The MMA thread

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Poirier v Connor trilogy in summer. Don't really see the point of it apart from massaging McGregor's ego.

JP77

True. The fans lose I guess.
Not sure how? The one a few weeks back was a really good fight. Don’t see why this one won’t be as well and Conor is a threat so it’s not a one sided fight that’s not worth watching. Just enjoy it for what it is, two really good fighters going at it, what’s not to like and enjoy? Fans get a bit too caught up in all the politics nowadays.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
I'm bored of Conor's schtik and the endless excuses [by him and his fanboys] when things don't go his way, but even then, if he actually was to competently prepare for the fight [and not completely blindsided by fecking leg kicks for example] it would make a good event.

It's a shame Edwards has pretty much faded in to irrelevance the way he has. Almost 2 years since he last fought.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Not sure how? The one a few weeks back was a really good fight. Don’t see why this one won’t be as well and Conor is a threat so it’s not a one sided fight that’s not worth watching. Just enjoy it for what it is, two really good fighters going at it, what’s not to like and enjoy? Fans get a bit too caught up in all the politics nowadays.
It's a meaningless fight in a division where there is so much potential.

Poirier should be fighting for the title and McGregor should be fighting Ferguson or Gaethje.

Instead we get this rematch, which has zero relevance.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Nate Diaz just needs to shut up, calling Poirier a company bitch for giving McGregor the rematch when he himself did the exact same thing!

Then he says he never got a rematch in fights he's lost... Which contradicts the fact that he constantly says he's undefeated :lol:

JP77

It's a meaningless fight in a division where there is so much potential.

Poirier should be fighting for the title and McGregor should be fighting Ferguson or Gaethje.

Instead we get this rematch, which has zero relevance.
McGregor still has relevance despite the loss and Poirier does too. They’re also 1-1 now, it makes sense to do one more fight especially considering Conor clearly had him in danger in round one in that fight.

Poirier fight who for the title? Does anybody seriously want to see him against Khabib again? Zero desire to see a fight where we all know Khabib is going to rag doll him on the ground.

I’d like to see him against Olivera tbh but I also have no problem with them rolling with a fight against McGregor again because it’ll be a quality fight. They can’t really go wrong with any combination between Poirier, Conor, Olivera and Gaethje, any of those fighting each other will be brilliant. I think Khabib rag dolls are four of them.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
McGregor still has relevance despite the loss and Poirier does too. They’re also 1-1 now, it makes sense to do one more fight especially considering Conor clearly had him in danger in round one in that fight.

Poirier fight who for the title? Does anybody seriously want to see him against Khabib again? Zero desire to see a fight where we all know Khabib is going to rag doll him on the ground.

I’d like to see him against Olivera tbh but I also have no problem with them rolling with a fight against McGregor again because it’ll be a quality fight. They can’t really go wrong with any combination between Poirier, Conor, Olivera and Gaethje, any of those fighting each other will be brilliant. I think Khabib rag dolls are four of them.
I'd like Poirier v Oliviera.

What happens if Connor beats Poirier? The division will not have a clear candidate for the title fight.

Oliviera will be one... The other will be who? Chandler? feck that.

This is under the assumption that Khabib is retired.

predator

Youth NITK
What time is the last fight. fecking gopping card. :rolleyes:
You think?
I reckon it's a pretty good card. I'm looking forward to these prelims as much as the main event to be honest because Polyana Viana is gorgeous and that rodolfo veiria has amazing bjj.

I just hope usman and burns is not going to be a disappointment

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
You think?
I reckon it's a pretty good card. I'm looking forward to these prelims as much as the main event to be honest because Polyana Viana is gorgeous and that rodolfo veiria has amazing bjj.

I just hope usman and burns is not going to be a disappointment
Don’t really know many fighters on that card to be honest. :lol:

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Does Rogan actually have a clue? Within the first 90 seconds of this fight...

"Oh, he has his back. This is done."

"He has his arm. This looks over."

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Love the entrance from Marquez. No shame in loving Blondie. Although I think it’s the fantastic
Miley Cyrus cover of it

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I hate Rogan on commentary.

OHHHHH! HE'S GOT HIS BACK. OHHH! HE'S ROCKED HIM. OHHH! THIS IS ALL OVER LADIES AND GENTLEMEN. OHHH OHHH OHHH!

This is all said whilst the two fighters are circling each other.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Marquez with a contender for the worst nickname in MMA?