The MMA thread

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
I really enjoyed last night's card.

The highlight was Poirier! A people's favorite, many, including myself, were probably writing him down already but the guy belongs to the top 5 of the most stacked division without a shadow of doubt

Chito clearly was awarded a title fight just for growing the omalley brand, so no surprises in the result, but we all know Suga has to fight Merab now

Gordon S

Chito is so passive, was targetpractice for o malley. He is going to hate fighting Merab

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Chito is so passive, was targetpractice for o malley. He is going to hate fighting Merab
Merab is great but I've a feeling he might put him out before the pace and cardio becomes an issue. He's been hurt before including against Cejudo, there's simply no way Merab's going to be even remotely competitive on the feet and so he'll have to be as aggressive as Aljo was closing the distance and we saw how that went.

Gordon S

Merab is great but I've a feeling he might put him out before the pace and cardio becomes an issue. He's been hurt before including against Cejudo, there's simply no way Merab's going to be even remotely competitive on the feet and so he'll have to be as aggressive as Aljo was closing the distance and we saw how that went.
Merab will have some problems closing the distance, but his press is relentless. I think Merab will take him to the ground and that will be all she wrote. I think.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Bo Nickal being on the main card at 300 over the likes of Jiri-Rakic and Aljo, and after Charles-Arman is giving real Sage Northcutt vibes.

I think he has the potential to go all the way but damn with this much limelight, he's set for a hard fall from grace if he doesn't fulfill expectations...

redom

That was a fun one, feel like Culibao was the more easy on the eye but allowed too many clinches/grappling situations which allowed Silva to take those rounds.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
That was a fun one, feel like Culibao was the more easy on the eye but allowed too many clinches/grappling situations which allowed Silva to take those rounds.
Best scrap of the night so far.

Yep, 1st and 3rd for Silva was my opinion too.

I'm watching the Spanish stream but I can imagine Cruz screaming to Culibao, "underhook! Underhook!"

Was controlled/stalled way too easily.

redom

OSP and Nzechukwu leaving it all in the ring in that third round, could've put them in a phone box.

redom

Tuivasa really needs to work on his overall skillset, he's tough as nails and can bang but man does he leave himself exposed in certain situations. Pretty good card considering I was gonna skip it.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Bobby Knuckles v Chimaev in Saudi (June 22)... Let's go!
Good fight. I'm glad they are actually making Khamzat fight a ranked MW before giving him a title shot. Who've you got in this one?

I slightly favour Whittaker - we've never really seen him thoroughly outgrappled before (albeit Khamzat might be a different kettle of fish to any wrestler he's so far) and I think it's clear he's the much better striker.

I worry about Khamzat's pacing and cardio, anytime he's been in extended fights he's looked tired - if Rob can survive the early onslaught and remain competitive on the cards going into the championship rounds I think he can rally to win on points or force a late stoppage.