The MMA thread

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Hopefully not bare knuckle where a fight with Mike perry might actually kill him.
He’ll go all the way down if MMA doesn’t want him anymore, imo. He’s too proud to admit his time is over and I think he wants to prove to himself as much as anyone else that he’s still a competitor. Problem is his style was always so bespoke and unorthodox that once his reflexes, timing and agility deserted him, he has only rudimentary fundamentals to fall back on and a too game tendency to stay on the central line and wait to see what happens next, which is why he needs pulling before someone really ends up hitting him as flush as Emmet did to Mitchell over the weekend. Tony can also take far too much of a punch, so you know he’ll get absolutely clobbered to be properly put out, otherwise he’ll keep plodding on getting the brain cells beat out of him until the ref calls the fight.

He’s already in deep waters and shouldn’t be fighting, so I shudder to think what the even more aged and slow version of him will look like in the upcoming year.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
He exhibits all.the classic signs of an aging past it fighter. Worse chin, slower reflexes, inability to adjust, saying crazy shit, weird stuff personally. Hope for the best but prepare for the worst type situation.

Name Changed

weso26
The UFC need to stop booking Ferguson for fights. He refuses to retire, but he’s destroying himself and shredding his legacy; at the current rate, he’ll be remembered more as meme than a potential Khabib killer. The guy is going to be a vegetable down the road; pretty sure he’ll just switch to any organisation that will prolong his humiliation; almost certain he’d do that bare knuckle nonsense if it came to it.
I blame the UFC for continuing to give him fights. He was completely done after Gaethje. Chandler almost killing him definitely should have been it. He clearly has some irreversible damage as it is.

Luke1995

My really bold wishlist for 2024 in MMA:

Jones fights Aspinall

Mcgregor fights three times in the year

Ronda Rousey returns

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Predictions for UFC 300 main / co-main?

Unless they are going to pull forward Conor-Chandler (interesting that they haven't followed up on Conor's 'announcement' yet with anything official) I think there's a chance we get Izzy-Pereira 3 at LHW. It's really the only other fight big enough that I think could headline.

There's talk of Leon-Belal but that seems very much a co-main to me, and if that were headlining I think you would have to stack the card elsewhere but they have already blown their load putting half the champions on 297 / 298 / 299.

Pat_Mustard

I'm so gorgeous they want to put me under arrest!
A never-nude? I thought he just liked cut-offs.
Predictions for UFC 300 main / co-main?

Unless they are going to pull forward Conor-Chandler (interesting that they haven't followed up on Conor's 'announcement' yet with anything official) I think there's a chance we get Izzy-Pereira 3 at LHW. It's really the only other fight big enough that I think could headline.

There's talk of Leon-Belal but that seems very much a co-main to me, and if that were headlining I think you would have to stack the card elsewhere but they have already blown their load putting half the champions on 297 / 298 / 299.
I'd lovd to see Aspinall vs Miocic as the main event, but there doesn't seem to be any appetite for it at all at this point from Dana or Stipe. Izzy-Pereira 3 is a good shout that's much likelier to happen. Gaethje seems to be in limbo at the moment, so maybe a fan-friendly fight with Max Holloway could be in the works?

Gordon S

I'd lovd to see Aspinall vs Miocic as the main event, but there doesn't seem to be any appetite for it at all at this point from Dana or Stipe. Izzy-Pereira 3 is a good shout that's much likelier to happen. Gaethje seems to be in limbo at the moment, so maybe a fan-friendly fight with Max Holloway could be in the works?
Not excited to see another Izzy fight regardless of opposition.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
If anyone deserves a chance at being labelled the BMF it's Max, but I would worry Gaethje would be the one to crack his chin to be honest.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Weili vs Yan Xionan announced.

Slightly underwhelming, I think it'll be a good fight and would have been huge atop a fight night event in China, but a seems out of place here.

Seems 2 more title fight announcements on the way from Uncle Dana tomorrow. Leon-Belal and Valentina-Grasso 3 perhaps?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Miocic is done with fighting for anything but legacy. It’s Jones or retirement, methinks.

redom

Next fight is the one that caught my eye from this card, always been impressed whenever I've seen Bautista and Simon should be a good test.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Just realised Manel Kape vs Nicolau is off the card. feck. We missed on another bantamweight potential banger.

Main event up next.
Freudian slip?

Pereira-Ankalaev for UFC 300? Should be Poatan's toughest test this.

Give me Miller-Felder on 300 too. :cool: