The MMA thread

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Conor was winning the fight until the leg started slowing down IMO. His mistake was not taking the leg kicks seriously, his ego is his biggest and worst weapon at times.

He thinks he doesn't need to worry about his opposition as his striking will be too much for anybody, but when somebody can handle it and wear him down he struggles.

You could see Poirier started really nervously in round 1, then half way through 2 he got some confidence with that nice counter right hook.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Conor was winning the fight until the leg started slowing down IMO. His mistake was not taking the leg kicks seriously, his ego is his biggest and worst weapon at times.

He thinks he doesn't need to worry about his opposition as his striking will be too much for anybody, but when somebody can handle it and wear him down he struggles.

You could see Poirier started really nervously in round 1, then half way through 2 he got some confidence with that nice counter right hook.
I don't think he was not taking the leg kicks seriously, he checked many, it was just painful and Connor being so one dimensional these days, he had no plan to switch up to.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
@JPRouve , another factor for speed is weight, or lack thereof, it wouldn’t be a surprise if mass/bulk has compromised his speed a bit, too. Again so weird because Conor used to drum on about being a martial artist and relying on timing, distance and letting his hands go naturally when it was optimal to do so.

This video highlights how he's betrayed his actual style for something he's not versed in, or indeed, very good at:

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
@JPRouve , another factor for speed is weight, or lack thereof, it wouldn’t be a surprise if mass/bulk has compromised his speed a bit, too. Again so weird because Conor used to drum on about being a martial artist and relying on timing, distance and letting his hands go naturally when it was optimal to do so.

This video highlights how he's betrayed his actual style for something he's not versed in, or indeed, very good at:

Thanks for that and your previous posts. Helped have a better understanding.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Thanks for that and your previous posts. Helped have a better understanding.
No probs. The perception of speed can come via fluidity (if not outright drops in speed), and in his actual style, Conor's [whole] movements are seamless and only take the extension to finish; as a boxer, or whatever it is he's trying to be, he's more mechanical and he doesn't set his feet in the correct way before throwing most of his shots, which is going to make them look slower, as you're then only really looking at the arms and not at how the force has been generated.

Personally, I think he's a slower than he used to be, but we'd need to see him throw the same shots from his natural style in a 'then' and 'now' side-by-side to really be sure.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Fights are back tomorrow! Everybody made weight.

The main card with some very good fights.

ps. The Bareknuckle fights are live now. Paige Van Zant makes her debut tonight.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
I always get nervous when my boy Reem fights. He always looks like he's in danger and pulls the win out of the bag. My heart can't take it :lol:

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Anyone watching? I think DC just let one rip.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Guida v Johnson:

This fight is like a jock Vs a bum outside weatherspoons on a Friday night.

Reditus

Yeah. frankie, one of my favourites ever. But call it a day

Reditus

If MMA fighters could wear shoes, both would have just popped off