The MMA thread

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
You never see a fighter cry like that and also then hearing him say "I can't see." That was frightening. Hopefully no long-term damage.

Hernandez - BFA

The Way to Fly
Eye pokes, be it accidental or not, make me wince like hell.
I've poked myself in the eye with half the force Edwards put in, and I've been physically unable to open my eye for a few minutes.
You can tell from the agony Belal was showing that it hurt a feck ton - good swelling and bruising quite quickly as well.

Hopefully his vision isn't affected by it.

Eye pokes really need to be ironed out. It may not be super common, but it absolutely ruins fights. Edwards was warned a few minutes prior the first time. I'm sure I've seen one where the glove does not allow you to fully extend the fingers? May not solve the issue though.

It may not be that bad of a pandemic - I just wince and hate when I see it. The medical point of view, as well as it ruining and prematurely ending fights.

Big shame.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Eye pokes, be it accidental or not, make me wince like hell.
I've poked myself in the eye with half the force Edwards put in, and I've been physically unable to open my eye for a few minutes.
You can tell from the agony Belal was showing that it hurt a feck ton - good swelling and bruising quite quickly as well.

Hopefully his vision isn't affected by it.

Eye pokes really need to be ironed out. It may not be super common, but it absolutely ruins fights. Edwards was warned a few minutes prior the first time. I'm sure I've seen one where the glove does not allow you to fully extend the fingers? May not solve the issue though.

It may not be that bad of a pandemic - I just wince and hate when I see it. The medical point of view, as well as it ruining and prematurely ending fights.

Big shame.
Yeah, hopefully Belal is ok and recovers 100%.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
I don't think Edwards should be given any sympathy. He was warned by Dean moments earlier and still managed to end the fight with an eye poke.

Oggmonster

Yeah, hopefully Belal is ok and recovers 100%.

Why is Dana sharing that of all people?!?! Its such an easy problem to solve but he won't do it. People have been saying for years to change the gloves. I bet every card has a minimum of 5 eye pokes involved it'd far to many.

cyberman

Why is Dana sharing that of all people?!?! Its such an easy problem to solve but he won't do it. People have been saying for years to change the gloves. I bet every card has a minimum of 5 eye pokes involved it'd far to many.
They havent got the patent for it ao they refuse to use them is the theory i heard.

Oggmonster

They havent got the patent for it ao they refuse to use them is the theory i heard.
Yep makes sense to be honest. Just daft, I know most aren't "that bad" (although they will still hurt) but it just happens way to often, that ruined a main event last night...I doubt they're to arsed cos it wasn't one of the bigger cards but imagine that happening in a McGregor fight for example.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He's sharing that cause Edwards is a fighter not in his good books and very likely won't get a title show next. That was just to pave the way.

Oggmonster

He's sharing that cause Edwards is a fighter not in his good books and very likely won't get a title show next. That was just to pave the way.
I dunno I don't think it comes off worse on Edwards than it does UFC considering it happens literally every week. If I had to guess he's sharing it cos it shows how violent ufc can can and to justify the stoppage which is all fair but this could be stopped if they just changed the gloves.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
I dunno I don't think it comes off worse on Edwards than it does UFC considering it happens literally every week. If I had to guess he's sharing it cos it shows how violent ufc can can and to justify the stoppage which is all fair but this could be stopped if they just changed the gloves.
It's just one of those things Dana does with his non-favorite fighters. I'm sure part of it is also damage control for a fight at the top of a card that had such a meh ending.

iluvoursolskjær

Searching for life's white text in London
Glad Belal's vision is coming back, that looked real nasty in real time. Leon has had an awful couple years but as others have mentioned he only has himself to blame here, Herb warned him about that very thing. Looked good on what he managed to show but will have to fight again before a title bout.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Glad Belal's vision is coming back, that looked real nasty in real time. Leon has had an awful couple years but as others have mentioned he only has himself to blame here, Herb warned him about that very thing. Looked good on what he managed to show but will have to fight again before a title bout.
Wonderboy or Chimaev (if he recovers).

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Edwards can feck off imo. The fact that he won the first round and managed to not win the fight as a result of his own actions shouldn't mean he gets a title shot. Let him fight Masvidal or Burns to see if he's good enough to be in the Usman category.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I’d assume everyone will be vaccinated by then? Or at least those attending. Not really sure how things are in US if I’m honest.
Nope, specially the demographic that will attend the event. The vaccine for the general population will be available in May.

Also, Florida governor said they won't force the vaccine on floridians, so I doubt attendees to the event will be vaccinated at all.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Nope, specially the demographic that will attend the event. The vaccine for the general population will be available in May.

Also, Florida governor said they won't force the vaccine on floridians, so I doubt attendees to the event will be vaccinated at all.
Ah okay then. Pretty irresponsible then. The card will be good though.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

He's looking good. And big! b

justboy68

Great fight and pleasantly surprised that divisional sense has prevailed. Happy to see Oliveira and Chandler get the shot and they didn't make a farcial Poirier - Mcgregor rematch for the title. Poirier was obviously given the choice of title fight or big money rematch vs Mcgregor and he made his decision.