The MMA thread

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
The card doesn't look as good as the 299 but it's still a great main card with a solid undercard.

And the next two events before the 299 are quality too!
Yeah there’s a good case in staying up for this one.

I have a feeling Topuria is going to get it done.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Old Man Volk absolutely nailed that press conference yesterday. The slow getting out of his chair to confront Topuria, the falling asleep. Class. He's very much in Topuria's head I think at this point just by not rising to anything he's said and instead taking the piss out of himself.

I didn't mind Ilia but yesterday showed that in the heat of the moment he's not charismatic enough to carry this type of act and he's become grating. He might wish he was Conor McGregor but he absolutely is not cut from the same cloth personality wise.

As for his skills... I do actually think he's very good and he's been dominant in his MMA career so far but let's see, it's a big, big step-up on paper but is this the perfect time to catch Volk on a downward spiral? Or Is the Islam fight clouding a lot of peoples judgement?

Volk looked sensational back in July against Yair. Hoping for a similar performance tomorrow night.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Any of you watch Dan Hardy’s War Room series on YouTube before these events? I think they’re a bit hit and miss….he did a brilliant one before a Sandhagen fight once and they’ve never quite lived up to that one, but I do enjoy watching them from time to time

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
How can two judges have it 30-27 for Garry and the 3rd 29-28 Neal?
Are they watching the same fight?

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Garry's striking too fast and clean for Neal. Needed to set up his entries better. The body kicks were nice and probably the difference in the fight.
Good performance, specially considering all the pressure he must have been under after all the abuse his family have received in the last months.

How can two judges have it 30-27 for Garry and the 3rd 29-28 Neal?
Are they watching the same fight?
Lack of accountability allows for all kind of crazy scores. Ineptitude or corruption, make your pick.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Fair fecks to Bobby, some balls
coming off that DDP fight and ducking and weaving with Costa throwing bricks at your head for 15 mins. Hope he gets the belt back

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
Father time remains undefeated.

I was ready for this outcome and I'm not sad because that's the cycle. End of an era.

Looking forward to the Topuria era. Let's see what he can achieve.