing nothing, Bruno is all over the place leaving a 2 man midfield for the whole of Watford to target.
On the bolded, Bruno needs reigning in, or dropping for a midfield three so we can FINALLY gain some fecking controller possession (we haven’t had that all season.)

Ronaldo needs to be told to play centrally, he’s drifting to get involved and rotate with Rashford.

Again though, he’s the least of the issues really. We need to play cohesive football and get up the pitch before we start blaming him as the primary issue.

Jeppers7

Pogfamily Mafia
And tell me what Ronaldo has done? Has he made a pass? Has he made a run? Has he held the ball at all? Has he pressed?

Literally he will score and I don't doubt his ability for this but this is Ruud Van Nistlerooy in front of a different type of football players in Rashford, Sancho and Bruno fernandes.
Tell me what anybody has done. It’s been a shambles. But this is really about your obsession with Bruno and trying to blame his terrible performances on Ronaldo

Bebestation

Martial has come on as a striker and Ronaldo has gone to LW.

Right,
so his inability to do things upfront byhimself has been seen because he was never a Striker. He was a inverted LW and that's his best position. Now he will be better.

Bebestation

Lovely performance. Chances missed, can't even stay onside anymore when it matters even though he is saving his breath by not running to make a press or defend at all. No hold up play.

Only time he was useful was when Martial was central and Ronaldo moved back to his natural LW position and headed an assist.

Enjoy!!

:lol:

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If people think United will be better without Ronaldo, they should just re-watch tonight's cup tie with Villa. If he's the problem then you have to ask what the hell is the question.

TheRedDevil2019

Those rats leaking stories got their wishes tonight and failed the audition. We looked toothless up top.

Generally poor from all concerned. I'd go with Cavani and CR7 this weekend.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
If people think United will be better without Ronaldo, they should just re-watch tonight's cup tie with Villa. If he's the problem then you have to ask what the hell is the question.
Please start with Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho as front three next game. That's what the fans want.

sugar_kane

We were pretty average tonight, but still more watchable than with Ronaldo.

moses

Can't We Just Be Nice?
Staff
Lads if tonight showed anything it's that it's not about any one player. One way or another. We were awful but at no point was it screaming for Ronaldo.

Djemba-Djemba

I think overall Ronaldo's performances have been poor, even though he's still scored at a good rate, so it's not even like I'm passionately defending him.

But he's clearly not the big issue with the team, and if he had played tonight he'd have at least attempted to get to that rebound from the Greenwood shot.

Unlike Rashford who didn't give a shit.

Withnail

Those rats leaking stories got their wishes tonight and failed the audition. We looked toothless up top.

Generally poor from all concerned. I'd go with Cavani and CR7 this weekend.
I don't want to see two up top in a 442 or 4222.

If we are to play 4222 put Bruno at CF with Ronaldo but give him a bit of a free role. He's wasted in the CM or AM/Winger roles.

sancho1983

Anyone with half a brain could see he wasn't the problem. The complete inability to control a game, work rate of the ball, pass the ball, build from the back etc are the big issues.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I would very happily sign a first-choice CF in the summer, switch to a single striker formation and bench/ditch Ronaldo.

But as it stands I don't see what alternative to Ronaldo we have who we could confidently say would improve the side either. If others were playing well and putting his place under pressure then absolutely opt for them, but they're not.

The United

Well, he is taking all the goals from the rest of the team apparently. But it is more like the rest of teams can't score and he is someone who does decently with his chances.

I mean you could flip it like that this season at times.

Eddy_JukeZ

People who think taking out Ronaldo improves the rest of the team = the same people who thought if Ole had a world class DM, everything would be okay.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Well, he is taking all the goals from the rest of the team apparently. But it is more like the rest of teams can't score and he is someone who does decently with his chances.

I mean you could flip it like that this season at times.
It doesn't fit the narrative that he missed lots of chances provided by the team, he doesn't press thus hold back the team blah blah blah. Of course he shot 99 times in a game and takes all the goals away from rashford, sancho and greenwood.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
The club is rotten. We dont have the technicallity to control games. Compare ronaldos mf at Madrid where they would just dominate the play to ours. Chalk and cheese.

redshaw

It's a red herring, the team behind him hasn't been functioning all season. He came here sharp and was delivering on scraps and kept our sorry "team" in the CL.

I do think he's gassed a bit. He's not been right since he made that long run at the end of a game recently and tightened up. Really did overdo it for a so called player that doesn't do anything. Would be good actually if he didn't run the length of the pitch at full pelt in the last few minutes. So yes at this moment he needs to play less and recover but this madness of some lack of pressures is so silly and our game is falling apart because of it. No Ronaldo tonight yet we get dominated by Villa at home and play as poor as ever, the team is playing so poorly throughout and has been for a long while. You'd also expect a reaction from what's gone on the last two weeks but not even that.

A central striker will get bypassed most of the time, it's up to the rest to really press and provide and actually in many matches he has tried and even dropping back. I was at the Villa league match we lost one nil, he was the only one trying to fight back and win headers and lead by example as he could see no one was trying behind him.

If he's done anything it's probably off the pitch and upset a few players in their comfort zone or upset a clique. The Madrid team worked hard to provide him the goals, they didn't get upset at his mega wages or big head speeches. He's still one of the best finishers in the game, our sorry bunch of players should be thrilled to have him and go one better. People forget how little Martial or Rashford did up top and fluff so many chances while not pressing. Suddenly it's all Ronaldo's fault yet the whole team is awful this season. I hope the media narrative early on this season of Ronadlo's lack of press/pressures which is probably driven by some of them upset Ronnie didn't end up at City has not go into the heads of our players. It really should make you respect the Madrid teams that were often said to be carried by Ronaldo when really it's a two way street.

MrSingh2002

I preferred it tonight without Ronaldo.

More closing down of defenders.

The first 30 mins was about as good as we've played this season.

Shame about the other 60 but something to take into the next game atleast.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
right now it’s cavani or ronaldo for me, not both.

they cannot play together unless we’re easily dominating the match

MrSingh2002

right now it’s cavani or ronaldo for me, not both.

they cannot play together unless we’re easily dominating the match
Yep. Cavani it is.

A rested Ronaldo might be abit better but I don't want to see two mid to late 30s strikers playing together.

We need legs and speed more.

matsdf

Even less of a goal threat without him. He should start in my opinion, he's not the problem.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Lads if tonight showed anything it's that it's not about any one player. One way or another. We were awful but at no point was it screaming for Ronaldo.
Yup, it's a team wide issue, there is no one or two players at fault. Our defense still has issues, our midfield is easy to bypass and our entire forward line is struggling.

We're back to De Gea being player of the season.