The MMA thread

SAFMUTD

How much power does Tuporia, the new era has arrived he looks an absolute beast.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Didn't see the post fight. What was said?
Toparia called out McGregor in Spain. Definitely the most money he can make even if it's unlikely. Volk didn't day anything too bad I just think it's in bad taste and should be avoided most if not all of the time ( the post ko interview)

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Toparia called out McGregor in Spain. Definitely the most money he can make even if it's unlikely. Volk didn't day anything too bad I just think it's in bad taste and should be avoided most if not all of the time ( the post ko interview)
Fair. I remember him saying he was struggling mentally after the previous loss so was wondering if something like that came up. I really like him and hope he isn't dealing with demons.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
I wonder what Max Holloway is thinking right now.

He could jump right into a title shot and face Ilia next, but instead is facing a potentially life altering fight vs Gaethje.

Rasendori

Man Of Culture
I'm contemplating delving into UFC as a spectator sport, and I believe the most accessible approach is to follow specific fighters with a particular style, that watching it blindly.

I suspect I'll appreciate fighters known for their exceptional mobility. With this criterion in mind, I'm seeking recommendations from UFC enthusiasts for current fighters who stand out for their agility, mobility, flexibility, and unorthodox movements.

Currently, Ciryl Gane has my interest based on his workout routine.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I'm contemplating delving into UFC as a spectator sport, and I believe the most accessible approach is to follow specific fighters with a particular style, that watching it blindly.

I suspect I'll appreciate fighters known for their exceptional mobility. With this criterion in mind, I'm seeking recommendations from UFC enthusiasts for current fighters who stand out for their agility, mobility, flexibility, and unorthodox movements.

Currently, Ciryl Gane has my interest based on his workout routine.
Cory Sandhagen, Yair Rodriguez, Rafael Fizziv, Stephen Thompson, Israel Adesanya, Jiří Procházka, Tom Aspinall

All strikers from different divisions (men’s divisions). Grapplers is a different matter

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
I’ve felt something has been off with Volk for a while now. Between his own cryptic comments about mental health and going up in weight the 2nd time and getting K.O’d, he doesn’t look like the same fighter he did before dallying with the extra weight.

Talking nothing away from Tuporia, who genuinely looks the part, Volk just doesn’t seem like himself, like he’s going through the motions, but that edge he’s famed for fighting with is absent.

bosskeano

I’ve felt something has been off with Volk for a while now. Between his own cryptic comments about mental health and going up in weight the 2nd time and getting K.O’d, he doesn’t look like the same fighter he did before dallying with the extra weight.

Talking nothing away from Tuporia, who genuinely looks the part, Volk just doesn’t seem like himself, like he’s going through the motions, but that edge he’s famed for fighting with is absent.
agreed....he just doesn't look like the same fighter ever since trying to hold the two belts

just looks like he is mentally a bit burnt out

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
agreed....he just doesn't look like the same fighter ever since trying to hold the two belts

just looks like he is mentally a bit burnt out
Going up in weight as a dominant champ and attempting the double strap is admirable and an incredible feat if you can pull it off, but so many who attempt really derail themselves and never look the same for it. I think it’s the worst kind of double-edged sword because in [true] prep for going up, unless you were unnaturally competing a division down (see Alex), you put your body through too much, and worse still, you go back down again to defend your original belt against fighters who were hungry and 100% focused on you the entire time you were dicking about getting your mass up, to then have to take it all back off again.

I believe it messes with timings and the natural flow state - sharpness then never looks as it used because, fundamentally, you’re physiologically different even if you have made weight to fight. Add this to Volk’s self-stated issues and you’ve a really volatile cocktail for opponents to take into deep water.

Volk’s first fight with Makhachev, he had his featherweight style: staying mobile and working from outside to in.

Volk’s rematch, he looked more flat-footed and power base focused.

Volk’s fight with Topuria; he’s not sticking to the principles that got him to, and kept him at, the top

There looks to be a lot of carryover from the power-based style he went up with above, which really played into the stylistic strengths Topuria has.

Like Adesanya, the road back to what they used to be looks a distance away, if it’s even possible with their advanced ages.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout

Sticky hands, but with elbows. Mmm.

Seems so long as he is the centre stage, training others might be a good post-career route that doesn’t see him catastrophically derail. The amount of insight and thinking he could pass on would be insane.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town

Sticky hands, but with elbows. Mmm.

Seems so long as he is the centre stage, training others might be a good post-career route that doesn’t see him catastrophically derail. The amount of insight and thinking he could pass on would be insane.
Yeah but imagine the end of term party or Xmas lunches he will attend :lol:

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Imagine a Jon Jones with the work ethic of a prime Ronaldo... a scary thought!
I think Jones is on the Maradona scale of madness and genius, like, him being a sane, rational human being is impossible to imagine. Probably part of that madness makes the genius fire on all cylinders without restraint, but unfortunately with the broken human that is attached.

Even when Jon is being good and showing amazing work ethic, it’s like a countdown to an equal and opposite meltdown somewhere down the line.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d

Poor kid. He was asking his corner to quit the fight after round 2, only to be sent out for that one.
I walked back into the room to see that knee….I was shocked. A proper brutal one for the ages

redom

Just checking the card for the weekend and realized how stacked it is, even the prelims has Blaydes vs Almeida and Gamrot vs RDA. Interested to see how MVP fairs against Holland, I don't expect him to be in the UFC too long (maybe even just this one fight) but it's a fun matchup.

bosskeano

headed to miami in the morning for the MMA event this weekend with my son and his buddies

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Not going to stay up to watch tonight, but it's very tempting.
Good card.