The MMA thread

Charlie Foley

The crowd cheers him now. cnuts.

Leon the much bigger man. Sadly. Colby deserves to be Bryce Mitchelled every day forever

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Well @Fortitude pleased that you were right.

Expected miles more from Colby. They need to get him the feck off the roster. Not even arsed to talk about the fight afterwards. Just a meme

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Belal not invited to the octagon post fight.

UFC probably finding a way to spin it so Khamzat or Shavkat to get the next shot :lol:
Shavkat vs Leon is mouthwatering. Both excellent strikers and grapplers. Just 2 really decent all-round mixed martial artists.

Probably not enough trash talk and WWE shit for Dana though

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Best part this morning was without a doubt this

Dan_F

“I don’t have a scratch on me” with two bleeding cuts on his nose and forehead.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
“I don’t have a scratch on me” with two bleeding cuts on his nose and forehead.
It's impressive how he can keep up the crap talk 24/7 and not get tired. It must be exhausting. Feel bad for him because without it he'd have no attention. Terrible performance

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
It's impressive how he can keep up the crap talk 24/7 and not get tired. It must be exhausting. Feel bad for him because without it he'd have no attention. Terrible performance
I'm ok with most trash talk if the performance backs it up. This performance was pathetic. I really wanted Leon to KO him.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
I'm ok with most trash talk if the performance backs it up. This performance was pathetic. I really wanted Leon to KO him.
After coming up short twice against prime Usman, who at the time looked unbeatable at Welter, I really thought Colby would throw the kitchen sink at Edwards. Last chance saloon, Edwards much less of an intimidating monster than Usman…..it really was all geared up for an all-out assault.

The performance was so bad it smacked of an injury but no doubt Colby would have got the excuse in post fight if one had existed.

I think he goes away now. Not active, no reason to push him again and to be honest didn’t look like he wanted to fight last night anyway

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Well @Fortitude pleased that you were right.

Expected miles more from Colby. They need to get him the feck off the roster. Not even arsed to talk about the fight afterwards. Just a meme
Disappointed Leon didn’t break him and leave him laid out. Colby was terrified; very pleased Edwards kept his emotions in check.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Leon has a distinct focus issue to work on before the next round of challengers roll round. He has a tendency to switch off after all the hard work is done, lulling himself into a false security that the fight is over and that he can switch to cruise control. He’s worked on so many of his weaknesses, but that one is not good for a champion vs hungrier and better opponents than the likes of Colby.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Leon has a distinct focus issue to work on before the next round of challengers roll round. He has a tendency to switch off after all the hard work is done, lulling himself into a false security that the fight is over and that he can switch to cruise control. He’s worked on so many of his weaknesses, but that one is not good for a champion vs hungrier and better opponents than the likes of Colby.
Agreed. It nearly cost him against Nate a few fights ago.

T00lsh3d

T00ly O' Sh3d
Can’t see him getting to ‘jobs done’ stage against Shavkat :lol:

He was probably shocked just how little Colby had to offer

Tyrion

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Deluded like his idol.

I think there's some sort of transformation when an MMA fighter becomes a caricature of the character they were playing and you start to wonder if they were ever really pretending. Maybe I'll call it the McGregor zone.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Frustrating that Colby didn't get his clock cleaned and can still continue to somehow talk shit, but dominate from Leon.

Can't imagine Colby ever getting back to another title shot which is satisfying, losing 3 now and putting in a performance like that he's going to have to go through contenders in their prime to get there and he's never proven he can do that.

Shavkat-Colby over 5 rounds next would please me, I'm almost certain he'd get finished and then what would the excuse be.

Dirty Schwein

Supports
Luton Town
Frustrating that Colby didn't get his clock cleaned and can still continue to somehow talk shit, but dominate from Leon.

Can't imagine Colby ever getting back to another title shot which is satisfying, losing 3 now and putting in a performance like that he's going to have to go through contenders in their prime to get there and he's never proven he can do that.

Shavkat-Colby over 5 rounds next would please me, I'm almost certain he'd get finished and then what would the excuse be.
He would run his mouth even if he got KO.

"I didn't get knocked out, I just fancied a nap because Leon is so boring and this disgusting ref gave Leon the win. I was dreaming of the first responders, they're the real heroes, the real celebrities keeping us and our borders safe. Leon, I'm coming for you, you're dead!"

Or something to that effect.

Raoul

Admin
Staff

Dana said Colby looked old and slow (or something similar) in his post fight presser and more or less blamed him for taking 18 months off, which is usually an ominous sign for his future fight opportunities, especially at 35.

UpWithRivers

MMA is built around the fighters being cnts. Sells tickets. Look how Mighty Mouse ended up being nice

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Dana said Colby looked old and slow (or something similar) in his post fight presser and more or less blamed him for taking 18 months off, which is usually an ominous sign for his future fight opportunities, especially at 35.
He said he just signed a new deal. Regardless of whether he looked slow and old, he'll still capture attention and views fighting, which is all the UFC care about.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
He said he just signed a new deal. Regardless of whether he looked slow and old, he'll still capture attention and views fighting, which is all the UFC care about.
Yeah, he just wont be featured in title fights anymore. Bilal, Shavkhat and Usman will be in line first.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Let’s be real: Colby will get big fights and views because a massive amount of the paying audience want to see him get seriously hurt. Sort of like Floyd led so many to tune in in the hope he’d one day get humbled.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
Yeah, he just wont be featured in title fights anymore. Bilal, Shavkhat and Usman will be in line first.
Of course, as I said already, I highly doubt he'll get back there. The fact he dismissed Shavkat - which is a fight that if he wins puts him back in the title picture -- and called out the guy he just beat instead shows he isn't prepared to fight these up-and-coming contenders and would rather try and pick up a few easier paydays as he enters the final chapter of his career.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
The UFC need to stop booking Ferguson for fights. He refuses to retire, but he’s destroying himself and shredding his legacy; at the current rate, he’ll be remembered more as meme than a potential Khabib killer. The guy is going to be a vegetable down the road; pretty sure he’ll just switch to any organisation that will prolong his humiliation; almost certain he’d do that bare knuckle nonsense if it came to it.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
The UFC need to stop booking Ferguson for fights. He refuses to retire, but he’s destroying himself and shredding his legacy; at the current rate, he’ll be remembered more as meme than a potential Khabib killer. The guy is going to be a vegetable down the road; pretty sure he’ll just switch to any organisation that will prolong his humiliation; almost certain he’d do that bare knuckle nonsense if it came to it.
Hopefully not bare knuckle where a fight with Mike perry might actually kill him.